Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2023 2024 [2025] 2026 2027 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473728 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30360 on: May 22, 2011, 04:28:43 am »

Steam's being derpy. Twice in two days now it thinks I've logged in from a new computer. I've done no such thing. Changed the password just in case, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30361 on: May 22, 2011, 05:33:35 am »

Edit: Doesn't that more or less invalidate all blind dates and dating services?

There's a difference between "try it out with someone you don't know, because you want someone to be with" and "get a girlfriend because you need one to be a Perfect Man."

Having fun seething, BlackMageChill?  You'll grow up eventually and realize that you need to concentrate on improving yourself based on your own standards, not based on what the rest of the society has decided.  You need to be your own advocate and so on.  And treat other people like people, for goodness' sake.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30362 on: May 22, 2011, 05:37:26 am »

I don't know why people like dates. They taste funny.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30363 on: May 22, 2011, 06:20:00 am »

@Vector: In blackmage's defense, there's a lot of social pressure on guys at a certain age to have a girlfriend. Just like there's a lot of pressure on women in their late 20's, early 30's to have a boyfriend, if not husband. (If you don't believe me, you should meet some of my friends....it's not their biological clocks ticking, it's their mothers' 'grandmother clocks'.)  ::)

It's not about being "the Perfect Man", it's about feeling worthwhile and about not being "that loser that can't get a date". I agree that in the long-run relationships should be about mutual attraction and wanting to be together, but cut him some slack...he's 14, for chrissakes. No offense to him, but he's in the wading pool version of real life right now. This is the time when you're supposed to try out things (and mostly not get them right) because it's just training for later in life when shit starts to matter.

@blackmagechill: If it's any consolation, I never even held hands with a member of the opposite sex until I was 17. And I was borderline psychotic back then. I'm married with two kids now. It'll all work itself out in time.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30364 on: May 22, 2011, 07:46:46 am »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30365 on: May 22, 2011, 07:48:07 am »

"Just pick yourself some woman. Doesn't even have to be pretty or smart. It's easier when she isn't. Just have some fun and practice the neccessary 'skills'."

My father uses to say that. That attitude makes me sick.
Now wonder children these days know nothing of responsibility and hold no values, considering how widely spread this is.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30366 on: May 22, 2011, 09:44:29 am »

Grow up and date people because you want to date that person, not because you want a girlfriend to show that you're a perfect chelovek.

I'm not mad, just tired.
Yes, and I figure If I'm in a relationship I'd be happier and feel like my life is sort of on the right track. And it seems like I'd be happier, and so would the other party in the relationship, right? If it doesn't work it doesn't work, but fuck all I didn't even see what Red King said, and I should really stop giving a shit about this stuff at fourteen.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30367 on: May 22, 2011, 10:51:18 am »

Though I'd advise against seeking a relationship for the sake of having a relationship (it's pretty silly, and misses the point), if there are people in your life whom you are genuinely attracted to, try to get to know them better. When you feel comfortable and/or find out that you might like to be in a relationship with someone, give it a shot. Don't let social pressure push you into looking too hard, or too soon, though.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30368 on: May 22, 2011, 10:55:09 am »

My advice would be to not pursue this sort of thing for the time being. You have far more important things to worry about at your age.

I don't know why people like dates. They taste funny

ohiseewhatyoudidthere
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30369 on: May 22, 2011, 11:12:33 am »

Hahaha, man I feel depressed.  Almost down enough to use ellipses.  I think I need a motivation to drive me because I don't have anythiiiiiiiing right now.  I felt pretty down this whole weekend.  I think my enjoyment of things would multiply hundred fold if I felt positive, but I really don't feel positive at all.  I really do keep to myself too much.  I don't let anybody hear my problems and I suffer from within.  So why don't I say something?!  I don't know I don't know I don't know.  Thinking about it, the only thing I could tell them was "I don't ever feel happy" and then what from there?  I can't predict people's responses too well but they'd probably want me to figure out how to feel good?  I don't feel good, at all.  I feel entirely foreign to my own body and I want out.  I want to be free and released, airborne like a wispy spirit.  I don't want to be locked in a shell that responses with monotonous yeses and nos.  If my parents told me to go out and hang with my friends I wouldn't be happy with that either.  I actually enjoy being with myself on a computer or some such, because I actually get to leave this world at least partially.  What I don't enjoy is having to "live my life".  Hrrmmm, I guess that makes me want to be a complete nobody right?  I've already said to myself every night that I want to be forgotten, that way my parents and family and friends wouldn't feel any grief if something happened to me, but that isn't going to happen.  I can't be forgotten and there's nothing I can do about that.

I'm pretty sure I've already contradicted previous statements I've made, but this is how I feel right now.

Very very very very very sad.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:14:24 am by ToonyMan »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30370 on: May 22, 2011, 11:15:42 am »

I don't know why people like dates. They taste funny.
Not really :D.
I have better things to worry about, but I guess I'd feel more self-secure if I was in a relationship. There are a few girls I like too, so it's not just "any girl will do, I need a relationship to feel complete" it's more like I would like to be in a relationship with a girl I genuinely enjoy being around, yet have no way to do so. Does that make sense?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30371 on: May 22, 2011, 11:17:15 am »

Not really, but that's just me. So, are you already friends with them or something?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30372 on: May 22, 2011, 11:33:09 am »

Yeah, and we're pretty good friends, as friends go. I think the whole being an atheist thing bothers most people though, so it always seems a little weird if we end up talking about religion.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30373 on: May 22, 2011, 12:08:46 pm »

Just noticed how damn stupid I look when I bother washing my hair. Gotta make a choice; either stop showering or shave this proto-beard.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30374 on: May 22, 2011, 12:12:39 pm »

Same here. As a consequence, I usually keep the hair washing to an absolute minimum.

...that coming from the guy who just came out of the shower...
Pages: 1 ... 2023 2024 [2025] 2026 2027 ... 8167