Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 [2222] 2223 2224 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451252 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33315 on: July 21, 2011, 12:49:20 pm »

This will be my last Iji post.  Apparently Ansaksie doesn't give you what you need to skip Asha.  You have to make one, which requires 10Ta/10Ko/10Cr.  I don't have any of that but Crack because I'm a pacifist.  I haven't seen any of the requisite guns lying around and I'm not sure if I can even make one if I'm at level 9 and don't have either of them.

Fuck it, I'm done.  Even Cave Story's super secret ending was more intuitive than this.
Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33316 on: July 21, 2011, 01:00:16 pm »

If you weren't going for the Nuke from the get-go (pacifist or not) you're doing it wrong anyway.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #33317 on: July 21, 2011, 01:14:21 pm »

Yeah, I just figured out that apparently the nuke is how you get all those secret areas.  Up until now I figured Remar was just a jackass and all the secrets required some special bullshit game mode.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33318 on: July 21, 2011, 01:18:37 pm »

The nuke doesn't work on the reactor, you need the Velocithor actually .P The reactor is specially made to not react to the nuke weapon.

And really, pacifist mode like in most games is kinda a challenge mode. Most people playing the game for the first time just kill things and play around with the weapons anyway so the chances of not understanding you'll need the Velocithor at that point of the game are so low that you'd have to be TRYING to not get it to fail there.

And no. All the fun stuff is unlocked through silly jumps or bouncing yourself around with explosions or by doing stuff anyone can really do with practice. He decided apparently that doing the super hard stuff to unlock cool things means less than half the fanbase can't use them so...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33319 on: July 21, 2011, 01:25:07 pm »

Yeah, I just figured out that apparently the nuke is how you get all those secret areas.  Up until now I figured Remar was just a jackass and all the secrets required some special bullshit game mode.
special bullshit game mode, you say?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33320 on: July 21, 2011, 03:14:12 pm »

Had another syncope that managed to knock me unconscious, but at least this time I apparently managed to prevent myself from falling completely, as I reawakened being held up by my hands instead of faceplanted in a corner, like last time. It also would appear that I caught the lightswitch while falling, as the lights were off when I regained consciousness. This was all surprisingly exhausting for something that took 20 seconds at the most.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33321 on: July 21, 2011, 03:22:33 pm »

MSH I feel your pain. I used to get what you describe on a fairly regular basis. The worst time I came round to find hair on a door knob where some must have got caught on the way down. My doctor said it was common for my age and due to the massive growth spurts I was having. It always made me feel like I was retreating into my body or being wrapped in something; Everything sounded and felt far away and distorted.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33322 on: July 21, 2011, 03:45:46 pm »

Being in the same room with some awesome people and yet too shy to talk to them.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33323 on: July 21, 2011, 03:50:48 pm »

Random bouts of sadness been happening a lot lately.
OFF WITH YE FOUL DEMONS.
* Banishes the demons with happy musics.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33324 on: July 21, 2011, 04:42:20 pm »

So I just found out that the free version of FRAPS only records video for thirty seconds at a time.

Looks like that LP is going to have to wait.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33325 on: July 21, 2011, 05:04:20 pm »

My roommate's lending me the entire series of Harry Potter so that I can reread it, and I also have copies of both seasons of GitS to watch.  Mafia's also being great fun right now.

Went out to lunch, too, which was great.  So I'll spend a little time having fun, and then German and Russian and Rhetoric.

EDIT: AHHHH WRONG TOPIC NUUU
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:05:57 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33326 on: July 21, 2011, 05:05:04 pm »

Err... Vector? Did... You post in the wrong topic?

We have a misplaced pastry! D.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33327 on: July 21, 2011, 05:05:51 pm »

That sounds like a good name for a band.
Misplaced Pastry
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33328 on: July 21, 2011, 05:06:32 pm »

You're right, it does.

Emergency systems engaged!  Jetsetting to Happy Thread!  Ready... LAUNCH!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33329 on: July 21, 2011, 05:08:13 pm »

Launch? More like... LUNCH.

* Janet steals all the pastry's. That's 40 pies. That's 4 tens and that's terrible.
Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 [2222] 2223 2224 ... 8167