Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2242 2243 [2244] 2245 2246 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437870 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33645 on: July 28, 2011, 01:04:40 pm »

My day was aweome until about 16:30. Everything was going right, it was a nice, lazy day where I'd been working on a (in my opinion) killer DnD quest that would finally properly involve my party, my nosebleed/sinus problem had pretty much cleared up and I'd got a new and awesome CD.

Then my mum got in. Currently, I'm sitting in my room in silence, because I'm not allowed to play any because she hates everything that isn't really easy-listening jazz/classics, and I've had to cancel DnD for the second week running. Woooo fuck my life.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33647 on: July 28, 2011, 03:55:58 pm »

Man doing this college stuff is depressing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33648 on: July 28, 2011, 04:11:43 pm »

Hmm, so I've learned a valuable lesson about why I should really pay attention to the directions for cooking things. Those eggs I was pickling, well, it turns out there's a good reason they're supposed to be peeled first. Though the shells do dissolve off eventually (I was counting on this) it seems to significantly reduce the acidity of the brine, enough that after just a day it was pretty weak. I ate one to see how they were coming, and then about 20 minutes later while randomly checking things on the Internet discovered that apparently insufficiently acidic egg-pickling is a botulism vector. Sooooo... if I later die of food poisoning, I'll know where that came from. Still statistically unlikely, but eh.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33649 on: July 28, 2011, 05:09:52 pm »

Man doing this college stuff is depressing.
Well, from where I'm standing right now, it's seems not doing the college stuff is as well.
Love, scriver~

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33650 on: July 28, 2011, 05:31:00 pm »

Although I haven't looked up botulism or anything, I'd figure you would have noticed something immediately when trying to eat it, or from the smell alone.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33651 on: July 28, 2011, 05:32:09 pm »

Botulism not only kills with great rapidity, but the effects of it's growth are pretty obvious.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33652 on: July 28, 2011, 05:55:53 pm »

My walk for today ended up ruined :(. I made the mistake of walking down a bike trail through the woods and ended up swarmed by deer flies. Luckly none of them managed to bite a chunk out of me, but having my head constantly dive bombed still wasn't any fun. Then I end up going home after only an hour or less of walking instead of my usual two hours because my stupid heart started hurting.
My personality profile.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33653 on: July 28, 2011, 06:15:57 pm »

True, but my understanding of food poisoning is that "great rapidity" is "a few hours" (given that it took about 12 for the case study I saw to develop any symptoms), and the vinegar is a pretty good cover for any developing odors. I'm not saying I'm significantly worried, it's just a mild, "Ohhh, oops. Better not do that again."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33654 on: July 28, 2011, 06:27:20 pm »

Well, need to appeal for my financial aid now due to work cutting way too much outta my life, this is going to require some serious groveling. Also just walked into a OfficeMax looking for a job and saw lots of walking ads, needless to say first thing i ask was there another position open instead of sales.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33655 on: July 28, 2011, 06:40:59 pm »

Badly cut a part of my mouth :(. Spitting out blood is never fun.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33656 on: July 28, 2011, 07:11:42 pm »

How did you manage to cut your mouth?
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33657 on: July 28, 2011, 07:14:50 pm »

How did you manage to cut your mouth?
I was trying to get something out of my teeth and cut open the top of my mouth after my finger slipped (Past my teeth and close to my upper lip) for the 4th time this week.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33658 on: July 28, 2011, 07:15:41 pm »

Damn. Time to invest in toothpicks?
Love, scriver~

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #33659 on: July 28, 2011, 10:31:45 pm »

I appear to have finished Methods of Rationality. :(
Pages: 1 ... 2242 2243 [2244] 2245 2246 ... 8167