Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2198 2199 [2200] 2201 2202 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9458483 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32985 on: July 15, 2011, 11:14:25 pm »

Bleh. I'm a moron.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32986 on: July 15, 2011, 11:15:57 pm »

Please don't... It's too much that another genuinely good person to suddenly vanish from the world...

Nah, I'll just spend a while pretending I'm a box.

Whoo I'm Solid Snake the chef whooo

. . .

I don't even know, man.  I'm pretty tired today.

*gives something nice to replace dying in curling up, such as a book or a cat, or whatever else would bring Vector comfort*

Okay, man, that one kind of got away from me there. But, still, good luck.

... Yeah!  I am thinking about cats now.  This is much better, and thank you!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #32987 on: July 15, 2011, 11:17:59 pm »

Cats are very comforting creatures
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32988 on: July 15, 2011, 11:20:23 pm »

a friend has decided that his favourite thing to say is now "meat-yoghurt". damn the person who invented that idea.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32989 on: July 15, 2011, 11:23:24 pm »

Cats are very comforting creatures

To be more specific, I am currently thinking about my dream of getting a cat and naming it after my favorite professor, so he will always be with me.  And I will get another cat and name it Abraham Van Helsing or something like that.  And then I will name my plants Crudmuffin and Edgar.  They will be a tea rose and a cactus, respectively.

This only leaves the constant fear of saying "Professor, you're such a bad cat!  Now come over here so I can rub your tummy" in class :I

a friend has decided that his favourite thing to say is now "meat-yoghurt". damn the person who invented that idea.

... Uh, can you explain this?  I just... why would you even think of that?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32990 on: July 15, 2011, 11:25:18 pm »

... Uh, can you explain this?  I just... why would you even think of that?

my words to him exactly.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #32991 on: July 15, 2011, 11:26:58 pm »

This only leaves the constant fear of saying "Professor, you're such a bad cat!  Now come over here so I can rub your tummy" in class :I

This... I wanna... Uhh....

Dammit!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #32992 on: July 15, 2011, 11:27:10 pm »

Sounds like you should wait until you're done with that class to do this.

My cats were incredibly valuable to me through my isolated/bullied years.  Alas.  My wife is allergic.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32993 on: July 15, 2011, 11:27:51 pm »

This... I wanna... Uhh....

Dammit!

Go for it XD

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #32994 on: July 15, 2011, 11:29:26 pm »

I did already. Now it's likely preserved for 2 weeks to a month .P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32995 on: July 15, 2011, 11:30:53 pm »

I did already. Now it's likely preserved for 2 weeks to a month .P

Oh, lordy.  But hey, it's an honor to be in your sig!  I've always hoped I'd end up in there one day X3

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #32996 on: July 15, 2011, 11:35:13 pm »

Oh wow. Heh. Not sure what to say~

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32997 on: July 15, 2011, 11:41:15 pm »

My Dad is damn crazy.  He picks me up at quite late and then insists we go night-time fishing until 2am.  So I'm like, okay, that sounds crazy but okay I'll do it I guess.  Then we go out with his truck and set out on the boat at around 12:00am.  At 12:10am a car pulls down and flashes us, my Dad flashback with our flashlight.  Then they turn their cop lights on, busted.  Apparently it's illegal to go fishing at night.  The gate was open however that doesn't matter of course, my Dad's truck is totally illegal in every possible way, the door doesn't even shut on his side.  Anyway, since my Dad didn't have his license on him the cop followed us home since it wasn't that far away.  In the end my Dad gets off with a $90 trespassing ticket.  He is so damn lucky.

Now, I see him coming down with a crossbow he bought off the internet and he wants me to help him assemble it, my gog.

Maybe this shouldn't be in the sad thread, but our fishing trip was going to be awesome.  :\

Oh, and apparently the lake we go on is actually floating over an underwater village.  A dam project flooded the whole place a long time ago.  The lake is very very deep and my Dad says you can even see the top of a bridge when the lake is very shallow, man.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:43:07 pm by ToonyMan »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32998 on: July 15, 2011, 11:42:33 pm »

Urgh.. feeling sick
*Hugs*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #32999 on: July 15, 2011, 11:54:23 pm »

Toonyman's dad sounds like fun, if frightening

The amount of paper wasted daily by my "paper free" workplace makes me sad.  Just now, I had to print out a 20 page document, just so I could number some items on it and place it in a bin to be later scanned back into digital form, at which point the printed document will be trashed.  So fucking wasteful.  This place just throws away thousands of sheets a day on petty bullshit.  I'm sure this would be incredibly unnecessary if we'd just upgrade to software that isn't 15 years old.  I'd be surprised if the ability to make notes on a document electronically isn't quite standard for this kind of thing today.  You'd think a multi-billion dollar corporation would be capable of that.  They don't even have any paper recycling here.  We're forced to just throw it away.  They REFUSE to recycle paper.

I got sick of it one day about 3 years ago, and decided to just start saving scrap instead of throwing it away.  I thought I'd find SOME use for it.  Anything.  It took only two weeks to fill my desk drawer up halfway with scrap sheets of paper, that I've been using for note-taking, paper airplanes, doodling, or whatever else I can think of for three years now... and I've barely made a dent in it.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 2198 2199 [2200] 2201 2202 ... 8167