Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2201 2202 [2203] 2204 2205 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461743 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33030 on: July 16, 2011, 05:28:57 pm »

So, if converted to real life sentences, he helped a prison break, thne walked up to an officer, spat in his eye, punched him in the gut, and ran off.
That's not what happened. You probably shouldn't take such an inflammatory stance on that, as there's a bit of a divide over whether he should have been banned at all.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33031 on: July 16, 2011, 05:33:33 pm »

I don't even know what I'm doing here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33032 on: July 16, 2011, 06:04:10 pm »

No.  That is not who I am.  I am a different person.

Vector has bigger fish to fry!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 07:08:30 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33033 on: July 16, 2011, 07:19:10 pm »

So, today I got accused of ignoring people when I, you know. Can't talk?

I can't make time for you guys if you won't make time for me. I can't just blab off like you guys can and just do everything so reflexively. You need to GIVE ME TIME and none of you will have that. And I'm still sad over it since I just don't know if they're somehow right and it makes it feel like my fault for being disabled.

... I can't believe I'm actually considering trying to move out of here over this...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33034 on: July 16, 2011, 07:29:01 pm »

Don't worry Janet I won't make you talk.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33035 on: July 16, 2011, 07:30:18 pm »

So, today I got accused of ignoring people when I, you know. Can't talk?

I can't make time for you guys if you won't make time for me. I can't just blab off like you guys can and just do everything so reflexively. You need to GIVE ME TIME and none of you will have that.

Hurgh, this. Hate it when people do that. Fuck, I've been the person doing that, and at least in my experience it's just a passive-aggressive attention grab. Hooray for guilt trips, right? Although, hell, I don't even have the problems you do. So my experience in being on the receiving end really isn't close, I imagine. It might not even be the same problem, really, but you don't have to feel like you're inherently a worse person.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33036 on: July 16, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »

Ugh,, fucking feel like absolute crap now
*Hugs*

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33037 on: July 16, 2011, 07:31:02 pm »

If it's that much of a problem, you'd best leave. It'll probably help you immensely. I'm facing a similar situation and I think removing myself from it entirely is the best option.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33038 on: July 16, 2011, 07:33:27 pm »

I seriously am considering just going to make a point. But that has some problems. Fist off being, I'd be without methods to buy my medications. And if I really was on my own I think I'd go crazy. I'm not used to being alone anymore. And even then, it's not everyone doing it so I'd be punishing the members of my little family that are innocent too.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33039 on: July 16, 2011, 07:39:09 pm »

There's no easy answers and I'm not actually in a position to offer any good advice, so I just hope it works out.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33040 on: July 16, 2011, 07:43:39 pm »

You might just be going through a rough period with them, it happens in long-term relationships. Leaving is a fairly drastic measure, not that it isn't always unwarranted, but if you decide to do that make sure that you don't have any chance at all of working through these things with your family first.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33041 on: July 16, 2011, 07:45:33 pm »

Yeah. I'm thinking I'm gonna try and show them it's not easy as they think it is for me and see if that works towards fixing it. If not I'm just going to go find work somewhere, save up for a cheap apartment and take my daughter and go. Because being disabled in this way isn't at all as easy to deal with as most people think. Since it entirely hinges on others being willing to deal with you.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33042 on: July 16, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »

Nightmares.. bleh, wish I could go curl up and die somewhere
*Hugs*

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33043 on: July 16, 2011, 08:26:39 pm »

Yeah. I'm thinking I'm gonna try and show them it's not easy as they think it is for me and see if that works towards fixing it. If not I'm just going to go find work somewhere, save up for a cheap apartment and take my daughter and go. Because being disabled in this way isn't at all as easy to deal with as most people think. Since it entirely hinges on others being willing to deal with you.
What exactly happened? I seem to have missed that entry.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles anyhow, though.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33044 on: July 16, 2011, 08:33:08 pm »

I'm at least attempting to fix some of the "Behavioral" problems they brought up while also trying to show them not being able to speak isn't just a silly quirk. First off I need to reset my sleep schedule since I've been oversleeping. Then I need to be more ready to remove myself from situations and less stationary. And last I need to attempt to reach out to them in my own way to prove to them, I'm the one being ignored. Not them.
Pages: 1 ... 2201 2202 [2203] 2204 2205 ... 8167