Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2160 2161 [2162] 2163 2164 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446515 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32415 on: July 04, 2011, 09:13:01 pm »

It's about 132 degrees outside, the humidity is about 80% and the sun is still high in the sky.

WELCOME TO FLORIDA BITCHES.

How is it that you still draw breath? Why are not your bones bleached by the scorching sun?

There are people I don't know in my house.

Strike them down with a mighty battle cry “aaaaalullullullulLAH!

Or something like that.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32416 on: July 04, 2011, 09:29:50 pm »

Had to evict alot of people from my 4th of July party. No weed and no drinking is a pretty self-explained rule, but I'm not going to baby sit your asses or be responsible for you. I called parents for all the drinkers and ended the party two hours early. Of course, I'm the bad guy for enforcing my rules.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32417 on: July 04, 2011, 09:33:04 pm »

Had to evict alot of people from my 4th of July party. No weed and no drinking is a pretty self-explained rule, but I'm not going to baby sit your asses or be responsible for you. I called parents for all the drinkers and ended the party two hours early. Of course, I'm the bad guy for enforcing my rules.
Yes, you are the bad guy to them. But good on you for enforcing your rules, not just mentioning them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32418 on: July 04, 2011, 09:35:13 pm »

It's good you aren't me. I'd be tempted to just let them drive home, since the survivors would certainly listen to me after that. Only tempted, though, I probably wouldn't go through with that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32419 on: July 04, 2011, 10:06:45 pm »

It's good you aren't me. I'd be tempted to just let them drive home, since the survivors would certainly listen to me after that. Only tempted, though, I probably wouldn't go through with that.

If the fates did not find such delight in cruel irony, it would be tempting, but, as they do, the drunk fools would probably survive a crash that kills three innocent people.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32420 on: July 05, 2011, 01:23:12 am »

Bluh. What a day yesterday. Father in law had a heart attack. He's stabilized, with two stints now, but damn. We were going to play golf today.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32421 on: July 05, 2011, 01:40:02 am »

Go, US, go!

I think I need to reach out and do the right thing for someone else's peace of mind, even though I'm scared that I'm just going to hurt again.  It may be in a few months, maybe as much as a year, but I need to do it.

Gonna try to make peace with That Dude.  Not because I need the friend or because I have some desire/dream to be taken back--I don't--but because all this needs to be laid to rest.

Please, wish me luck.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #32422 on: July 05, 2011, 01:44:03 am »

Finally, all the strange people in my house left, but now there's a bunch of fireworks going off outside at almost midnight. This has really become my least favorite holiday. At least this is one of those problems I can solve by moving to a different country.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32423 on: July 05, 2011, 02:11:00 am »

Something is going on in my work place. Last night it was supposed to take 40 hours to get things done so four people in our ten hour shift plus a manager to cover breaks and herd us but with seven people in we struggled right up until the end. Our rates were slightly down because we had to prepare the store for a full stock count but it still doesn't add up. There is no way five people could have done what we had to in the time given. The productivity planner must be broken, or being read wrong, or even deliberately messed with.

On top of this the rules for what needs security tagging has changed yet again. Every so often we get a complaint from the second in charge about us not tagging things correctly and that there needs to be change so we change. After about a week we notice we're the only ones doing it and complain only to be told that the rules had changed again. It's like we can't do it right but they can't do it wrong.

I know I shouldn't let this all get to me but I can't help but feel stressed out.

Finally, all the strange people in my house left, but now there's a bunch of fireworks going off outside at almost midnight. This has really become my least favorite holiday. At least this is one of those problems I can solve by moving to a different country.
Come to the UK and swap the fireworks for the 5th of November! Or perhaps I should say the week around the 5th as the fireworks often start early. Even though it's my Dad's dog's birthday she hates it and goes crazy every year. I think the fright might have been what caused her mother to give birth.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32424 on: July 05, 2011, 03:35:55 am »

Dentist going on my nerves Dx

Also, BBCode broke a few mintes ago. Spoilers ho!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:37:49 am by Darvi »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32425 on: July 05, 2011, 06:11:06 am »

Ugh. Nightmares, I guess it's back to being afraid of going to sleep.
*Hugs*

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #32426 on: July 05, 2011, 06:54:32 am »

Dentist going on my nerves Dx

Also, BBCode broke a few mintes ago. Spoilers ho!

I'll post this here, since it has some advice now about dealing with weird lingering issues:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88267

Hopefully everything will sort itself out now that the big problems have (probably) been handled.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32427 on: July 05, 2011, 07:08:41 am »

Or you could come to Sweden, where nobody but the nazis give a damn about the national day. Well, there's always some show on TV, of course, and usually some local "festivities" that always fail miserably. We like our heathen rituals better.
Love, scriver~

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32428 on: July 05, 2011, 07:22:36 am »

I've met swedes who have come to Norway on May 17 because the Swedish national day is so boring. In return we send all our drunks to Strömstad on May 16. It's an acceptable switch.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32429 on: July 05, 2011, 07:24:29 am »

Welp, I say my goodbyes to all you fine folks for the next three weeks. Sporadic access to the computer will be a given, and I'll try to upload photos from Switzerland when I can. I guess this is my final goodbye before the trip.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 2160 2161 [2162] 2163 2164 ... 8167