Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440722 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32295 on: July 02, 2011, 11:39:04 am »

I thought that a 5% chance of conception was the standard. It appears I was mistaken, I guess.

25% per try of unprotected sex is the norm; that's what they tell all the girls over here, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32296 on: July 02, 2011, 11:43:00 am »

I thought it was 99% no matter what birth control you use.
Except abstinence.
Abstinence is 100% safe.
Б_Б *sigh*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32297 on: July 02, 2011, 11:47:41 am »

I thought it was 99% no matter what birth control you use.
Except abstinence.
Abstinence is 100% safe.
Б_Б *sigh*

I live in California, where they actually believe in sex ed >_>

Terraria is kicking my ass something awful.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32298 on: July 02, 2011, 12:37:08 pm »

No sugar. No salt. No snacks. No milk. No pastries. Vegetables, eggs, some fruit and a hint of meat only.
Final Destination... diet.

The constant feeling of hunger makes my irritability extend itself even to non-family members.
I know I'll be dreaming tonight. Dreaming of fried bacon.

Meanwhile things keep piling up.
While I managed to clean up my room for good, sorting out all clothing I don't wear, I still have to work through the accumulation of books and games.

In the game department, I'm wasting a lot of time on Mount&Blade: Warband Native Expansion Mod, while I should starting/finishing:
  • Witcher
  • Witcher 2
  • Terraria
  • Amnesia
  • The 3 Overlord titles
  • Thief 3
  • X3: Terran Conflict
  • Red Steel 2
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Ace Attorney: Trial and Tribulations

Don't even let me get started on the books...

At least I'm slowly starting to sort my life around me, given the circumstances.
That's progress, I guess.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:52:37 pm by Mindmaker »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32299 on: July 02, 2011, 01:07:31 pm »

I thought that a 5% chance of conception was the standard. It appears I was mistaken, I guess.

25% per try of unprotected sex is the norm; that's what they tell all the girls over here, anyway.
The figure I heard was that the total mean average is 125 tries before pregnancy, but for most people it's a 5% chance. I don't know, there's a lot of misinformation about this stuff, in no small part thanks to the abstinence only states. North Carolina numbers among them, and the impression they gave me was that if you aren't married STD's will spontaniously form out of thin air and kill you with knives the first time you have premarital sex. I'm not even using much hyperbole there. While I am not that uneducated in the methodology of disease transfer, I got the impression that most people in my class were.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:14:39 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32300 on: July 02, 2011, 01:13:34 pm »

I played too much Beat Hazard (after buying on Steam) all at once, and now am imagining Terraria if the game had a "music mode" -- spawns and game pace and all sorts of other things in time to your own music.

This is one of the reasons I'm no longer a "gamer". FML.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32301 on: July 02, 2011, 01:21:13 pm »

No sugar. No salt. No snacks. No milk. No pastries. Vegetables, eggs, some fruit and a hint of meat only.
No meat? That sounds strange - according to my meager knowledge, protein's the only thing that doesn't get stored as fat. Unlike sugars (carbons? Carbonates? Just carbs?) and fat. And fruit too, they're pretty much just sugar, as far as I know.
I'm sorry if I'm intruding, too. Other people putting their noses in your diet can be annoying, I know.. Especially those who do it literally.

I hope you can keep it up though, regardless. Are you training as well?
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32302 on: July 02, 2011, 01:26:24 pm »

Yeah, I found that the minute I started eating more protein and drinking more water, I started losing weight.  Go figure.

On the other hand, one's body really, really doesn't like breaking down protein for energy.  So, it's very important to eat sugars and fat for energy.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32303 on: July 02, 2011, 01:45:20 pm »

I played too much Beat Hazard (after buying on Steam) all at once, and now am imagining Terraria if the game had a "music mode" -- spawns and game pace and all sorts of other things in time to your own music.

Sounds cool to me. And you shouldn't worry about being a gamer, you should have fun playing the games you like.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32304 on: July 02, 2011, 01:45:52 pm »

No meat? That sounds strange - according to my meager knowledge, protein's the only thing that doesn't get stored as fat. Unlike sugars (carbons? Carbonates? Just carbs?) and fat. And fruit too, they're pretty much just sugar, as far as I know.
I'm sorry if I'm intruding, too. Other people putting their noses in your diet can be annoying, I know.. Especially those who do it literally.

I hope you can keep it up though, regardless. Are you training as well?

No, only small amounts of meat.
One day features a single thin slice, the next has none, the following two have only a little bit and so on.
You get all your protein from eggs, from which you have two in nearly every meal.
And the only fruit that you eat, is the grapefruit.
3 litres of water daily are being recommended.

The basic idea is to cut down on carbohydrates and fat, while increasing metabolism.

My training will focus on my problem areas, which would be thighs and waist.
So jogging, crunches and the use of our hometrainer should handle this.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:48:57 pm by Mindmaker »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32305 on: July 02, 2011, 01:50:10 pm »

I feel sorry for you =/

I hope doing this makes you happier.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32306 on: July 02, 2011, 01:58:16 pm »

It sure is going to be tough.
But my body suffered enough culinary maltreatment during school and civilian service, so it's time to sort this out, like the many other things that simply went wrong during all these years.

It may also help to rule out meat indigestion, for my digestive problems.
Well, but I planned seeing a doctor due to that issue anyway...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32307 on: July 02, 2011, 02:01:13 pm »

Sounds cool to me. And you shouldn't worry about being a gamer, you should have fun playing the games you like.

This is what I do nowadays because I use my spare time for games and internet, but I used to be a hardcore gamer type person and my mind would become so oversaturated with video games that I would start spouting stuff like this out loud.

On retrospect, though, Rhythmarria still sounds pretty awesome.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32308 on: July 02, 2011, 02:02:05 pm »

It sure is going to be tough.
But my body suffered enough culinary maltreatment during school and civilian service, so it's time to sort this out, like the many other things that simply went wrong during all these years.

Oh, that makes sense.  Yeah, I'm really doing a similar thing, though I don't totally restrict sugar because my body basically stops working completely.

Lots of pushups and situps >_>

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32309 on: July 02, 2011, 02:02:55 pm »

Personally, I went on a no sugar(/carbon hydrates, was it?) diet about half a year ago, after New Years. Mostly protein and fat, very little sugars, that is. It has some fancy name, I can't remember it. Started losing weight pretty quickly,  even though I didn't cut the sugar out completely (can't live without fruits and berries every now and again), and I didn't even train anything even though I had planned to. And I sit or lie around all day basically, nowadays.

I couldn't keep it up when birthday and summer celebrationary times rolled around, though. Too many delicious cakes, too many delicious fresh potatoes, fruits, all kinds of sugary things. Gonna have to start it up again soon. Maybe train as well for even better result. I was very surprised when it worked, I didn't believe in diets as a direct way to lose weight (contra just a supplement to trailing) before this.

Anyway, to the point: the diet I followed said fat was good to eat, because it's harder to store/gives less energy than carbohydratea, while still making sure your body doesn't go into energy conserving/starvatipn mode. As I tried to explain in my ramblings above, it worked for me, at least.

Is the next-to-none meat policy because of fats in the meat?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 ... 8167