Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2236 2237 [2238] 2239 2240 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443091 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33555 on: July 26, 2011, 05:21:48 pm »

Would offer internet hug, but would probably fall asleep on your httpshoulder.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33556 on: July 26, 2011, 05:31:17 pm »

It's all right.  I just have to get up and try again.  Every time I fail, I learn a little more.

Damned if I don't feel frustrated, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33557 on: July 26, 2011, 05:54:31 pm »

Stay away from processed so-called "fruit sticks". One brand i checked out here was 82% sugar D:

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33558 on: July 26, 2011, 05:59:42 pm »

An online friend of mine is pestering me about Gplus. I'm there, but I have little enough time as it is to be altogether too present.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33559 on: July 26, 2011, 06:01:19 pm »

Stay away from processed so-called "fruit sticks". One brand i checked out here was 82% sugar D:
Pixie sticks are better anyway, especially cash-registering it. This is a term everyone should know and enjoy.

Keeping with them theme of the thread, fuck mosquitoes. It gets kinda hot around here just like home, and the locals dont really use AC too much. Just open some windows you know? No humidity and constant wind means it cools you down pretty well. But the moment the sun approaches the horizon these little devils come out and make everything unbearable. Not as bad as at home, but at home we normally completely seal the house from the outside so those little bastards are no problem. Here I wake up with my feet covered in bites. Really. Underside, between the toes, all of it. Thankfully there was a heatwave today so we were not gonna go out anyway, but I am really in no condition to walk.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33560 on: July 26, 2011, 06:02:41 pm »

Yeah, there's a reason why I don't eat that stuff, either.

Pfaugh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33561 on: July 26, 2011, 06:05:45 pm »

Other things related to heat: It's giving my dogs stomach problems, so it's getting a little smelly in the living room.  It's also driving all the bugs indoors in search of cold air and water, including the spiders.  Hard to ignore what a huge wuss you are when taking pleasure in watching a spider die after knocking him off the toilet seat.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33562 on: July 26, 2011, 06:08:21 pm »

Even when that spider bit my junk like eight times a few months ago in my sleep it was not as bad as these fucking mosquitoes. It isnt even that much cooler inside, the lights are off, they just smell my blood from across the mountain.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33563 on: July 26, 2011, 06:09:23 pm »

Other things related to heat: It's giving my dogs stomach problems, so it's getting a little smelly in the living room.  It's also driving all the bugs indoors in search of cold air and water, including the spiders.  Hard to ignore what a huge wuss you are when taking pleasure in watching a spider die after knocking him off the toilet seat.
I actually feel too bad about flushing insects/spiders without them being dead first. I don't want to prolong the misery I give them, so I tend to try to destroy their nervous system as fast as I can. If they're going to die, I try to give them a quick one if at all possible.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33564 on: July 26, 2011, 06:14:24 pm »

I dump them in the street if possible
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33565 on: July 26, 2011, 06:43:07 pm »

I always try to get them outside if I can. Especially non-annoying critters.

Not mosquitoes, though. Mosquitoes die horribly in my clenched fist. And so do ticks. Except between my nails.
Love, scriver~

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #33566 on: July 26, 2011, 06:56:23 pm »

noah as well? wonder what that was for.
Extremely tasteless and now purged comment about the Oslo bombing in Dwarf Fortress terms.

That is really fucked up.

Hokay, I'm looking at a person here on the mod log, who's name was meanmelter. He's banned, so i'm like "Woah, shit's crazy,I've got to check this out."

Meanmelter's post essentially said I WAS IN IT FOR THE BITCHES.

I was very confused by this. I chuckled for a second, then scrolled down, and hopy shit, here comes vector on the warpath because meanmelter cracked a fucking joke.

Granted, it was tasteless, but damn, that was not worth getting banned over.

on topic, Just got back from football practice. could best be described as wearing armor inside of a furnace.

Good thing we didn't run. I already wanted to vomit and have a heat stroke as is by the end of practice.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:16:10 pm by ggamer »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #33567 on: July 26, 2011, 07:11:51 pm »

So instead of making a small concession for me and adjusting his wording slightly, my dad started yelling at me about how "That's not going to get you anywhere in the 'Real World'", and how "You're not going to keep a job very long if you keep arguing 'semantics' like that". You know what, if I had a boss that yelled at me every time I told them I didn't like how they phrased things, I'd quit before they even got a chance to fire me.
If doing the "bare minimum" is doing exactly what is told of me as best I can, nothing more, nothing less, then I guess I'm just not cut out for a world where apparently, everyone does so much more than is expected of them, and so everyone loves them and they have great jobs and lots of friends.
I feel like doing some sort of series: "The World According To My Dad" Because in his world, if you try hard enough to achieve something, you'll always succeed, and finding friends is so easy I don't even need to tell you how or where to go. I would love to live in my dad's world of rainbows and puppy kisses, but that's not reality. I'm even kind of surprised he still thinks this way after all we've been through.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33568 on: July 26, 2011, 07:21:01 pm »

I get the same mosquito problem too except with every other bug as well.  I swear this one fly woke me up today and has been following me the whole day, chilling on my knee occasionally.  I will punch you.

Also it rained all day and still is so no fishing for me. :[

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #33569 on: July 26, 2011, 07:25:21 pm »

Also it rained all day and still is so no fishing for me. :[

suuucks. I've only had one trip cut short by rain but still, i feel for you bro.

or sis, that avatar is androgynous.
Pages: 1 ... 2236 2237 [2238] 2239 2240 ... 8167