Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2164 2165 [2166] 2167 2168 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447998 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32475 on: July 06, 2011, 05:42:37 pm »

this verruca hurts like fuck and won't go away. The verruca-killing shit is eating a hole in my heel, but the verruca goes a long way in, I think,
because the skin there is massively thick.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32476 on: July 06, 2011, 05:46:28 pm »

Urgh, flashbacks
*Hugs*

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32477 on: July 06, 2011, 07:59:29 pm »

@ToonyMan, Dimitri, Nadaka, & SalmonGod: Thank you for the kind words.  I'm trying my damnedest to make the situation clear to people outside my family. I'd really like to get someone to just back me up when I stand up to my parents, but so far all I've gotten is a few offers to put me up for a night or two. Don't get me wrong, I took them gladly, but I need to get bigger action going, although I am extremely afraid to go to police or child services.

Dimitri, I'll be praying for you and your grandpa, and hope you'll both make it through fine.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32478 on: July 06, 2011, 09:03:44 pm »

My computer died of overheating today. It turns on, but emits a stench of burning plastic, sends no signals to the monitor, and doesn't turn off except at the wall.
It lasted a lot longer than I thought it would, but by god was it a useless stack of shit at the end.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32479 on: July 06, 2011, 09:07:18 pm »

sonerohi: man, really, your situation is revolting, in the sense that i cannot even stir my mind away from suggesting a solution that involves violence, and that would hardly be a solution.
speak with your cool bro, he'll probably give you better advice than any of us, he should be more aware of the situation you are in than any of us

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32480 on: July 06, 2011, 10:35:34 pm »

Feeling depressed for no apparant reason. This seems to happen quite a lot. :(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32481 on: July 07, 2011, 01:43:06 am »

Had to give up the Island game. I just can't do it anymore. I would, however, be very happy if someone decided to take over GMing for me, because the players haven't even touched storyline yet, and they're so very close.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32482 on: July 07, 2011, 01:44:38 am »

Wait, so the laser commies weren't part of the storyline?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32483 on: July 07, 2011, 02:04:37 am »

Wait, so the laser commies weren't part of the storyline?

Er, no. That was the last game that I couldn't handle running. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #32484 on: July 07, 2011, 02:34:41 am »

So... I still can't beat this damn level in KF solo normal. It's confusing and I get lost and there's so many spawn points! D.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32485 on: July 07, 2011, 03:15:25 am »

Youtube made me sad, today. I'm sick of seeing comments like "ane1 wh0 dusant lyke dis vid is a FAGAT1111 fums up if u agre!"
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32486 on: July 07, 2011, 03:24:36 am »

KF is really, really, really not a solo game. While it's also pretty bad with randos, sometimes one good person can salvage the team and get them to semi work together.

So - I am apparently stuck in what is honestly the strangest psuedo relationship I have ever heard of, and I have known a lot of strange relationships. If it weren't for the fact that she keeps coming back to say that I am the only one that has ever understood her, I'd be long gone by now.

I think I need to reflect a bit more on the right choice, and then make it for the both of us. I want her to be able to stand strong without me at some point- surely there is a way to help her without those crazy emotions, various mishaps, and romantic misadventures. I see myself falling into this subconscious trap again and again with her.

I will continue to make myself stronger until I can truly support my loved ones with the love they deserve.

... I don't have time for this...

...but you know what? It's nice to have what feels like "normal" people problems for once, instead of struggling with the effects of globalisation upon human tribal nature and gross power inequalities and human ignorance to suffering we cause ourselves and others.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:27:52 am by KaelGotDwarves »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32487 on: July 07, 2011, 03:26:18 am »

Youtube made me sad, today. I'm sick of seeing comments like "ane1 wh0 dusant lyke dis vid is a FAGAT1111 fums up if u agre!"
That only started making you sad today? Youtube has been full of moronic commentators for as long as I can remember. I really wish they had kept the comment readback feature they implemented thanks to XKCD a couple of years back. An ounce of self-doubt would probably exterminate a noticeable percentage of the useless comments on Youtube.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32488 on: July 07, 2011, 03:33:23 am »

That only started making you sad today?
Nope. It just made me sadder than it usually does.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32489 on: July 07, 2011, 03:35:33 am »

That only started making you sad today? Youtube has been full of moronic commentators for as long as I can remember. I really wish they had kept the comment readback feature they implemented thanks to XKCD a couple of years back. An ounce of self-doubt would probably exterminate a noticeable percentage of the useless comments on Youtube.

What is it that makes people write like that? It's actually harder than normal writing (in my opinion). What purpose does it serve?
Pages: 1 ... 2164 2165 [2166] 2167 2168 ... 8167