Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477253 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30210 on: May 18, 2011, 01:38:09 pm »

I drink that much or more a day. Whats up with that?

(Also if most people drink even less that makes one cup a hour sound even more like bull shit.)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #30211 on: May 18, 2011, 01:39:43 pm »

History final-ish exam is tomorrow, and I haven't passed any history exam this year.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #30212 on: May 18, 2011, 02:27:40 pm »

Boarding now. Janet hasen't sent me a message. I hope she doesn't worry if I don't reply in 5 hours or more.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30213 on: May 18, 2011, 02:39:03 pm »

@chaoticag: I don't have much usefull to say, but I wanted to at least give you some resonance and say that I listened. I recognise some of myself in you, I think, even if our circumstances were different (but hell, maybe I'm just projecting..). Anyway, I hope you feel better now (even though I know it doesn't really work like that), or at least that you'll get better in the future. It might feel frightening now, being uncertain about the future (and who can ever be certain when it comes to it?), and it might be a struggle to "get better", but yeah, we can all get through it if we keep trying. A stranger on the Internet believes in you, man. ;)

Edit: I'm also sad it took me so/too long to write that post. Took 40 minutes, roughly. I write too slowly on the phone, man.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:42:33 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30214 on: May 18, 2011, 08:52:54 pm »

I just noticed a link to videos I've 'Purchased' on youtube. Don't know how long it's been there, but it doesn't bode well for the future of my music listening.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30215 on: May 18, 2011, 09:50:49 pm »

No access to taps or water fountains?

Exactly.

Doing better this morning and no longer feel like shit warmed over, though, which is good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30216 on: May 18, 2011, 09:59:24 pm »

Bring water bottles with you.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30217 on: May 18, 2011, 10:04:17 pm »

Bring water bottles with you.

This is, in fact, what I did =)

EDIT: I am sad because I am probably going to sink a rather large amount of money into video games when I get older and have an actual paycheck.  I thought better of myself than that.

On the other hand, if I do end up becoming a professor of rhetoric (instead of mathematics), I intend to do a serious look at the stories told by video games and the effects of their interactivity.  For sure.  So it'd be helping my career... right?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:41:18 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30218 on: May 18, 2011, 11:42:04 pm »

Operation "Talk My Bro Down From Screaming Frantic to Almost Normal" is not going well.  Mom and Dad had to leave for a few days, and schizo bro is freaking out because apparently the neighbors have x-ray vision, super hearing, and absolutely no life.  In other words, the voices coming from outside the house are narrating his life.  Every.  Detail.  And he reminds me of this EVERY MINUTE WE'RE IN EARSHOT.

And now he's laughing.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30219 on: May 18, 2011, 11:56:26 pm »

Cag, I still am not sure I understand the full scope of what's going on, but I wish the best for you. Don't ever let anyone (even yourself) convince you that you are powerless or failing in your life. I've been in slumps not unlike the one you describe, where I want nothing more than to escape my current worries with a heap of distractions; books, video games, etc. It takes me some time to summon the will to tackle issues that I see before me. The trick to it is to ignore my hesitation, and just try to start at it; I always find that the moment I start tackling a problem or actively changing a behavior, it gets far easier to continue, and the slump becomes that much less for it.

The first step always feels the hardest, but the journey gets easier from there. You have all the power in the world to move toward what you want, you just need to find it. Good luck.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30220 on: May 19, 2011, 01:48:23 am »

Argh! Oral exam in 2 hours and I'm still sleepy. not to mention the constant coughing and headache.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30221 on: May 19, 2011, 04:13:53 am »

Sigh... I miss Team Fortress 2... that game was so wonderful... once upon a time...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30222 on: May 19, 2011, 06:34:15 am »

Sigh... I miss Team Fortress 2... that game was so wonderful... once upon a time...
What happened to it?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30223 on: May 19, 2011, 06:34:23 am »

It's still wonderful.

I just had a no john you are the demons moment.  I'm always getting mad because fully half the posts in the upper forums are "LOLOLOL USE MAGMA" or "DORF FORTRESS: WHERE MAGMA DORF ELVES ELVES ELEPHANT DORF MAGMA PLEASE SIG ME"

But I'm just as bad.  All of my posts in the upper forums are some variation on "Disregard the health of your dorfs"
Shoes...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30224 on: May 19, 2011, 06:35:20 am »

You advocate the mistreatment of dwarves in a non meme'ish way though
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 ... 8167