Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2026 2027 [2028] 2029 2030 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473689 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30405 on: May 23, 2011, 06:43:34 am »

Everything's crapping out on me; My mouse is wearing out, my PSP's joystick lists to the right, my video card is outdated and crashes at least once a day, and the right speaker on my headphones doesn't work unless the cord is bent at the exact right angle.
I can only replace about half of these, so I have to decide whether to replace my video card or my PSP.
I forget where, but you can buy a replacement stick online and just replace that. That's what I did for my gutter PSP. You can also, if you know how to use a soldering iron, get a dirt-cheap pair of headphones and cannabalize the cord to fix your (I assume) nice pair. (You have a short in the cord, so replacing the cord will solve the problem.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30406 on: May 23, 2011, 08:22:02 am »

While puttering around working on my wife's family tree, I tracked down her long-lost uncle and 1st cousin, who sorta split from the family 30+ years ago. They sorta had contact 5 or 6 years ago when they had to settle up the will from her grandmother, but just barely.

Managed to track them down to a specific address and phone number. Also discovered that her cousin was just sentenced two months ago to a 6 month prison sentence for negligent vehicular manslaughter for killing a guy in a traffic accident.  :(

Really not sure how to break the news to her or her mother.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30407 on: May 23, 2011, 09:32:06 am »

Why? If they've been out of contact for that long, just lie and say you were unable to get ahold of them. That would be less of a dissapointment.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30408 on: May 23, 2011, 11:06:10 am »

Argh! Studying for the German exam is so frustrating!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30409 on: May 23, 2011, 11:08:48 am »

Nein. Deutscheprüfung studieren ist keine frustrating!

It made me sad this saturday that I was trying to hit on a Belgian girl using my broken german, and turned out it was too inintelligible for her. My ego was sorely bruised :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30410 on: May 23, 2011, 11:11:30 am »

Why? If they've been out of contact for that long, just lie and say you were unable to get ahold of them. That would be less of a dissapointment.

Cause it's family? I know that's not a big deal to a lot of people, but blood ties run deep around here.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30411 on: May 23, 2011, 11:11:51 am »

It is if you have to learn all the interpretations of Faust and Homo faber :/

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30412 on: May 23, 2011, 12:35:35 pm »

I'm sad because Crysis 2's acting is almost unforgivably bad.  Everybody in the world is 19 and probably named Skip.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30413 on: May 23, 2011, 03:03:04 pm »

Thanks Josh.  Later yesterday I felt better for a certain reason (UMINEKO AKUSHON) and today has been better overall.  I actually had a thought that made me smile on the way home during the bus ride, but I don't want to share it because it's embarrassing oh what the hell it made me smile.

I didn't have anything to do today during school so I read almost two volumes of Pandora Hearts which is some fantasy shonen manga, but what got to me was how much I liked the outfits in the series on all the characters.  I kinda had an image of myself as some noble blood in a fancy mansion wearing fancy clothes doing fancy things which I thought was really cool...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30414 on: May 23, 2011, 03:04:57 pm »

I'm sad to learn that Macho Man Randy Savage died, in the happy thread no less. I don't know what it is, but learning that all my favorite wrestlers from my early childhood are getting old and dying brings tears to my eyes.

Plus, I'm trying to remember that one bizarre indie game that used his distinctive image and yell as a powerup noise. I just can't remember.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30415 on: May 23, 2011, 03:11:25 pm »

I'm sad to learn that Macho Man Randy Savage died, in the happy thread no less. I don't know what it is, but learning that all my favorite wrestlers from my early childhood are getting old and dying brings tears to my eyes.

Plus, I'm trying to remember that one bizarre indie game that used his distinctive image and yell as a powerup noise. I just can't remember.
BONESAW IS REEEADDDYYY

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30416 on: May 23, 2011, 03:12:46 pm »

Thank you so much Toony.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30417 on: May 23, 2011, 03:14:29 pm »

The May the 21st thread has gone nuts and is simply dangling by a thread that somehow prevents it from getting locked. But, still. It's been going for a long time and always was rather hard to keep on topic.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:31:23 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30418 on: May 23, 2011, 03:56:39 pm »

My wife's looking at changing jobs and working at a smaller, private college (a fairly prestigous one at that). It would entail a move, but we'd still be in the same state. Just on a lark, I checked to see what jobs they have that I could apply for.

They a one-year non-tenure faculty position in Asian Studies and Social Science. That's pretty much a full description of my B.A. and M.I.S. degree rolled together.
They want someone who has "conducted comparative work in issues relating to China and India". My thesis was a comparative study of decentralization of power in China and India.
They want someone who has experience travelling and studying in Asia. I studied at Zhejiang U. and travelled independently in China.

They want someone with a doctorate or terminal degree.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---------  >:( >:(  :-[ :'(

I know it's par for the course for a prof to have a doctorate, but come ON! It's a one-year, non-tenure teaching fellow on a grant! It's the suckiest of all possible teaching positions at a college, and I would hump an angry grizzly bear to get it. Gaaaaaaahhhh....

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30419 on: May 23, 2011, 04:06:07 pm »

I want to learn how to play FATAL.

This... UGH... Why the fuck do I want to play a game that has OVER EIGHT-FUCKING-HUNDRED pages and seems to be about nothing other than sacrificing retarded children and throwing babies into lava.

And, I shit you not, this is FATAL's theme song. These are not my words, but they are pretty spot on. This song sounds like the Cookie Monster got tangled in a drum set and fell down a large staircase.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:22:05 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2026 2027 [2028] 2029 2030 ... 8167