Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2232 2233 [2234] 2235 2236 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446834 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33495 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:56 am »

Wrap it up nice and tight~
I find that helps a fair bit with joint pains~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33496 on: July 25, 2011, 03:32:07 am »

I think I need some more practice in the whole "not being evil" thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #33497 on: July 25, 2011, 03:38:07 am »

I think I need some more practice in the whole "not being evil" thing.
Define evil? I haven't heard word yet of a scarf ninja building a giant death laser or just running about stabbing people in their sleep.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33498 on: July 25, 2011, 03:39:50 am »

I should stop using lateral thinking to get reads on people's weak spots while completely shielding my own.  It's unfair to them.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #33499 on: July 25, 2011, 03:48:05 am »

I should stop using lateral thinking to get reads on people's weak spots while completely shielding my own.  It's unfair to them.
What the hell did I tell you Vector, let's reitterate.
*FLASBACK*
I say: Just like Sniper's quote, "Have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
*ENDFLASHBACK*
Even when it's toned WAAY down from killing, it's a nice failsafe from many social blunders that can really screw shit up. I do suggest maintaining the illusiom that you are on grounds that you would be without that advantage, up to the moment you really need it. It isn't too hard if you just mentally archive the "advantage" to use later, and update it every so often.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33500 on: July 25, 2011, 04:26:18 am »

I seem to be depressed, or at least have a horrible attitude about everything right now.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33501 on: July 25, 2011, 08:47:56 am »

Ah, who am I kidding?
I'm not really making friends, just holding some casual conversations.

Seeing how I'm only starting university, while most people are in their second or third year, I shouldn't expect much anyway.

Sad thing is, that it will be similar at university itself.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33502 on: July 25, 2011, 09:00:26 am »

No it won't, Mindmaker. Don't let yourself fool you that way. The kind of people who make friends directly are few and far between, and to be honest their friendships has never come of as very deep to me. And really, I know exactly how you are feeling - I felt as I floated above my high school class (I had deliberately chosen to leave all my old friends behind when I chose my education) and didn't feel like I belonged there for about half a year to a year, before I finally managed to find my place and go beyond "casual acquaintance" level with my classmates. And looking back, I can honestly say that those other two years were the best ones of my life.

You're going to make friends at university, and you could now as well, I can guarantee it. You just have to be strong enough to not give up and shut yourself in. Keep kidding yourself, man, no matter how pointless it might feel at times. ;D
Love, scriver~

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #33503 on: July 25, 2011, 09:02:43 am »

Ah, who am I kidding?
I'm not really making friends, just holding some casual conversations.

Seeing how I'm only starting university, while most people are in their second or third year, I shouldn't expect much anyway.

Sad thing is, that it will be similar at university itself.

Don't be so sure, if you're anything like you are on the internetz in real life, you're bound to find someone, maybe not first month or second, but sooner or later.

I went to adult school with Muslim mothers, a polish immigrant, young hip and cool Arab women with threatening attitudes, buff Danish smart asses that scared the living crap out of me a Chinese immigrant and a troubled formerly semi criminal native Danish guy and some other more quite people, at the end of the year I was a really good friend of the Chinese woman and the last Dane I mentioned. And I'm a shy fat nerd without a job for 3 years and no education :b

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33504 on: July 25, 2011, 09:12:33 am »

The people my age will still be in their their third or fourth year, depending on their gender and type of education, when I'll be starting.

Don't be so sure, if you're anything like you are on the internetz in real life, you're bound to find someone, maybe not first month or second, but sooner or later.

Well I guess there will be other uneducated, unpopular, awkward oustiders, with no real talents or social skills whatsoever, like me...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33505 on: July 25, 2011, 10:43:40 am »

You give yourself too little credit, MM. You have to stop writing yourself off like that, stop believing that you are nothing. You're not. You're just as much and worth as much everybody else. Don't believe anyone - especially yourself - that tells you you're not. We believe in you. But you also have to believe in yourself.
Love, scriver~

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33506 on: July 25, 2011, 12:38:54 pm »

Slow day today, oh, and GLOBAL ECONOMICS!!~
At least it's cooled down quite a bit~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33507 on: July 25, 2011, 01:02:32 pm »

I start up my virus scanner to check if my computer has viruses. You know what? The look and layout of it has completely changed! What the fuck is happening?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #33508 on: July 25, 2011, 01:04:30 pm »

I am freaking out. I have not been able to focus.  I have not been able to think.

My mother is disabled and on social security disability payments, this disqualifies her from most medicare/medicaid benefits. She is already choosing to let her medical conditions go untreated because it would take her entire income to take care of it. My little sisters unemployment isn't being paid regularly and she can not afford to go to a doctor and have her medical conditions treated either. They are desperate, drowning in debt, just from trying to survive the shitty hand my family has been dealt and can not even afford to pay rent, electric, food, phone and car every month. Without a car and phone, my sister will not be able to job hunt and will not get the unemployment even if the state got off its ass and sent it out regularly.

The only thing I can do is rent/buy a large enough house to let them move in with me, that only lets them live not recover. I don't live in a state with social medicine, and they cant afford to move to one because of their dire straits. Even this option is completely contingent on my job as a federal contractor continuing and the debt limit issue and military cuts put that in incredible jeopardy.

My grandmother is dieing and my grandfather going through a mental breakdown over that plus he can not take care of her or himself any more.

I have no hope, i have no options. There is nothing I can do but wait, and even then I am only waiting to put a greater burden on myself and potentially sacrifice everything I have worked for and be dragged back down to the slow death of grinding poverty. I have so little in my life that is positive, and it is completely overwhelmed by all this chaos and negativity.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33509 on: July 25, 2011, 01:13:17 pm »

I start up my virus scanner to check if my computer has viruses. You know what? The look and layout of it has completely changed! What the fuck is happening?
Which one?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 2232 2233 [2234] 2235 2236 ... 8167