Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456097 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #31065 on: June 08, 2011, 01:25:40 pm »

Do you know who I am!?
Medic! We have another amnesia patient!
Just who the hell do you think I am!?
I'm not sure. That's why we need the medic.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #31066 on: June 08, 2011, 04:02:11 pm »

My TV broke because my dad wad messing with the power, so I went to get the spare from downstairs. Which I dropped on my laptop power supply. nothing some solder can't fix, but really irritating.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31067 on: June 08, 2011, 04:42:46 pm »

I dunno why, but suddenly I have a strong desire for fiction featuring Manly Men (i.e. Byronic Heroes, I guess).  It's a guilty pleasure.

The thing I understand least about my emotions right now is the tendency for waves of passion in stupid areas, which then ebb and leave me wondering what on earth I was so interested in in the first place.  Please, interest... won't you go back to something useful, like philosophy?  Or mathematics?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31068 on: June 08, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »

Elephants rampaging in Karnataka, India. I hope Japa's ok. (As it sits, I'm not really sure where he actually is.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31069 on: June 08, 2011, 04:58:26 pm »

Completely opposite side of India, it would seem.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31070 on: June 08, 2011, 05:03:09 pm »

I think I have developed a fear of being around a crowd of people...  :(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31071 on: June 08, 2011, 05:06:23 pm »

I used to hate crowds because it's so easy to get lost in them.
Now I love crowds for the same reason.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31072 on: June 08, 2011, 05:09:56 pm »

Why would somebody say they got my job application, and are setting up a job interview with me, and to call them back tomorrow? So today I called them back and they (the same person, also the head of the store) asked what job I was looking for (even though it says on my application, which I filled out online and contained no less than 100 quiz questions about trivial things partially unrelated to the job), and had no idea about an interview. So I told them (I was looking to be a bagger at their grocery store) and they said that, no, they don't hire baggers "straight away" and could not hire me for that at this time, but if I like I can fill out another application (yes, all over again) for a cashier position. Even though I had already checked once more an hour beforehand and they did not have any cashier positions, but they had bagger positions.

I have spent the entire spring semester going through basically things just like this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31073 on: June 08, 2011, 05:15:41 pm »

I just realized what's wrong... my mind hasn't adapted to the idea that classes -> trip -> suddenly more classes.  This is basically the first time I've ever had a Thing to do over the summer and it's royally fucking with my sense of scheduling and making me freak out.

Dear mental wiring: fuck you to bits with a hacksaw.  I don't know how a little pretentious titmeister like you ever got into office.  Are you even a rightfully elected official?  Can I impeach you, preferably via arson?

Maybe that's a little bit much.  But I am... so tired of this noise.  This is one of those days when I wish it would all just go away.

And more than that, my mother is trying to convince me to live in a house with 16 people.  I know that if I did that, I'd probably just stay in my room 24/7 to avoid ever talking to anyone.  That's just too much.  But she won't hear it... if I don't have any other objections but "too many people," she will probably press me hard to live there.

Isn't she supposed to be shy?  Isn't she supposed to understand this?

I don't have anything I want to do... but so much spare time, and every time I think about doing something I'm confronted only with pictures of disorder, of confusion, of lack of memory, so all I do is read random bits of text and pace.  A clockwork existence.

It will get better soon, right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31074 on: June 08, 2011, 05:17:01 pm »

Ugh, Tenshi's been really depressed, and now, just as she was starting to get better, she starts having flashbacks
*Hugs*

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31075 on: June 08, 2011, 07:09:05 pm »

Exam at 1:45PM. I. AM. FUCKED!!!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #31076 on: June 08, 2011, 11:43:57 pm »

It's June 9, and I still don't have a job or co-op for summer. I wasn't even contacted by either of the two most promising companies after sending follow up letters. :(

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31077 on: June 08, 2011, 11:49:52 pm »

Elephants rampaging in Karnataka, India. I hope Japa's ok. (As it sits, I'm not really sure where he actually is.)

Yeah, I'm up in bengal.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #31078 on: June 09, 2011, 12:28:26 am »

Memories are such complicated things. Sometimes you want to forget and live on and other times you worry one day you'll actually forget and lose yourself completely.

My girlfriend doesn't know if she wants to forget or not. And it's hurting her so bad whenever she digs up Memories she has a strong attachment too. I wish she could turn herself around finally and start looking ahead to what future she has left rather than just looking back and wondering what could of been.

I just want her to be happy really. That's it and I'd give anything for it at this point.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31079 on: June 09, 2011, 07:20:53 am »

I think I just ran over my kitteh's tail with my computer chair...

Poor kitteh.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 ... 8167