Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 [2226] 2227 2228 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449919 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33375 on: July 22, 2011, 02:20:15 pm »

Hey, live and let live man. So long as both are consenting partners you should not object.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33376 on: July 22, 2011, 02:22:57 pm »

but he posted it here, which means he's not happy about it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33377 on: July 22, 2011, 02:24:02 pm »

Yeah, I'm definitely not consenting. I'd sue, but that'd require me to do more bureaucratic bullshit.

Abuse of power I tell ya!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33378 on: July 22, 2011, 02:24:14 pm »

Was he attacked by the bs, then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33379 on: July 22, 2011, 02:25:29 pm »

Woke up at 3 a.m. today to find a spider had made my shoulder his chew toy during the night. Also during the night, those bites got infected. Add to this that I have poison ivy all over my legs. I am not happy in the slightest.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33380 on: July 22, 2011, 02:53:54 pm »

I just came to the realization that, over the past half-year or so, I have been brutally murdered in my dreams by almost everyone I know multiple times. That.....doesn't sound good to me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33381 on: July 22, 2011, 03:33:10 pm »

My internet hates TF2.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33382 on: July 22, 2011, 04:40:25 pm »

Anti-dreaming is achieved by making sure you don't go to sleep before your brain shuts you down itself, like watching tv, all the silly flashing stupid commercials, your brain will be working hardcore to decipher and archive this shit long after your done watching, and doing so will make you "feint" instead of "sleep", which should keep dreams away.

Anyway, no idea if it is true or not(My folkschool teachers have proven through the years to've told me all kinds of crap), I didn't dream when I did this though.

This is probably why I rarely remember dreams.

I always go to bed when I pretty much can't keep awake anymore, anyway.

Because I've always been like this.  Even as a toddler, I would throw fits when my parents tried to put me to sleep.  I would keep going and going, always finding something to be thoroughly absorbed in, until I would spontaneously pass out.  Through my teenage years, I would go nights without sleep quite frequently, and two nights in a row without sleep wasn't too uncommon.

Since becoming a parent, I can't do this anymore.  All-nighters are near impossible for me today.  I've burned myself out.  It really does make me sad.

I think I've had a deep awareness from a very early age that there just isn't enough time to do all the things I want to do, and I'm not just talking about big important things.  I want to indulge in all the little things, too.  As a kid, I could be perfectly happy just wandering through the woods all day turning over rocks to see what I would find.  Today, I have an obsessive desire to read every book, play every game, etc to the point that I can't squeeze anymore worth out of them.  It's actually a serious problem, because I have trouble with priorities.  I get really frustrated with having all kinds of important things to do, and never getting to indulge my little explorations of the world, whether real, introspective, or fictional.

I also don't understand how people get bored.  I really don't.  The only times I'm ever bored are when I'm forced to act according to the demands of another... which really amounts to a lot... but most people seem the opposite -- they're bored when left to their own devices and can't figure out what to do with themselves.  This is so completely alien to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33383 on: July 22, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »

I also don't understand how people get bored.  I really don't.  The only times I'm ever bored are when I'm forced to act according to the demands of another... which really amounts to a lot... but most people seem the opposite -- they're bored when left to their own devices and can't figure out what to do with themselves.  This is so completely alien to me.

When you dont have any obligations to others for long periods of time people tend to develop rhythems and patterns and schedules. They are usually based around whatever random stuff they find entertaining one day and easy to access. After a while you become attached enough to the pattern that doing other things is difficult. This is how one gets bored when left to their own devices. You need to do stuff for others to make you think about what you want to do. I imagine having a kid is the ultimate insperation in this respect.
 Then there are the productive bastards who develop schedules that are productive. Grrrr I hate those lucky guys.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33384 on: July 22, 2011, 04:48:09 pm »

I've also always had a strong aversion to schedules and patterns in my lifestyle.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33385 on: July 22, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »

Its sort of a weird mix of schedules and not caring about schedules though. If you set one up it can be very powerful. The ones that people set up though are based on any old random unproductive thing, so it doesnt work out. Its a very unconcious thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #33386 on: July 22, 2011, 04:56:15 pm »

I was supposed to go play airsoft tomorrow. But I feel sick and don't think I can make the drive.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33387 on: July 22, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »

I don't get bored and my solution is to always have an objective list.  What do you want to accomplish?  That's all it takes for me.

EDIT:
Also since is the sad thread I should mention I am having terrible trouble sleeping.  Last night I laid in bed for hoooooooours before falling asleep for half as long as I wanted to.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:59:36 pm by ToonyMan »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33388 on: July 22, 2011, 05:08:22 pm »

Ive been sleeping badly the whole week. And underperforming asna result. (In partixular I have been under the "everything seems a copy of a copy of a copy" effect all week
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33389 on: July 22, 2011, 05:11:14 pm »

I have an obsessive desire to read every book, play every game, etc to the point that I can't squeeze anymore worth out of them.
Oh gog this is me.  Kill a series, move on, kill a series, move on, kill a series, move on.
Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 [2226] 2227 2228 ... 8167