Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2189 2190 [2191] 2192 2193 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451785 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32850 on: July 13, 2011, 03:04:03 pm »

Hitting a 90mph fastball in this baseball game is harder than hitting an actual 90mph fastball.  I know of no humans with the reflexes required to do well in this game.
Shoes...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32851 on: July 13, 2011, 03:04:29 pm »

Nah, my father thought it was a wise idea to transfer all my money from my bank account to my savings book, since I was supposed to get my last paycheck from civilian service soon afterwards.
Well, it never came and now I'm in the reds. And Steam suspended my account until I handle this with Click&Buy. So annoying.
Never again giving in and buying games for my little brother.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32852 on: July 13, 2011, 03:06:32 pm »

Hitting a 90mph fastball in this baseball game is harder than hitting an actual 90mph fastball.  I know of no humans with the reflexes required to do well in this game.

I must teach you the ways of sports. If I can ever get 2k11 working on my damned computer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32853 on: July 13, 2011, 03:08:18 pm »

You must, because I am horrible at this.

I've made it on base one time.  I'm decent at pitching, although the coach decided to leave me in all the way up to the eighth inning on my second game so I didn't have enough stamina for that kind of shit.  Overthrow, triple homer, lost the game
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32854 on: July 13, 2011, 03:23:37 pm »

You must, because I am horrible at this.

I've made it on base one time.  I'm decent at pitching, although the coach decided to leave me in all the way up to the eighth inning on my second game so I didn't have enough stamina for that kind of shit.  Overthrow, triple homer, lost the game

The easiest way to time pitch to plate time when batting is by taking a fairly deep breath. Start exhaling at the beginning of the windup, and by the time you're almost done, swing. Or start your swing about a 1/2 second before you think you're supposed to. After you start making contact a little more often (remember that 1 out of 4 is perfectly acceptable,) start your swing a touch earlier than you have been, so you can take advantage of the "strong" side of the field more often.

Also, if I understand you correctly, you're a pitcher. Most pitchers suck at batting, and that's okay. If there's anyone on base, try to bunt the ball down the first base line and let them get you out, so that you can move the runners up. If there's not, just swing away, and if you strike out, don't sweat it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32855 on: July 13, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »

Alright, I'll see about doing that kind of thing.

Also, Prince of Persia Sands of Time's combat sucks.  Like, real bad bro.  Like, I wish you could skip it and move on to the crazy trap-gauntlets because those are the best part of the game.
Shoes...

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #32856 on: July 13, 2011, 04:37:03 pm »

Alright, I'll see about doing that kind of thing.

Also, Prince of Persia Sands of Time's combat sucks.  Like, real bad bro.  Like, I wish you could skip it and move on to the crazy trap-gauntlets because those are the best part of the game.
Yes it does, and yes I do. But it's worth it for the tower section near the end. Oh god I love that section.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32857 on: July 13, 2011, 04:40:58 pm »

I've been whining to myself about petty disturbances in my life for the past hour or so. I swear, sometimes I can't stand my complaints about things. It's just so pathetic and I can't stop thinking about it. My life is fine, yet I constantly catch myself thinking about it as horrible. All a very depressing cycle of pointless complaints.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32858 on: July 13, 2011, 05:50:08 pm »

all my nightmares are just madlibs of the same theme.

I need to get from point A to point B, via flight. My maneuverability is shit, and there's electric wires in the way.

I get the same damn thing all the damn time, just with the details changed.

usually I'm just flying under my own power, but once I was in a biplane. all the other details change similarly.
eerie on how that resembles my own dreams, only i'm usually awesomely successful

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32859 on: July 13, 2011, 06:11:29 pm »

You people and your dreams...
Wish I was aware of mine, if I even have some.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32860 on: July 13, 2011, 06:22:22 pm »

You people and your dreams...
Wish I was aware of mine, if I even have some.

Lucid dreaming, ftw.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32861 on: July 13, 2011, 06:23:54 pm »

I only have daydreams :V

Oh well.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #32862 on: July 13, 2011, 06:43:57 pm »

I don't think my dreams are really dreams, when I start to wake up, it's as if theres a dream going on, and I'll consciously decide not to wake up, not to miss the "adventure" no matter how sad or terrfying and the really weird thing is I feel a sort of control all the way through. They end when I can't stay "asleep" anymore. It's a sort of day-dream I guess, but it's really livid sometimes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32863 on: July 13, 2011, 10:45:09 pm »

Coming off the high of finishing two amazing works yesterday.  Today has been spent just sitting around doing homework, cleaning, cooking.

It's all been really important stuff, but I wish I could say "ah-ha, I did all this work and got myself ahead!"  Instead, I'm just not-so-behind.  I have to work at least another four hours tonight before I can go to sleep, have nightmares, wake up, and get back to work.

Need to find something to read and be really excited about.  I don't know that Baudolino or Cathedral will do it, but since those are what I'm reading right now, I guess I'll just go ahead with that.

Somehow it feels like, every time I finish reading something good, the rest of the universe is diminished in its brightness and I will never seen anything so beautiful again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32864 on: July 13, 2011, 11:00:14 pm »

Somehow it feels like, every time I finish reading something good, the rest of the universe is diminished in its brightness and I will never seen anything so beautiful again.

True. I can never read Dune again with the same awe as before I had read Dune  :P
Pages: 1 ... 2189 2190 [2191] 2192 2193 ... 8167