Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2010 2011 [2012] 2013 2014 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481043 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30165 on: May 17, 2011, 03:21:39 pm »

http://fakenews.lies/ohio-squid-if-i-need-to-punch-fat-sheriffs-overstepping-their-boundaries-i-will/

In other news, fuck my back hurts.  It must've been one of those rickety-ass wooden roller coasters I rode yesterday.  Shit.  Sitting or lying down after I've been walking around is horribly painful.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 03:24:17 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30166 on: May 17, 2011, 03:24:38 pm »

http://fakenews.lies/ohio-squid-if-i-need-to-punch-fat-sheriffs-overstepping-their-boundaries-i-will/

I hatemildly dislike you because I wrote out a post telling you the link was dead before I got the joke.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30167 on: May 17, 2011, 03:33:03 pm »

snip

Wow, thats bad. I can't believe they were so blind. Its almost like they don't even bother to put any effort into their jobs.

So this is definitely no joke.  The Fourth Amendment has been basically nullified in Indiana.

http://smargus.com/indiana-sheriff-if-we-need-to-conduct-random-house-to-house-searches-we-will/

Give the government an inch and they will take a mile everytime. This does not bode well for us.

Oh yeah before I forget, I still feel horrible  :(
My personality profile.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30168 on: May 17, 2011, 03:56:39 pm »

Have spent roughly 3 of the last 4 hours cleaning up vomit & diarrhea.  Hospital visit in less than two hours :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30169 on: May 17, 2011, 03:59:12 pm »

A girl and I did some resumes and notes for an exam together. I distributed them around. Because I think this ought to be done (I dont like the backstabbing rampant in the faculty), and because I did not think she would take issue (she said the same, yesterday).

Turns out she didn't mean it quite that way. I started spinning the notes around class, and one of the people I sent them to resent them to her.  Now she's angry that I did this. Apparently those particular  notes were something between her and me, and I shouldn't have distributed them without her express permission.

Now I have to figure out a way to mollify her.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30170 on: May 17, 2011, 04:38:01 pm »

It's 7:00 in the morning and I have not slept.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30171 on: May 17, 2011, 04:38:40 pm »

Somebody just showed me how to wirelessly print from a smartphone. This bothers me to no end, because I'm still having trouble adjusting to the notion of a phone being something other than a device you hold beside your head to talk into and listen to.

I can print stuff from my phone to my printer from halfway around the globe. *shrug* Get with the times, man!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30172 on: May 17, 2011, 05:05:12 pm »

I'm gonna have to put my voice up for the "Not all doctor's are like that, man" cause. God knows my psychiatrist and her medicine saved my life.

Have spent roughly 3 of the last 4 hours cleaning up vomit & diarrhea.  Hospital visit in less than two hours :(
Kids ill?
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30173 on: May 17, 2011, 05:17:15 pm »

I just overheard my mother saying that women ALWAYS have harsher penalties directed to them when commiting a crime...

Since I cannot find the WTF thread, I must post it here.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30174 on: May 17, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »

Kids ill?

Yeah.  Just a stomach bug, but a vicious one.  The first couple hours of the day, our two year old was vomiting every few minutes.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30175 on: May 17, 2011, 07:57:25 pm »

Still, must feel pretty bad. I know I get worked up every time my kitten has one of her breath/cough attacks (I lost my last kitten before her first birthday due to some disease, so I guess that increased the worrying a lot), can't imagine how I would feel if it was my kids. Though maybe you get "used" to it after a while - I know I overreact to begin with ;)
Love, scriver~

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30176 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:22 pm »

"Hm, I'm bored, I wonder if there's something interesting in the DF forums..." *click*  Sometime later...

"Hm, I'm bored, I wonder if there's something interesting in the DF forums..." *click*  Sometime later...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30177 on: May 17, 2011, 09:18:51 pm »

the xkcd guy advises to turn off the computer when you feel the compulsion to stop whatever you are doing, in order to avoid that
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30178 on: May 18, 2011, 07:40:20 am »

I'm so damn hungry but there isn't anything to eat!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I wish there was a Pizzatorrent.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30179 on: May 18, 2011, 07:50:58 am »

I'm so damn hungry but there isn't anything to eat!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I wish there was a Pizzatorrent.
An application that allows you to get tiny pieces of dozens of other people's pizzas? Sounds unhygenic.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 2010 2011 [2012] 2013 2014 ... 8167