Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2200 2201 [2202] 2203 2204 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9460271 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33015 on: July 16, 2011, 02:51:15 pm »

Huh, another ban.
Well, people got banned for less here...

Not sad for that guy specifically, but some others, which this incident reminded me of.

Huh?  ???
Who got banned?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33016 on: July 16, 2011, 02:52:57 pm »

Huh, another ban.
Well, people got banned for less here...

Not sad for that guy specifically, but some others, which this incident reminded me of.

Huh?  ???
Who got banned?

Captain Mayday,Makrond,Retro       April 19, 2011       Ban       Assisting ban dodge, flouting moderation

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33017 on: July 16, 2011, 03:17:31 pm »

Wow.  Had no idea.  I thought he was sort of a pillar of the community?  Made one of the most popular tilesets, and wrote probably the second most famous LP...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33018 on: July 16, 2011, 03:20:24 pm »

Wow.  Had no idea.  I thought he was sort of a pillar of the community?  Made one of the most popular tilesets, and wrote probably the second most famous LP...
Tileset is Mike Mayday, not Cap'n.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33019 on: July 16, 2011, 03:20:47 pm »

So, if converted to real life sentences, he helped a prison break, thne walked up to an officer, spat in his eye, punched him in the gut, and ran off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33020 on: July 16, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »

So, if converted to real life sentences, he helped a prison break, thne walked up to an officer, spat in his eye, punched him in the gut, and ran off.

And then started his own prison, which he abandoned because he couldn't find enough prisoners.
No, wait, that doesn't work.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33021 on: July 16, 2011, 03:22:39 pm »

Tileset is Mike Mayday, not Cap'n.

Wow.  Didn't know there were two Maydays.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #33022 on: July 16, 2011, 03:30:22 pm »

Way off and really silly.

And then started his own prison, which he abandoned because he couldn't find enough prisoners.

You're quite right, it doesn't work.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33023 on: July 16, 2011, 03:31:08 pm »

Well if we're equating being banned to being inside prison, it'd be more like starting your own free society inside prison.  Or something.

Banishment would probably work better.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33024 on: July 16, 2011, 03:51:01 pm »

So, today, there are two graduation parties I'm invited to. I'd actually forgotten about them, so the first one is already halfway done. Normally, I'd probably attend, but there are two problems: I don't think anybody around my age is there and I actually broke up recently with the hostess. Now, the break-up was completely mutual, but there's still a bit of awkwardness around it. So I figured, I probably shouldn't go, so I'm not going. I'm completely fine with this decision, actually.

However, there's a second graduation party that probably has a close friend or two attending, so I kind of want to go to it, but there's a lot of people I don't know there and it's a slightly larger party. This party is also already started. Now, this party goes until a lot later than the first, so I still have plenty of time to attend. However, here's the catch: I've actually been invited to quite a few parties, but I kind of...didn't attend, because I had a fit of anti-sociability for the first month of summer. So, if I go to this graduation party, it seems like I'm favoring some friends over the others. (I'm really not. I actually just prefer to be around one or two close friends) Not to mention this party runs around the exact same time as the first, and the host of this party also happens to be...umm...not friends, to say the least, with the hostess of the first party.

I ended up just deciding to stay home. Again.

TL;DR, I'm invited to two parties. The first one I don't want to attend, but I don't want to make it seem like I favor one person or another, so I'm not attending the second.
Also often called Boowells.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #33025 on: July 16, 2011, 03:59:20 pm »

Well if we're equating being banned to being inside prison, it'd be more like starting your own free society inside prison.  Or something.

Banishment would probably work better.
I BANISH THEE FROM THIS FORUM, TIL' YE CAN BE TRUSTED TO RETURN. LEAVE, FORM THY OWN FORUM, AND LET US BE DONE WI' YE.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33026 on: July 16, 2011, 03:59:33 pm »

TL;DR, I'm invited to two parties. The first one I don't want to attend, but I don't want to make it seem like I favor one person or another, so I'm not attending the second.

Worrying too hard will paralyze you. I know this well.

Go to the second party, if it's what your instincts say you want to do. It's very easy to help friends understand what's up, but it's impossible to get an experience like that back once it passes.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33027 on: July 16, 2011, 04:00:26 pm »

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:29:09 pm by noah22223 »
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33028 on: July 16, 2011, 04:18:19 pm »

I know JUST how to cheer you up!

Link Fixed. 8-bit Moscau + Classic Game Meme + MLP. I love it.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33029 on: July 16, 2011, 04:31:02 pm »

I know JUST how to cheer you up!

Link Fixed. 8-bit Moscau + Classic Game Meme + MLP. I love it.
Fixed the post. Thanks for pointing that out.
Goddammit.
Pages: 1 ... 2200 2201 [2202] 2203 2204 ... 8167