Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2234 2235 [2236] 2237 2238 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446407 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33525 on: July 26, 2011, 12:47:18 am »

This is google we are talking about. They give personal information out like candy on Halloween, it is just what they do! It makes them an evil enterprise, but I still love them more than Apple!

EDIT:
All day I have been half way through typing up a reply to a thread, then just not feeling it like and clicking out... Makes me sad.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33526 on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:21 am »

My mother's uncle lives with us, and he's a fire hazard. He has melted rice cookers and saucepan handles, leaves the gas stove on unlit semi-regularly and once (this is not his fault, mind you) his car spontaneously caught fire at three in the morning. Today, I came home from rehearsal to the entire house smelling of gas. He'd left a burner on, unlit, for about four hours.

He spent most of his life as a fireman.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33527 on: July 26, 2011, 03:08:14 am »

Years ago I was introduced to Pat Mills' 2000AD comic character Sláine through reading The Horned God. It was illustrated by one of my favourite illustrators Simon Bisley. More recently I've been buying all the other Sláine material. The last week I read the first 11 stories collected as Warrior's Dawn and found the art to be mostly fine and the stories to be slightly silly but enjoyable. I'm now almost done with the two stories collected as Time Killer and the first story was fine but the second is awful. I find myself laughing at just how bad it is and it's shamefully bad. I'm not sure if I'm sad or just disappointed. The story telling really matures by the writing of The Horned God.

Spoiler: My complaints (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:22:53 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33528 on: July 26, 2011, 04:08:28 am »

Google+

I refuse to move to it, and more and more of my friends are going there from Facebook.  No company should be allowed to have that much information from me.  But I've enjoyed being able to keep in touch with my friends.

Also, I have to cut pretty much all processed sugar from my diet.  It's really not doing good things for me.  But I'll miss my candy, honey, and jam =/
why are you knocking out the complex carbs? You need those to keep maintaining endurance over the day.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33529 on: July 26, 2011, 06:34:45 am »

Back into work today after a 5-day hiatus = Sad.
915 unread emails = Sadder.
Only 2 of them were actually worth keeping = SADDEST.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33530 on: July 26, 2011, 06:55:31 am »

I think one of my State's senators might be dumb enough to follow along with the rest of the republican senators on their 'plan' for handling the debt crisis. (Do nothing until everyone else surrenders.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #33531 on: July 26, 2011, 07:41:44 am »

Google+

I refuse to move to it, and more and more of my friends are going there from Facebook.  No company should be allowed to have that much information from me.  But I've enjoyed being able to keep in touch with my friends.

Also, I have to cut pretty much all processed sugar from my diet.  It's really not doing good things for me.  But I'll miss my candy, honey, and jam =/

facebook isn't exactly respecting your info either. I have a google+ invite and have since it was still closed, but I never used it. Just dont have the energy to check it out.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33532 on: July 26, 2011, 08:36:08 am »

I might of just horribly insulted somebody... on their birthday! Not fun feeling...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33533 on: July 26, 2011, 09:04:58 am »

Fencing, while incredibly fun, and seeming to be something I have natural talent at, has more or less ended with me having something one rung down from a puncture wound on my chest, and a moderately impressive blister on my foot from my irregular stance. But, that stance also gives me a lot, lot more speed and freedom of movement, so I either get to sacrifice pain for winnings, or winnings for lack of pain.

Also I'm trying to fix up the garden at my unit and despite my best efforts, everything I do requires another, another and another tool, until it seems I'll be giving all of my money to the nearest hardware store, just to have a nicer-looking side of the house which nobody sees anyway.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33534 on: July 26, 2011, 09:07:17 am »

Your feet will become callused eventually. The blisters will stop and you will have invincible feet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33535 on: July 26, 2011, 09:31:23 am »

Heh...I tried my hand at fencing in college, thinking that my superior mind and knowledge of all things pointy and swordlike would give me an advantage. It was then that I discovered that I have all the reflexes of a tree sloth on roofies.  :-[

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #33536 on: July 26, 2011, 09:34:03 am »

So, breadblocks and noah both got week mutes.

WHAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUCK

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33537 on: July 26, 2011, 10:38:17 am »

Also sad that I didn't get to take any of my planned vacation excursions this past weekend because it was too freakin' hot to travel safely with small children. As it was, my son was running a 103 fever most of Friday night and all day Saturday. Meaning, he was about the same temperature as the air outside.  :o

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33538 on: July 26, 2011, 10:58:54 am »

Also sad that I didn't get to take any of my planned vacation excursions this past weekend because it was too freakin' hot to travel safely with small children. As it was, my son was running a 103 fever most of Friday night and all day Saturday. Meaning, he was about the same temperature as the air outside.  :o

Hopy shit, dude. Hope he feels better.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33539 on: July 26, 2011, 11:09:33 am »

Hopy shit, dude. Hope he feels better.
Yeah, his fever broke by Sunday morning. Unfortunately, his sister now has more or less the same thing. She's handling it a lot better, being old enough to understand that she's sick. Last night, she was running about 102.5 and yet she put on a sweater and long pants and wrapped herself up in our blankets because she can't stop shivering. I was out sick yesterday, so my wife (who is also ill) stayed home with her today. We're all just a big ol' ball of plague and pestilence around our house lately.  ::)

Pages: 1 ... 2234 2235 [2236] 2237 2238 ... 8167