Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2184 2185 [2186] 2187 2188 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456044 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32775 on: July 12, 2011, 12:01:06 am »

I did some good stuff today--watched anime, ate some good food with lots of vegetables, caught up on my mafia game, read a novel, but I'm still ...

I feel like a failure, and I think I really need to go talk to someone or something.  This is just... I just can't do this any more.  I can't.

I'm sorry to admit it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32776 on: July 12, 2011, 12:08:35 am »

Don't be sorry to admit when you are stressed out.
Do they have those free phone helplines for depression and related issues where you are? When you need to talk to somebody, they can be life savers. We have lifeline here, and they offer free counselling, I'm not sure what services are there for the US of A.
Or, if such an option is either unappealing or unavailable, you have us. You know us. You can talk to us. Although I can't say that we are trained for this, I can say that we are all human, and often that is enough.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32777 on: July 12, 2011, 12:59:30 am »

We do, but I don't want to.  I don't need it that badly.  They can talk to someone who needs it a lot more than me.

Maybe I'll say something some other time.

Today, I suspect I'm too fucked up by the new student in the class, new teacher, and... and, mostly, the fact that we're not sitting in the same desk configuration anymore.

This is one of the reasons why I hate myself at times.  It's something so small and so stupid.  I'm not fit to be around people because my brain fucks with me when geometric patterns are altered.  Little things.  Who can stand to be around someone like that, so easily disturbed, so coldly serene about the things that "matter?"

I also got another email from guess-who.  Shaken.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32778 on: July 12, 2011, 01:10:50 am »

Because being dismissive of things that are upsetting you is a great way to solve problems.
Now I'm a huge advocate of the idea that if somebody doesn't want to talk about something, then forcing it out of them just so you can get a self righteous feeling of helping despite not know what you are doing is a dumb thing to do. However if you want to talk, even a little, then don't try and justify not addressing the issue. Just do what you need to, and don't second guess.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32779 on: July 12, 2011, 01:18:12 am »

Vector, I know that it's of little consolation and consequence (especially coming from a half-wit neanderthal like myself,) but here, you have respect. I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly would want to hang around someone such as yourself. You're intelligent, witty, and have razor sharp deductive skills. Anyone who cannot appreciate the drive, talent, tenacious nature and passion that you display could not possibly understand what it means to see a beautiful human being. Sure, none of us are perfect, but there is a driving force for change in humanity toward the greater betterment among us, and I for one, am proud to know such a person (with as limited a contact as I could possibly know you over the internet, mind you.) I'm not trying to put you on a pedestal here, I understand that you're human, just like everyone else, but at the same time I would like you to know that there are people out there that admire you, that think you're beautiful and majestic just the way you are.

Anyone who doesn't? Well...they're the ones missing out, aren't they? (I would normally say, "Fuck 'em", but that doesn't really seem to fit your style.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32780 on: July 12, 2011, 01:30:58 am »

I've been trying to think of comforting words, but MaximumZero took all the cool shit, so I'll just back him up. Vector, you are pretty damn awesome. This may sound weird, but you are sort of a role model to me. I built my ego around being smarter than other people in a belittling way, and I'm trying to change that because you show how to be an intellectual in an encouraging way. You teach people, constantly, and give more damns and try harder than anyone else I know. You smash prejudice in the head and stay humble. You deserve happiness more than all the people I know who are happy, and I hope you get a metric boat-load of it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32781 on: July 12, 2011, 02:30:13 am »

Ditto what they said, Vector, based on what I've read on these forums you seem like a pretty cool person.

My personal sad thing:

My pet rabbit passed away a couple of hours ago. I had him for just over 6 years. I know he had a relatively good life. But I still regret I didn't do more for him. As much as a pain in the ass he was, he was cute, and had his own personality and was definitely smarter than he let on... I'm going to miss that little eating, pooping, shedding ball of fur. If nothing else, he entertained us on occasion. Goodbye, bunny rabbit.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #32782 on: July 12, 2011, 02:44:37 am »

I wholly agree with the previous posts. You're a role model to me as well, for the same reason as you are to sonerohi. I will also add that what seems to define you more than your talent or success is that you actually care. You aren't where you are because of a lust for money, power, bragging rights, or any number of other egocentric reasons; you are there because you actually care about what you are doing; you are there to learn and make the most of your life. Most go though life with little more than a 'meh' and a twiddling of thumbs, doing what they do merely because it is another thing on their checklist of things to be done with.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32784 on: July 12, 2011, 05:17:45 am »

Shit, I read a lot of Web fiction, lots of it in the LGBT genre, and recently a lot websites went down.

Turns out, the guy who was hosting the sites died and his family turned off the server.

Rest in Peace, [name redacted].
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32785 on: July 12, 2011, 05:41:39 am »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32786 on: July 12, 2011, 05:44:41 am »

Shit, I read a lot of Web fiction, lots of it in the LGBT genre, and recently a lot websites went down.

Turns out, the guy who was hosting the sites died and his family turned off the server.

Rest in Peace, [name redacted].

Yes indeed. Rest in peace, [actually very generic name redacted]

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32787 on: July 12, 2011, 06:00:29 am »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:39:25 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32788 on: July 12, 2011, 06:20:36 am »

Yes indeed. Rest in peace, [actually very generic name redacted]

I know Crystal Hall had his name on it, but Joy of Joys it was down by the time I was writing my message, so I went with the name given by the person who hosted her own website but lost her forums.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32789 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:25 am »

Why do I get the feeling that there are references being made to a subculture that I am not part of?
Pages: 1 ... 2184 2185 [2186] 2187 2188 ... 8167