Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2012 2013 [2014] 2015 2016 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9478763 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30195 on: May 18, 2011, 10:57:14 am »

D:
Why would you do that!?
The floor was covered in dirt and what appears to be rat shit.
...Why didn't you just cut off the part that touched the ground?
I'd have to slice the bread vertically in half which means I would only get about 1 third of the bread. Probably less because my hands shake a lot when I'm cutting things.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30196 on: May 18, 2011, 11:12:00 am »

I'd have to slice the bread vertically in half which means I would only get about 1 third of the bread. Probably less because my hands shake a lot when I'm cutting things.

So you... threw out that edible third because only a third would be edible?

Ooookay.  That is perfectly logical :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30197 on: May 18, 2011, 11:14:25 am »

Nah, I didn't throw it out because only a third would be edible, I threw it out because at most a third would be edible.  My hands are shaking heaps for somme reason.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #30198 on: May 18, 2011, 11:19:29 am »

bah, 3 second rule. And if not, you could have made toast and killed any germs with heat.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30199 on: May 18, 2011, 11:22:52 am »

bah, 3 second rule.
I'm pretty sure the 3 second rule has been proven to be crap. Oh, yeah. I forgot about toast...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30200 on: May 18, 2011, 11:34:36 am »

Just had the neighbor's dogs jump the fence and maul our chickens.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30201 on: May 18, 2011, 11:35:09 am »

Ooookay.  That is perfectly logical :D

If the edible third (or less) gave him less caloric intake than he'd burn trying to finagle a clean cut, then yeah it makes sense. It's really hard to take a slice of bread and slice it again vertically (and I'm assuming it was sliced bread) without just choppping it to pieces, most of which would be contaminated with dirt, hair and rat feces.

I mean, gods know I'm a proponent of the 5-second rule myself, but it's conditional -- if the floor is nasty and/or I can actually see the debris on the food, then all bets are off.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30202 on: May 18, 2011, 11:38:24 am »

I am so confuzzled... thought we were talking loaves, not slices.

But that makes sense.  I'm the sort of person who has eaten rotten curry the morning before a final, so... yeah >_> <_<

I am dehydrated to the point of nosebleeds.  It isn't my fault, but it's really annoying.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30203 on: May 18, 2011, 12:36:16 pm »

I am dehydrated to the point of nosebleeds.  It isn't my fault, but it's really annoying.
No access to taps or water fountains? Water is really important to concentration, and I stopped sleeping in class after taking a drink of water from the fountains every chance I got. You also lose a cup of water for every hour you're in an air conditioned area like an office or school, so that becomes a problem quickly.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30204 on: May 18, 2011, 12:54:46 pm »

A cup for every hour?  Holy shit, you'd think it'd start raining in an office building by 3 or 4.
Shoes...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30205 on: May 18, 2011, 12:59:29 pm »

Only a cup?

I thought it would be more.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30206 on: May 18, 2011, 01:00:15 pm »

I know California is a horridly dry desert that humans have no business living in and it will only anger the fire gods, but I would think they at least have drinking water.

(Also a cup a hour sounds like bullshit to me, I mean you are suppose to drink like eight cups a day. Eh...)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #30207 on: May 18, 2011, 01:05:16 pm »

I'm sitting at my flight gate, boarding is in 2 hours. I'm just stuck here with my thoughts and my phone, and my experiences from my 45 days at my therapy thing. I realise I have a lot of explaining to do before most people here get what I'm talking about. Worse, I have nothing to do while the plane arrives, and I need to do something.

Other than Janet, I don't think anyone has any idea what's been going on in my life. A month and a half ago, I got academically disqualified. I was spending about 10 hours a day in front of a computer, avoiding work. That disqualification was the last straw for me, I slumped into a pretty bad mood. I thought I was worthless, that my life effectively over. My family thought it would be best if I got sent to an internet addiction program. I didn't disagree. I told everyone I know I was being treated for depression, except for janet who was with me (online) as I found everything out and what was going to happen to me.

I don't think going there was the worst thing for me, it probably was the best, so why am I posting this here?

Well, I found out that my visa was cancelled. I found out that my brothers are drawing up their own plans for what I should do, without letting me know a thing about what was going on. I also miss my friends, and I feel like I need to be able to talk to someone. I feel I need to be listened to as I'm sitting here, about as far as I can be from anyone that I know. I have no idea what's in store for me next, or for the rest of my life.

Anyway, I've been rambling. Sorry, and thanks for listening.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #30208 on: May 18, 2011, 01:35:04 pm »

(Also a cup a hour sounds like bullshit to me, I mean you are suppose to drink like eight cups a day. Eh...)
That's actually something of an urban legend... All 8 cups a day would do to you is send you to the bathroom every hour; most people don't drink nearly that much water. The amount of water you need will vary greatly based on your physical activity, environmental conditions, ect. Just so long as you don't get dehydrated, you'll be fine. If your body wants more water, you will feel thirsty; and assuming you are a relatively healthy individual, unless you are thirsty, you don't need any more to drink.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30209 on: May 18, 2011, 01:36:47 pm »

And also take into account most foods also hydrate you aswell.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 2012 2013 [2014] 2015 2016 ... 8167