Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2037 2038 [2039] 2040 2041 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469365 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30570 on: May 26, 2011, 07:45:13 pm »

Apparently Crysis 2 decided to take all the AI and difficulty they didn't put into the rest of the game and concentrate it into a single fight with a single enemy unit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #30571 on: May 26, 2011, 08:16:19 pm »

My computer is struggling just running Chrome all of a sudden, and is now bluescreening frequently. I have no idea what to do, I may just have to wait for a replacement.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #30572 on: May 26, 2011, 11:17:36 pm »

My mother ran out of money for the month... no groceries for about 5 or 6 days. :(

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30573 on: May 27, 2011, 03:59:42 am »

I saw a pretty girl the other day, don't know why but she had this somehting about her that made me stare like a fool.I think i should have talked to her, but i guess that would probably freak her out since people don't usually approach strangers on the street to tell them they are pretty and ask them out on dates :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30574 on: May 27, 2011, 04:15:22 am »

My computer is struggling just running Chrome all of a sudden, and is now bluescreening frequently. I have no idea what to do, I may just have to wait for a replacement.

Back up everything that you've got and try a fresh OS install first before spending any money! Sounds like software issues.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30575 on: May 27, 2011, 07:39:29 am »

Back up everything that you've got and try a fresh OS install first before spending any money! Sounds like software issues.

Or, I can sell you a new HP. :P

[/shitpost]

Anyway, my daughter's going through growing pains, and there's nothing I can do to help. Except maybe work on my reflexes whilst sleeping, apparently.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30576 on: May 27, 2011, 07:48:19 am »

Apparently, with the way I drive, my vespa manages 22km per litre.

I need to drive slower.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30577 on: May 27, 2011, 09:58:03 am »

My left hand, 5th finger hurts xP

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #30578 on: May 27, 2011, 11:55:22 am »

I don't know if this belongs in the rage thread or this one. I feel both with equal measure.

Background:
I have been making my own MineCraft texture pack for a long while now. The idea is to have 32x32 versions of all the original 16x16 textures whilst keeping the same style. Plenty of other people have used it as a base for their own work and I am fine with this, happy even, so long as credit is given. Occasionally I get a PM linking me or find a topic where someone hasn't credited the use of my work and after a friendly post credit is usually given.

Thing that made me sad today:
Today I find a pack that has obviously used a some of my work without credit so I download it and take a look. It turns out he's used a lot of my work but added tweaks of his own. I make a list of what's mine and post it with a request for credit. He denies using my work claiming that he based his on the originals just like me. I post a load of images proving that he didn't make them. He admits to a small portion of it and claims it's no big deal but still no credit. After I ask him to stop using my work he continues to insult me in my texture pack's topic.

I admit that once he started denying things I fanned the flames somewhat but I really don't need internet drama.

Fake edit: He's even edited the Title of his topic to include "(Vattic is a bitch)".
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30579 on: May 27, 2011, 11:59:26 am »

Well, at least you didn't get ripped off by a commercial project like the DooM/Duke3D Hires pack artists did. That's something.

In other news

I just learned that there is a thriving Final Fantasy Tactics mod community. How did I not know about this?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30580 on: May 27, 2011, 11:59:44 am »

Totally not cool. I like your pack, man, and I will keep using it! (Unless I get bored and switch to a different one again :V)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30581 on: May 27, 2011, 12:18:24 pm »

I don't know if this belongs in the rage thread or this one. I feel both with equal measure.

Background:
I have been making my own MineCraft texture pack for a long while now. The idea is to have 32x32 versions of all the original 16x16 textures whilst keeping the same style. Plenty of other people have used it as a base for their own work and I am fine with this, happy even, so long as credit is given. Occasionally I get a PM linking me or find a topic where someone hasn't credited the use of my work and after a friendly post credit is usually given.

Thing that made me sad today:
Today I find a pack that has obviously used a some of my work without credit so I download it and take a look. It turns out he's used a lot of my work but added tweaks of his own. I make a list of what's mine and post it with a request for credit. He denies using my work claiming that he based his on the originals just like me. I post a load of images proving that he didn't make them. He admits to a small portion of it and claims it's no big deal but still no credit. After I ask him to stop using my work he continues to insult me in my texture pack's topic.

I admit that once he started denying things I fanned the flames somewhat but I really don't need internet drama.

Fake edit: He's even edited the Title of his topic to include "(Vattic is a bitch)".
Hasn't this entered the zone of where it's reportable? What with the thread title and all.
Love, scriver~

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #30582 on: May 27, 2011, 12:28:06 pm »

Ah, the minecraft community. Such a wonderful example of human decency and self-sacrifice....
Wait a minute; wrong script. Here we are:
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #30583 on: May 27, 2011, 12:29:33 pm »

I sent one in when he first started going crazy. A report for my own topic where he is still posting hate could be appropriate.

Now he's taken the download links down and replaced the OP with a message about how all his fans should hate me. I know itt's a game about digging your own holes but that's no excuse.

Funny thing: I accidentally "respected" one of his angry posts trying to see who had already done so. It looks like I can't remove it either. Damn their new forum system.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30584 on: May 27, 2011, 12:37:47 pm »

I just learned that there is a thriving Final Fantasy Tactics mod community. How did I not know about this?
...where is this wondrous thing? And how dare you mention it in the sad thread!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 2037 2038 [2039] 2040 2041 ... 8167