Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454419 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30885 on: June 04, 2011, 10:13:12 pm »

It's been, what, a day?

And my thread has already been massively derailed =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30886 on: June 04, 2011, 10:13:44 pm »

I'm sad because I expected to be sleepy five minutes ago and then realized I had caffeine and now won't be sleeping for another hour :(

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30887 on: June 04, 2011, 11:19:14 pm »

It's been, what, a day?

And my thread has already been massively derailed =/
You're allowed a little leeway in bringing your threads under control by whatever means you deem fitting. Bauglir had good success in keeping Atheism Redux under control with red text and taking active control of it.

I, personally, would come down on the thread like the hand of a vengeful demideity.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30888 on: June 04, 2011, 11:31:08 pm »

Yeah, though on the other hand, we kind of finished arguing >_> <_<

So everything's been rerailed, anyway, and fun was had by all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #30889 on: June 04, 2011, 11:38:00 pm »

Heh, indeed. I guess fundamentalist upbringings aren't all bad; they can be used to re-rail threads about progressive issues when channeled properly. :D

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30890 on: June 04, 2011, 11:38:23 pm »

i am both sorry and not sorry for being the ghost of christmas derail

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30891 on: June 04, 2011, 11:52:55 pm »

I'm sad that it seems like it's impossible to escape the caricature christian. It's bad enough that I think other people think I am that whenever I get into any sort of discussion, but to have it trotted out for what amounted to a troll and pony show... This is why Christians bring up the fact that the communist atrocities were committed by Atheist regimes. FEEL THIS GUILT BY HARDLY-ANY RELATION.

I feel so fucking disgusted by what people must think may be my own side (when it is not) that I pretty much just want to give up, and never read any discussion that even touches a religious topic ever again.

Thanks, ggamer.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30893 on: June 04, 2011, 11:55:50 pm »

I'm sad that it seems like it's impossible to escape the caricature christian. It's bad enough that I think other people think I am that whenever I get into any sort of discussion, but to have it trotted out for what amounted to a troll and pony show... This is why Christians bring up the fact that the communist atrocities were committed by Atheist regimes. FEEL THIS GUILT BY HARDLY-ANY RELATION.

You could just do what I do and, you know, declare yourself as part of a group seperate than them. Even if unlike me you have to make it up. You could be Willforian. Really being "Christian" nowadays seems just as big a stigma as being "Athiest".

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30894 on: June 04, 2011, 11:59:36 pm »

You could just do what I do and, you know, declare yourself as part of a group seperate than them. Even if unlike me you have to make it up. You could be Willforian. Really being "Christian" nowadays seems just as big a stigma as being "Athiest".
If I wanted to be labeled as an alternate religion, I would use the one my class just invented after seeing the sun for the first time in weeks: Church of the Giant Fireball in the Sky. He turns ice into liquid ice, and enables the growth of strange immobile creatures that are called non-animals.

His father was another Giant Fireball that exploded, and the Giant Fireball in the sky coagulated out of his remains.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:02:07 am by Willfor »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30895 on: June 05, 2011, 12:01:09 am »

If I wanted to be labeled as an alternate religion, I would use the one my class just invented after seeing the sun for the first time in weeks: Church of the Giant Fireball in the Sky. It turns ice into liquid ice, and enables the growth of strange immobile creatures that are called non-animals.

Well... I would join it!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30896 on: June 05, 2011, 12:04:27 am »

I would add it to my existing amalgamation of personal beliefs and philosophies.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30897 on: June 05, 2011, 12:06:47 am »

I would add it to my existing amalgamation of personal beliefs and philosophies.

And then I would argue with you about how these don't fit and aren't traditional, or perhaps the other ways around. Only then would we have a good religion on our hands.

Oh, and sad thread material: a lot of my posts, because I agree with this person or other, can come off seeming like I dislike one group or another when it comes to the whole religion debate. Honestly I simultaneously think they're all crazy in some ways (including me), but primarily the extremists on all sides, and also support the fact that their members are willing to hold their own in a debate, and feel so strongly about what they believe. I don't mean to offend anyone here. I'm just here to have a good time.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:09:49 am by freeformschooler »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30898 on: June 05, 2011, 12:31:02 am »

In other sad news, the adoption services of the Catholic Charities of Peoria and Joliet are shutting down because of there even being the possibility that unwed heterosexuals or any homosexuals could adopt children from them. While I do not think that the Catholic Church should have any role in taking care of orphans, this is still very sad news in that it will disrupt the chidren's lives.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:32:35 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30899 on: June 05, 2011, 12:52:27 am »

More accurately, it's because they don't want to be forced into allowing their services to be used by unmarried cohabiting couples, which is a lifestyle that the Church condemns.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 ... 8167