Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2009 2010 [2011] 2012 2013 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481242 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30150 on: May 17, 2011, 06:57:56 am »

Those doesn't sound related in any way possible whatsoever :P
They aren't.

Also, I need that damn sugar. Can't concentrate without. :/

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30151 on: May 17, 2011, 07:07:06 am »

Urgh.,. can't sleep, again
Forgive me if I'm intruding, but have you considered writing a book to work through your issues?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30152 on: May 17, 2011, 07:09:20 am »

Urgh.,. can't sleep, again
Forgive me if I'm intruding, but have you considered writing a book to work through your issues?

Writing a book about what?
*Hugs*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30153 on: May 17, 2011, 07:31:39 am »

Everything you keep posting about.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30154 on: May 17, 2011, 07:38:45 am »

I'd rather not drag any more memories up..
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30155 on: May 17, 2011, 07:40:53 am »

I'd rather not drag any more memories up..
Eventually you will have to drag them all up and deal with them to finally get over all this, but that is not something anybody can do in this thread. The best help we can grant is giving you a place where you can feel somebody is aware of your problem and is concerned. We may not be able to heal your memories, but we can be here for you buddy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30156 on: May 17, 2011, 07:42:49 am »

That was basically my point. I've know more than a few people who were pretty messed up due to some form of trauma in their past. That was how they dealt with it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30157 on: May 17, 2011, 08:34:47 am »

I'm starting to have concerns for my mental health.

This makes me sad and a bit scared.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30158 on: May 17, 2011, 09:54:10 am »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:15:51 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30159 on: May 17, 2011, 10:35:37 am »

Doctors....can be tremendously wrong sometimes. I mean, we all make mistakes, but it's magnified when it's a health professional, because if they make a mistake, people can die or wind up with serious complications for life.

When I was little, I had this odd skin condition on my face and arms with little whiteheads popping up all over. The first doctor my folks took me to said it was an excess of oil and prescribed this acid stuff that they literally had to pour on me after scouring my skin raw. They literally had to hold me down because I was screaming and flailing. After a month or so of this, they got a second opinion from another dermatologist who told them that it was a normal childhood condition and would go away on its own (which it did). He also supposedly was going to file a complaint with the state board to try and get the first doctor's license taken away. He said if they had kept up using that stuff, it probably would have scarred me for life. Ever since then I've had a strong aversion to any kind of lotion, cream, etc. on my skin. It's just scary that doctors can get things that wrong.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30160 on: May 17, 2011, 11:00:26 am »

Tell me about it. I was originally diagnosed with depression, and placed on 'standard' anti-depressants.

WHOOPS. Ended up I have bipolar disorder (previously known as manic-depressive disorder), and those anti-psychotics I was placed on exacerbated my depression and suicidal tendencies.

Spent quite some time staring suicide in the face. On the brink where split second decisions not to take my own life were a constant struggle over the course of many months. A suicidal person cares not for the normal nuances of living or dying, for they are already in a deep hell within their own mind and creation. My ultimately painful decision to live was more so for friends and family than it was for myself. I was lucky enough to have that clarity of mind and live for them.

I have had friends for whom those feelings of theirs were not enough and took their own lives.

Now, with proper care and mental training, I could not be better, nor much happier - Unless all of societies ills are straightened and all of us sentient beings come to know love.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:05:13 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #30161 on: May 17, 2011, 11:26:26 am »

Yeh. doctors suck. I was almost institutionalized as a teenager because an idiot doctor decided: this kid must have a psychological aversion to going to school and making up his illnesses, cause that is what kids do.

This diagnosis completely ignored the fact that I loved school, because it gave me the chance to get out of the hell that was my home, and because theoretically it was a place I could learn things (if I just ignored the lessons and read at my own much faster pace). They told me right to my face: "all this debilitating pain that you complain of? Its all in your head, you are making it up."

I fought back and eventually a doctor had a rational thought and gave me a CAT scan. Turns out my sinuses were full of polyps and I had had a severe sinus infection for the better part of 6 years. My skull had literally cracked from the pressure in my sinuses and the infection was pretty close to leaking to my brain. Damn right the pain was in my fucking head.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30162 on: May 17, 2011, 01:26:45 pm »

Somebody just showed me how to wirelessly print from a smartphone. This bothers me to no end, because I'm still having trouble adjusting to the notion of a phone being something other than a device you hold beside your head to talk into and listen to.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30163 on: May 17, 2011, 01:31:38 pm »

Hey, not all doctors suck!

I once had reflux so powerful that it had destroyed most of my shirts when it was discharged. I went to several doctors to get it checked and they said "Meh, he'll be fine", but when I went to one doctor, I got a perscription for some medication to permanantly stop it.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30164 on: May 17, 2011, 02:57:44 pm »

So this is definitely no joke.  The Fourth Amendment has been basically nullified in Indiana.

http://smargus.com/indiana-sheriff-if-we-need-to-conduct-random-house-to-house-searches-we-will/
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2009 2010 [2011] 2012 2013 ... 8167