Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2041 2042 [2043] 2044 2045 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466448 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30630 on: May 28, 2011, 10:57:17 am »

I remembered why i hate this city in the summer, the heat is freaking unbearable, and summer is not even here yet :(
Where do you live? Is it a dry heat or a humid one (from pictures I'm guessing somewhere out of the states, India maybe?)
Nevermind, I read Jopax as Japa.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #30631 on: May 28, 2011, 11:05:02 am »

I remembered why i hate this city in the summer, the heat is freaking unbearable, and summer is not even here yet :(
Where do you live? Is it a dry heat or a humid one (from pictures I'm guessing somewhere out of the states, India maybe?)
Nevermind, I read Jopax as Japa.
Assuming his profile is correct, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mostar
Or based on the wiki's climate section for said page:
Mostar, and Herzegovina area in general, have more affinity to the Croatian region of Dalmatia, which can be oppressively hot during the summer.
When even the wiki page objectively states it is oppressively hot, you know it's bad...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30632 on: May 28, 2011, 11:40:08 am »

Yeah, when temperatures in the shade are some 30 degrees celsius you can't do much but hope it passes soon.But nights are generally nice, warm enough for outside sleeping and partying all night long ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30633 on: May 28, 2011, 01:01:52 pm »

30 C = 86 F   ???

That's about what it's running today, which is a break in the heat for us. It was in the 90's F all this past week, and looks to do the same again next week. And will continue to do the same from now until mid-September, except for those times when it goes up into the low 100's.

Further proof that a large swath of the inhabited world is off-limits to me for permanent habitation, because y'all are just too damn cold. I need tropical or subtropical temps to survive.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30634 on: May 28, 2011, 01:03:15 pm »

Ah, Iowa summers. Did mention how a couple weeks back it was hovering right around 100 F for a day or two? That's 37ish C, for you people using the sensible scale. Right now it's nice and balmy, but that's actually really weird for us. It's usually a minimum of 80 (26ish) on good days, so the fact that's sixty-frickin-two (that'd be a mere six-frickin-teen elsewhere) is really strange. Not that I'm complaining... This is the wrong thread for this comment.

On topic, we should be getting up to more normal temperatures starting next week, which saddens me.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30635 on: May 28, 2011, 01:04:54 pm »

It's not the heat that gets you, it's the humidity that makes she shade and wind oppressive.

100F and 85F don't differ too much when the ground is sweating beneath you.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30636 on: May 28, 2011, 03:43:54 pm »

damn im really feeling the burn of low money, i got two weeks before my student loans pool back into my wallet.
Doing well on food as long i keep cooking, bills are just my 75 phone and 150 rent, still have tons of credit to throw around but keeping that low profile, buddy of mine is finally getting a ps3 that both of us can pay for under my terms at least. Then the rest of my money is blown on my girlfriend which at least is grateful for me but i will be doing more just visiting than going out from now on, hell this past month i spent more time with her than my family which is still leaving in 2 weeks, damn headache.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30637 on: May 28, 2011, 09:02:35 pm »

I think I have issues with watching movies or something.  Watched Resident Evil and I'm shaking.  I'm not afraid, just pumped with adrenaline, even though I didn't really like the movie.  So much gore, so much killing, so much... ugh, people enjoy watching this stuff?  A friend from work loaned me all three Resident Evil movies (she insisted I see them) and I'm not going past the first one.  No, just no.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30638 on: May 28, 2011, 09:05:14 pm »

Resident Evil isn't a very gory movie.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30639 on: May 28, 2011, 09:21:05 pm »

My gore tolerance is probably really low then, yikes.

edit: In case someone gets mad, no I'm not trying to complain about violent movies or bash whatever genre the Resident Evil movie is from.  I just didn't like it very much is all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:23:58 pm by Euld »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30640 on: May 28, 2011, 10:21:15 pm »

just pumped with adrenaline

I have a feeling that you may have hit on why people enjoy watching movies like that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #30641 on: May 28, 2011, 10:45:58 pm »

I dunno. I watch gory movies since they make me hungry, and make me feel good in places I don't think I should feel good in while seeing blood. Just saying.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30642 on: May 28, 2011, 10:48:46 pm »

Ah, the whole intense carnivore thing?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30643 on: May 28, 2011, 10:55:43 pm »

I quite enjoy the sight of blood as well.
Don't usually watch gory movies though.
Most of them are just gorn with no actual plot.
I like plot. :I

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30644 on: May 29, 2011, 12:32:06 am »

gorn
Please tell me this word does not mean what I think it means.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 2041 2042 [2043] 2044 2045 ... 8167