Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2039 2040 [2041] 2042 2043 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467441 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30600 on: May 27, 2011, 07:05:28 pm »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #30601 on: May 27, 2011, 07:26:28 pm »

Ein, nuff said.

But also here.
What did Ein do to make you sad?
Made me realize again again again why it's the tiniest minority of native english speakers I have any respect for.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30602 on: May 27, 2011, 07:42:43 pm »

Grarghble. Why am I so tired? It's like, 7:30 on a Friday and I feel like sleeping. This isn't right. And I already had an energy drink today, I probably shouldn't have another. Pretty sure I'm addicted (I guess a week and a half wasn't long enough to actually get to the point where any at all wouldn't immediately trigger a relapse, and at this point I am just thinking "fuck it, I'll feed the addiction because I don't have time for even more complete uselessness"), but I'd at least like to stay in this zone of only needing caffeine once every two days.

Also, that parenthetical note was as long as the rest of my post. What.

EDIT: Well, that didn't last long. Tried to sleep, got impatient, now drinking caffeine. Man do I suck.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:17:57 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30603 on: May 27, 2011, 10:15:18 pm »

So, my family always tries to coax me into singing karaoke and such, and my friends praise my singing for some quality. I actually like singing, and just always thought I was terrible. I start singing more, when appropriate, and my family lashes out and just tries to shut me down. They aren't satisfied with me ignoring, accomplishing, or pursuing something. They love just watching me fester though.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30604 on: May 27, 2011, 10:19:07 pm »

So, my family always tries to coax me into singing karaoke and such, and my friends praise my singing for some quality. I actually like singing, and just always thought I was terrible. I start singing more, when appropriate, and my family lashes out and just tries to shut me down. They aren't satisfied with me ignoring, accomplishing, or pursuing something. They love just watching me fester though.

Rock Band. Karaoke + Plastic Instruments + (Some) Rock and Roll = you and a few friends having the time of your lives, despite looking like total morons.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30605 on: May 28, 2011, 12:38:10 am »

I keep on forgetting what I'm doing half way through doing it. For example, if I'm trying to download something, I'll often forget about it and just leave the download page up.

[EDIT] Antymatter just got muted for three days. I wonder how he trolled...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:16:08 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30606 on: May 28, 2011, 03:28:50 am »

He made a rape thread in the Suggestions forum.

A not very thought out one. Basically, he wrote that "when I play DF I get angry at other NPCs and then I should be able to rape them."
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30607 on: May 28, 2011, 03:33:25 am »

He made a rape thread in the Suggestions forum.

A not very thought out one. Basically, he wrote that "when I play DF I get angry at other NPCs and then I should be able to rape them."
Oh, yeah! I forgot about that thread.

How exactly did he troll, though? It just seemed like an ultra-shit suggestion, to me.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #30608 on: May 28, 2011, 04:17:47 am »

yeah, what a crappy suggestion, he should have suggested toady add tags for anal circumference to the raws so the game could properly calculate the damage a character would receive for being raped by a dragon or something...

if he was not trolling and sincerely desired that toady incorporated rape into the game, then he's not someone i'd like to share the forum with, either

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30609 on: May 28, 2011, 04:29:58 am »

I was involved in that thread, I had at least 3 rape supporters calling me a troll for suggesting that having rape in a video game is not approved of by the authorities, and could get Toady in trouble.

They kept claiming video games about rape are completely legal. and I'm like "name one title outside Japan". They could not (other than one I mentioned myself "Custers revenge" from 1981)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:31:56 am by Reelyanoob »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #30610 on: May 28, 2011, 04:36:32 am »

well, there's FATAL

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30611 on: May 28, 2011, 04:38:54 am »

Heh, but no publisher will touch that thing, it might be a different story if that was sold in shops, someone browsing would get offended and all hell would break loose. Fitting subject for this thread, is FATAL.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:41:26 am by Reelyanoob »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #30612 on: May 28, 2011, 04:48:41 am »

df is also self published, though, and has no intention to attach itself to a publisher

not that there's an argument to implement rape on df, or even sex, though spore reproduction can sometimes seem funky

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30613 on: May 28, 2011, 05:04:22 am »

They kept claiming video games about rape are completely legal. and I'm like "name one title outside Japan". They could not (other than one I mentioned myself "Custers revenge" from 1981)
Well, to be fair, you couldn't name any piece of legislature, or even an article mentioning the supposed illegality of representing rape in a game - and that's what they were calling you on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30614 on: May 28, 2011, 05:07:13 am »

I suggest we do not continue that pointless discussion in the sad thread. Or anywhere else, for that matter.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 2039 2040 [2041] 2042 2043 ... 8167