Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2197 2198 [2199] 2200 2201 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9458724 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32970 on: July 15, 2011, 06:09:00 pm »

Probably going to have to kill my dog soon. Only reason she's still alive, I think, is that she's too stupid to know she's supposed to. Better than the cat, though. She's getting by on pure mean these days.
You have my sympathy. Just last year the family dog had to get put down and it's not easy neither watching them suffer or helping them out of that.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32971 on: July 15, 2011, 07:00:54 pm »

Grah. Why am I sitting around bored trying to find some way to kill time. This is not a fun way to spend my life. Imma gonna go watch some lectures, I suppose, and see if learning stuff helps.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32972 on: July 15, 2011, 07:03:02 pm »

Be more gentle with your time.  Don't kill time.  Spend time with it and become friends.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32973 on: July 15, 2011, 07:12:04 pm »

Got a message at 9 PM, if I didn't want to go out with a friends, that I haven't seen in a year.
I may have even gone, if they let me know beforehand. I could have gone, if I really wanted to, but I'm really uncomfortable with such spontanious events, where I only get insufficient data and can't prepare.

Oh well and I spotted that message at 2 am, but I would have declined anyway.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32974 on: July 15, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »

I think it's one of those moments where one goes "oh my god, all my biggest, darkest secrets are running wild on the internet."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32975 on: July 15, 2011, 07:38:14 pm »

Your secrets are safe with the Bay12 collective.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32976 on: July 15, 2011, 07:56:30 pm »

I quite frankly find this a bit ridiculous. Look at the user count, for instance.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32977 on: July 15, 2011, 08:20:06 pm »

For now...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #32978 on: July 15, 2011, 08:55:29 pm »

Sad that I won't be at the meetup
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32979 on: July 15, 2011, 09:36:49 pm »

Went to a meeting of a local group of trans people, talked to some people, heard their stories (none horrible, apart from one involving bicycle accidents. But that's unimportant.)

I'm so scared, I have no idea how far I want to go with this, but I know I don't feel right the way I am.

Also, one of my favourite bands comes to London on october 29th, but I can't find any more info about this anywhere. The previous dates are links to events, but it stops at London. Really want to go see them, but they're not making it easy.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32980 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:56 pm »

You'll be okay.  Just keep with it.  I believe in you =)

My mother tells me that if I had better social skills, she'd stop comparing me to my abusers.  Uh, all three of them.  It's just a mistake anyone can make, and if I just fixed my argumentativeness, why THEN she'd be better at listening to me, and THEN it'd be all gone.  Bad Vector.  Hope she didn't hear me hitting myself in the face.  I didn't notice myself starting, but I did manage to stop pretty fast.

I kind of want to curl up and die right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32981 on: July 15, 2011, 10:28:41 pm »

I'm trying to set up Windows and there are things Linux can do that it can't do and its kinda bothering me right now. D:

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32982 on: July 15, 2011, 10:34:05 pm »

*gives something nice to replace dying in curling up, such as a book or a cat, or whatever else would bring Vector comfort*

Okay, man, that one kind of got away from me there. But, still, good luck.

I'm trying to set up Windows and there are things Linux can do that it can't do and its kinda bothering me right now. D:

This is true, and annoying. And my major frustrations with the change are purely cosmetic, too. I barely even venture into the actually useful capabilities, which I imagine are more important here. Only reason I typically use Windows is because fiddling around with Ubuntu caused some glitch where it crashes upon login, which is rather problematic. Haven't had time since spring to fix it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32983 on: July 15, 2011, 10:35:29 pm »

True is this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32984 on: July 15, 2011, 11:13:10 pm »

Please don't... It's too much that another genuinely good person to suddenly vanish from the world...
Pages: 1 ... 2197 2198 [2199] 2200 2201 ... 8167