Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452464 times)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32625 on: July 08, 2011, 05:14:30 pm »

Be happy you're not studying Finnish. Every noun has 15 singular and 15 plural grammatical cases. If teaching Finnish is anything like teaching English or Swedish around here, I wouldn't want to study it.

Just imagine a word test, where you have to fill in every one of the 30 forms of the word  :o

Sweet Mother MacArthur! What do the Finns do with them all?

Basically we replace all those little words (like to, from, of, etc.) with another form of the word.

For example: "Car" = "Auto", "to car" = "autoon", "from car" = "autosta", etc.

Easy when you are native  :P

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32626 on: July 08, 2011, 05:17:54 pm »

Awww, did I miss the space debate?

Anyways, sad music made me sad today.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32627 on: July 08, 2011, 05:18:25 pm »

Firstly, I know you don't. Namely, it's this:
Because, IQ = Intelligence.

Why is it almost everytime I discuss anything with Americans it comes to these things and this gangbang mentality?

That is you crying victim. I suppose I should've quoted the whole post. Free speech = people not moaning when someone expresses a difference of opinion, which is exactly what you were saying everyone should do with your opinion. No one was ganging up on you, you just happened to an unpopular opinion.

Second, Excuse me for not checking the thread every hour, it hasn't been more than what, two, three, maybe about four hours at most.... Dead? You've decided we can no longer talk about the space issue? Well I've decided I can. Problem?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32628 on: July 08, 2011, 05:19:06 pm »

But the worst thing that I've come to terms with is some self-awareness of wanting to keep these sorrows around. I'll be moping on my bed and realize that this entire charade is completely silly and ridiculous. All my fears and problems are petty little things that I am holding onto in a desperate grab for... I dunno actually. Probably some feeling of inadequacy that would somehow be filled by having problems to show off and be acknowledged.

I don't know how common or not it is, but I understand what you're saying.  Not to be insulting but, it's angst.  You feel genuinely bad and have genuine anxiety about genuine problems in your life, but you feel like it would be petty to consider what are ultimately just a host of small problems to be that big a deal compared to anyone or anything else.  And all I can say is, don't think about it that way.  Your life is your own, and whatever's bothering you in your life is a real problem.  Just because you know that out there in the world are other people dealing with stuff you think is less petty doesn't make yours any less real.

I don't know what the best way is to just bring them up, but friends and real relatives will always acknowledge your problems if you bring them out.  That's what they're there for.

As for the specifics, the stuttering and social anxiety is hard to cure, I know.  I was never bad with stuttering, but I tend to when I'm excited or tired; I just try to be really deliberate when I'm talking, which has the added benefit of making you sound sophisticated and commanding.  The anxiety, well, that's harder.  People I'm familiar with I communicate with easier, so when talking to unfamiliar people, I just remember that they're nowhere near as attentive to me and my inner conversation and panics as they are to their own lives.  You are never as important to a conversation as you think you are.  So once I'm convinced I'm not being judged, I just make a conscious effort at being witty an personable, or just prompt things so someone else can talk for a while, and soon enough there's no awkwardness at all.

Inadequacy... I'm not going to try to get into your head, but if I had to guess, I'd guess that having a brother who's getting married in another country, and father who belittles you as often as it sounds, would make anyone who is on top all that just getting started with the grand mindfuck of college feel very inadequate about their small place in life.  There's nothing wrong or unnatural about feeling that way.  I think that's one of those kinds of problems isn't so much beating you up itself (using a general "you" here), as it is about the fact that it exists when you think it shouldn't beats you up.  And as such, once you stop thinking the feeling shouldn't be there, it'll almost feel like it isn't, because you're not anxious about it.

And everyone has every right to feel distraught over losing a dog, especially a young one to an accident.  My father is a full grown man, and after his dog died a slow death after a full life, just talking about dogs would make him almost inconsolable for more than year.  We wouldn't keep dogs around if we didn't care about them.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32629 on: July 08, 2011, 05:28:57 pm »

The bad streak is going on, after spending some 12 hours in the blistering heat tied to a seat with no AC traveling to do something that takes some 20 minutes of filling out forms i am freaking tired.So i go out with some friends, good friends, the kind i would pretty much do anything for.After i get there i learn that one of them is probably leaving for Germany tommorrow for an unspecified amount of time.Now, i am trying to be happy for her, i really am, but when something like this is told to me hours before it happens (it was uncertain but she knew about it for some two months now) i can't help but feel a little bit betrayed, i mean, if i have no problem sharing stuff i am doing and plan to do no matter how ridicilous it is i could atleast be let in on some stuff, because right now i feel like i am just there as a comic relief, learning about important stuff moments before it happens.
I do realize this seems a bit selfish but damn it i have known these people for some four years now, they could atleast tell me when they are planning to leave for a far away place for god knows how long.

And i have a feeling i won't be sleeping tonight, despite the exhaustion and lack of sleep.

Also fucking Massive attack and Teardrop aren't helping one bit but i can't help but listen to that song for three days straight now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32630 on: July 08, 2011, 09:18:45 pm »

All right.  That's it.  I don't want to be 21 anymore, and I never want to deal with this wankish foolish fangirling ever again.

And I also hate remembering social instructions from other people whispered into my head as I remember back to what they said two years ago, when things were young and they were still willing to explain to the girl "too stupid to learn."

But it's useful.

So I guess I'm still glad for it.

Even if I'm still wondering what the next instruction would have been.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32631 on: July 08, 2011, 09:53:18 pm »

The Velveteen Rabbit.  Saw the movie when I was a kid, such a sad, sad movie.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32632 on: July 08, 2011, 10:40:21 pm »

I've got a massive ulcer in my mouth. Ugh. WHHHYYYY!?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32633 on: July 08, 2011, 10:47:23 pm »

I've got a massive ulcer in my mouth. Ugh. WHHHYYYY!?

because you didnt see a doctor. see what happpens when you don't see doctors?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32634 on: July 08, 2011, 10:55:08 pm »

apparently some facepunch ass burned through bay12's 100 user invite code for steamgifts.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32635 on: July 08, 2011, 11:09:50 pm »

Painstakingly removed all that dust from my computer.
SO MUCH DUST IT LITERALLY BLOCKS OFF THE WHOLE COOLING FAN WHAT.
Shitty part is, there was barely any improvement on my inability to play any more than one of my steam games without worrying about the entire damn computer freezing up for me to yank it out of the wall and replug and reboot, that one game being Terraria.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32636 on: July 08, 2011, 11:13:51 pm »

Shitty part is, there was barely any improvement on my inability to play any more than one of my steam games without worrying about the entire damn computer freezing up for me to yank it out of the wall and replug and reboot, that one game being Terraria.
Dust just equals Extra heat, which slightly degrades performance. if its freezing up, its probably something else.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32637 on: July 08, 2011, 11:16:40 pm »

Dust just equals Extra heat, which slightly degrades performance. if its freezing up, its probably something else.
Most likely is, can't isolate anything that I'd not have to go out for and/or pay for that could fix it unfortunately.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32638 on: July 08, 2011, 11:17:24 pm »

How old is most of the parts?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32639 on: July 08, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »

How old is most of the parts?
A year at the most, except the video card which is probably a few years. It's still higher grade than the integrated but driver deleted one, and has all it's drivers updated too.
Pages: 1 ... 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 ... 8167