Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2004 2005 [2006] 2007 2008 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486828 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30075 on: May 15, 2011, 08:19:47 pm »

Java is completely broken. I try to install it, it'll download and then start installing and then lock up when it's doing the runtime enviornments. And Unbuntu can't get viruses, so....

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30076 on: May 15, 2011, 08:20:55 pm »

I was talking about vista...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30077 on: May 15, 2011, 08:24:33 pm »

That's probably one of the problems with Vista. There's some weird errors where windows will come up and instead of having Aero theme and working, they have an old blocky theme (like windows office XP), and don't work, really at all. Program files refuses to run stuff and will hide old data from stuff I deleted months ago, you need Admin permissions that don't work; if I try to delete certain programs it will ask for admin permission and I'll say yes because I'm a set admin, and then it will deny the action anyway and won't go through with it.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30078 on: May 15, 2011, 08:25:53 pm »

Install 7.
It's Vista without the shit and, if I remember correctly, an upgraded taskbar.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30079 on: May 15, 2011, 08:27:19 pm »

I would, but 7 costs money, or download time, neither of which I have (working on a 375mb bandwidth here, fucking toasts everything if I stream anything.).

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30080 on: May 15, 2011, 08:28:22 pm »

Vista isn't too bad. And the blocky theme is the classic one, the one used in the 9X series. I've never had any problems with it at all.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30081 on: May 15, 2011, 08:38:23 pm »

Hurngh.

I cannot figure out dual-layer commentary.  At all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30082 on: May 15, 2011, 10:21:28 pm »

Indiana just keeps spiralling.  We recently lost Planned Parenthood.

Now, apparently, police have been given freedom to enter your home for any reason or no reason at all, and there is nothing you can do about it.  You can literally be charged with unlawfully resisting unlawful entry into your home.

At least, that is the claim of this source., which has been called into question.  I will look it up more later and get more details myself.  Or interested parties here will have done some reading on this and commented by the time I get back :P  Should be interesting, regardless.

Also, insert precision anarchist snark here.  Isn't it already anarchy anyway, if people are just doing whatever the hell they want and leveraging their powers against you without honoring limitations and conditions of those powers as given by the very law which grants them those powers?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30083 on: May 15, 2011, 10:31:34 pm »

Schizo bro has some new voices to play with.  He hears imaginary people outside who whisper about him and our house being smelly.  So now he sits in the hallway and sprays lysol into the air.  And this is him ON his meds, which at this point, just keep him from being a violent lunatic.
Can you, like... tell him they're lying? I'm not sure of the whole schizophrenia mindset, but I know my aunt has it from smoking meth (needless to say nobody talks to her anymore) but not how much interaction you have with them and the voices/hallucinations/being batshit crazy (she doesn't hear voices, she's just paranoid and won't take her meds.)
We do try, we insist the voices aren't there, and there's no logical reason for the neighbors to say those things.  Or physically possible way for us to hear them.  He insists with everything he's got that the voices are real and he even said we'll be sorry the day the neighbors come to the door to complain.  This "smelly" phase has been going on for a few months now, he refuses to go outside or in public anymore because he says people whisper about him smelling bad.  He does have a new uncontrollable bowel movement problem, but I'd say that comes from the nervousness of hearing voices that say he smells.  From what I understand, the schizo mindset can pretty much convince him of anything, short of murder and suicide.  The voices did tell him to kill once, and he resisted, which is a start.  But I worry that may be the only limit his mind will allow.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30084 on: May 15, 2011, 10:42:14 pm »

Indiana just keeps spiralling.  We recently lost Planned Parenthood.

Now, apparently, police have been given freedom to enter your home for any reason or no reason at all, and there is nothing you can do about it.  You can literally be charged with unlawfully resisting unlawful entry into your home.

At least, that is the claim of this source., which has been called into question.  I will look it up more later and get more details myself.  Or interested parties here will have done some reading on this and commented by the time I get back :P  Should be interesting, regardless.

Also, insert precision anarchist snark here.  Isn't it already anarchy anyway, if people are just doing whatever the hell they want and leveraging their powers against you without honoring limitations and conditions of those powers as given by the very law which grants them those powers?
Im calling Fourth amendment right there.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30085 on: May 15, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »

It doesn't work like that. For schizophrenics their delirious ideas make perfect sense. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try reasoning with him, mind you. Just that you shouldn't expect much out of it. If you manage to calm him down from time to time, it's an extraordinary achievement.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30086 on: May 16, 2011, 03:27:14 am »

The terraria give away thread made me sad. The sheer number of requests from people that has been inactive for years, or are very new, leads me to think that many of us are willing to lie about our identity to try and grab a $10 game. They would sell their mothers for some digital entertainment! As such, I propose the following three rules be placed.
1. To ensure nobody is using a second account ~ Everybody should be required to publicly supply their full name, address, phone numbers, bank details and pin, medical records, and full nude photo. If somebody objects to this is any way, it is because they are trying to cheat the system and are unable to forge this documentation.
2. To ensure only active accounts stand a chance ~ Anybody falling short of a certain post count should be disqualified. This mark should be 20,000 posts, and there for only ToonyMan qualifies, and should be given all free copies.
3. To ensure only constructive users that contribute to the community count ~ Anybody that qualifies must submit a 15 page fan fiction love story, rated for adults, about their two favourite forumites. Bonus points if one of them is Darvi, and MEGA BONUS DORF BUCKS if both of them are Darvi.

These rules are simple and fair, as everybody is disqualified equally. Except ToonyMan.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30087 on: May 16, 2011, 03:30:55 am »

The terraria give away thread made me sad. The sheer number of requests from people that has been inactive for years, or are very new, leads me to think that many of us are willing to lie about our identity to try and grab a $10 game. They would sell their mothers for some digital entertainment! As such, I propose the following three rules be placed.
1. To ensure nobody is using a second account ~ Everybody should be required to publicly supply their full name, address, phone numbers, bank details and pin, medical records, and full nude photo. If somebody objects to this is any way, it is because they are trying to cheat the system and are unable to forge this documentation.
2. To ensure only active accounts stand a chance ~ Anybody falling short of a certain post count should be disqualified. This mark should be 20,000 posts, and there for only ToonyMan qualifies, and should be given all free copies.
3. To ensure only constructive users that contribute to the community count ~ Anybody that qualifies must submit a 15 page fan fiction love story, rated for adults, about their two favourite forumites. Bonus points if one of them is Darvi, and MEGA BONUS DORF BUCKS if both of them are Darvi.

These rules are simple and fair, as everybody is disqualified equally. Except ToonyMan.
OBJECTION!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30089 on: May 16, 2011, 03:33:33 am »

OBJECTION!
OVERRULED!
DOUBLE OBJECTION!

You can't overrule a double objection!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2004 2005 [2006] 2007 2008 ... 8167