Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2183 2184 [2185] 2186 2187 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455909 times)

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32760 on: July 11, 2011, 03:00:24 pm »

@Red King: google the exact phrase I had in quotes. It's specifically a Dr Who Quote exactly as I had it. I know my classic Dr Who.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Doctor#.22Reverse_the_polarity.22
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:04:37 pm by Reelyanoob »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32761 on: July 11, 2011, 03:16:56 pm »

I despise my new German teacher.  I want the old one back.  This one seems to be doing a PhD in grammar, and... yeah, I hate her.

Also, she's contemptuous of students' mistakes and won't stop laughing at them.  Not in the sexy/adorable "I am a 60-year-old mathematician and I just keep on accidentally crushing you with my brain power" sort of way, in a cruel sort of way.  Grammar nazi is too kind an appellation.  I do not love this woman.  I do not even <3< her.

Also, I was mistaken for the teacher--again.  Then I was mistaken for Amish.  While dressed in bright purple, red, and pink.  I was introduced to the teacher as "the Einstein of our generation" by another one of the students.  She calls on me more than she calls on anyone else.

I hate this shit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32762 on: July 11, 2011, 03:20:49 pm »

Then I was mistaken for Amish.
But....but.....there are no Amish in California! That doesn't make any sense!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32763 on: July 11, 2011, 03:23:24 pm »

Dude was from Maryland, and thought that any woman wearing black boots, a skirt to the ankles, a modestly cut shirt, a shawl, no makeup, and long hair in a braid must be Amish.

Never mind that the skirt was purple silk, the blouse was Chinese, pink, and decorated with rainbow-colored embroidery, and the shawl bright red with black checks.  I can't modify any of the rest of this >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32764 on: July 11, 2011, 03:28:26 pm »

Dude was from Maryland, and thought that any woman wearing black boots, a skirt to the ankles, a modestly cut shirt, a shawl, no makeup, and long hair in a braid must be Amish.

Never mind that the skirt was purple silk, the blouse was Chinese, pink, and decorated with rainbow-colored embroidery, and the shawl bright red with black checks.  I can't modify any of the rest of this >_>
Maryland eh, explains that then, no amish garments in that list i can tell you that. i do business with their communities so i know most of their little culture even got a invitation to join them :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32765 on: July 11, 2011, 03:32:04 pm »

Grammar nazi is too kind an appellation.
A German grammar nazi? That's unpossible!  :P

Also, I was mistaken for the teacher--again.  Then I was mistaken for Amish.  While dressed in bright purple, red, and pink.  I was introduced to the teacher as "the Einstein of our generation" by another one of the students.  She calls on me more than she calls on anyone else.

Man, nobody ever introduced me as "the Einstein of our generation". I couldn't even get "the Pauly Shore of our generation". The Amish bit is amusing though. Were you wearing a bonnet at the time? Also, FYI, most Amish orders believe education should stop after the 8th grade, because by that time, boys should be working the fields, and girls should be keeping house and preparing to be married. You could always screw with people and say you're from an order of ultra-reformed technophile Amish.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32766 on: July 11, 2011, 03:33:51 pm »

Alternatively, you could tell them you're an Amish Hunter, and the clothes are your trophies.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32767 on: July 11, 2011, 04:19:25 pm »

@Red King: google the exact phrase I had in quotes. It's specifically a Dr Who Quote exactly as I had it. I know my classic Dr Who.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Doctor#.22Reverse_the_polarity.22
Tenth also remarks how long it was since he did that the last time.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32768 on: July 11, 2011, 04:37:50 pm »

Fnurgle.

Dear Roommate,

We recently decided that the middle shelf of the fridge would remain mine, the top shelf was yours, and we would share the bottom with a third roommate--as well as putting the occasional pot of food down there or something like that.

You completely filled the top shelf, most of the bottom shelf, and are now putting your food on my shelf.

What the FUCK.

Do I put my overflowing piles of books in your room?  No, I do fucking not, thank you.  How does this even make sense?  I can fit your irritating jar of jam and container of whatever-that-was on your shelf.  The fact that my shelf is largely empty, and also clean, is a happy side effect of the fact that I don't buy more than I can eat or store in the fridge.

Jegus.

if there's something even remotely edible in you shelf... EAT IT
"oh my, it was yours? i thought i had bought it and forgotten about it, since it was on my shelf"

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32769 on: July 11, 2011, 04:38:45 pm »

Why the balls does this company want to know my High School GPA before hiring me? What conceivable impact could a number that hasn't been relevant for 4 years have on my employability.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32770 on: July 11, 2011, 04:40:59 pm »

Well we studied this in a College-related course I did, it's legal coverage if they don't hire you they can point to criteria and how you didn't technically meet it. You cannot sue them then no matter what.

If they discriminate on grounds not covered in a proper hiring / screening process, e.g. anything not "objective" you might just have grounds to sue them for discrimination.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #32771 on: July 11, 2011, 04:56:25 pm »

Or, depending on how generic the form is, it could be there for those no work experience kids who graduated from high school in the spring and are looking for a job with no other indicators of quality.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32772 on: July 11, 2011, 04:59:42 pm »

Urgh.. I was getting changed and saw myself in a mirror, I could probably use my ribcage to store books.
*Hugs*

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32773 on: July 11, 2011, 05:04:39 pm »

During the school year I applied for this academic honors thing, and was going to receive an email about whether or not I was accepted during June. Just today I was strolling through all of my email accounts, having remembered that. I listed my junk email account for it, the account I never check. I was supposed to send a response by June 2nd, I would have been accepted  :'(.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32774 on: July 11, 2011, 08:31:44 pm »

My sister is having problems with money and housing. She could be homeless in a few weeks.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2183 2184 [2185] 2186 2187 ... 8167