Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2193 2194 [2195] 2196 2197 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454226 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32910 on: July 15, 2011, 12:15:43 am »

After apparantly being uninfected for a few weeks, maybe even months, my toe is infected again... Urggh.
That is going to kill you if you don't see a doctor. "Why does it keep coming back?" It doesn't. It's been there the whole damn time. It's why you've been feeling like shit for the past few weeks. When the shit stops for a little bit, it's not because it is "getting better", it's because it's effecting you in cycles, but still there. And keeps getting worse.
Doctor. See one. Let them know you've been plenty sick and it's probably this infection.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32911 on: July 15, 2011, 12:20:34 am »

Goddamnit, AoD. did we not stress seeing a doctor enough in the rage thread?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32912 on: July 15, 2011, 12:23:23 am »

Iceball is right. With the things you've been telling us, I see two possibilities:

1. You have a persistent full-body infection that your immune system is only able to suppress, not eliminate.

2. Your immune system is slowly dying and every pathogenic microbe under the sun is trying to take a bite out of you now that you're unprotected.   

Either way, you will, not might, will eventually die if you don't seek medical attention. Do you want that to happen?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #32913 on: July 15, 2011, 12:24:36 am »

After apparantly being uninfected for a few weeks, maybe even months, my toe is infected again... Urggh.
That is going to kill you if you don't see a doctor. "Why does it keep coming back?" It doesn't. It's been there the whole damn time. It's why you've been feeling like shit for the past few weeks. When the shit stops for a little bit, it's not because it is "getting better", it's because it's effecting you in cycles, but still there. And keeps getting worse.
Doctor. See one. Let them know you've been plenty sick and it's probably this infection.
This. There are plenty of diseases and infections which do have that sort of changing/diminishing of symptoms; one example is an STD (syphilis I think, though I may be wrong on that) which has something like 4 stages. The first 2 have rashes and otherwise visible effects, while the third the patient appears to get better. The fourth stage is when they more or less suddenly drop dead.

And yeah, as MSH said, such things can be the result of the immune system be slowly destroyed, and if left untreated, can easily result in death.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:26:07 am by alway »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32914 on: July 15, 2011, 12:25:26 am »

Sudden jolt again when I realized that I don't look like a guy.  Oh, lordy... gonna be one of those days.
Hell, I don't see anything when I look at mirrors. It really weirds me out sometimes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32915 on: July 15, 2011, 12:32:37 am »

Sudden jolt again when I realized that I don't look like a guy.  Oh, lordy... gonna be one of those days.
Hell, I don't see anything when I look at mirrors. It really weirds me out sometimes.
Everytime i look at the mirror i see some damn self-inflicted scars i wish i can get rid off, too bad my body is considered weak for healing properly.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32916 on: July 15, 2011, 12:35:34 am »

Everytime i look at the mirror i see some damn self-inflicted scars i wish i can get rid off, too bad my body is considered weak for healing properly.
Oh, I can take care of those.
*headshoots*
But seriously, why the fuck do you have self-inflicted scars?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32917 on: July 15, 2011, 12:38:41 am »

Oh, I can take care of those.
*headshoots*
But seriously, why the fuck do you have self-inflicted scars?
That's a great fucking question best left unanswered.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32918 on: July 15, 2011, 12:39:45 am »

Dunno about him, but half of my scars are from psychotic breaks and the other half are from when I was really, really self-loathing.
I have a different reason for not looking in mirrors, though.
I like my scars.
I hate mirrors.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32919 on: July 15, 2011, 01:03:33 am »

Mirrors induce paranoia in me should I think something scary while looking at one. Of course, now that this has happened multiple times mirrors also tend to induce scary thoughts. If that doesn't happen they don't bother me, though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32920 on: July 15, 2011, 02:06:55 am »

Mirrors induce paranoia in me should I think something scary while looking at one. Of course, now that this has happened multiple times mirrors also tend to induce scary thoughts. If that doesn't happen they don't bother me, though.
"Can't look at mirror...vampires will get me..."

Seriously, though, mirrors have something eerie about them. Possibly because sometimes I look at the mirror and start to think if the reflection is really me.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #32921 on: July 15, 2011, 02:13:56 am »

There's a reason mirrors and reflective surfaces are seen as magic and such in folk traditions from all over the place. Especially since the notion of light traveling and reflection didn't actually exist. How does a thing show that which is in front of it? Magic of course. Also because our imaginations in such situations can get us to weird places. "What I see in the mirror is what is in front of it... but what if I saw something in the mirror which wasn't in front of it?" Such a notion is silly when knowledge of how it actually works is applied, but with the rudimentary understanding of what it does, but not how it does it, something else appearing in the mirror is not entirely out of the question. This carries over to modern life, as the brain doesn't automatically think 'photons which bounced off my atoms then hit the mirror's atoms and bounced off those are reaching my eyes.'

Then again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGTkzyoOpNs
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:41:59 am by alway »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32922 on: July 15, 2011, 02:30:06 am »

Sheesh. They're expecting me to summarize my language skills... using multiple choice. Which not only fails to differentiate between the different categories of language (for instance, listening and reading would be a C2 in English, which would mean no difficulty understanding the language whatsoever, but writing would net me a B1 because I don't qualify for B2... "I can present clear, detailed descriptions on a wide range of subjects related to my field of interest. I can explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options." Yeah no I can't do that.), it also fails to even understand simple causation (no, I cannot write a personal letter, not even a simple one. But not because I don't know English. Fuck you.).

Sod this I'm just gonna check C2 on anything except French and have it be done with.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32923 on: July 15, 2011, 03:01:14 am »

That is going to kill you if you don't see a doctor.

I am aware. I've seen a doctor 3 times for my toe. I'll see a doctor tommorow, hopefully.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32924 on: July 15, 2011, 04:19:51 am »

Two bluescreens in 15 minutes, and now LoL won't start :I

Now WoT isn't working too, motherfucker, i really hate this computer sometimes and i think it's mutual.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:41:14 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 2193 2194 [2195] 2196 2197 ... 8167