Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487269 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30060 on: May 15, 2011, 05:02:25 am »

Isn't that the reason people live in Europe?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30061 on: May 15, 2011, 05:38:32 am »

My niece was dedicated to God today;
You know, the way you worded this bit makes it sound like something wholly different...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and this other bit: "The service involved a lot of talk about 'giving her back to God'"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:41:35 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30062 on: May 15, 2011, 05:49:04 am »

Being DutchBritish, shouldn't you be happy for a little sun?
Nope. It buuuuurns!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30063 on: May 15, 2011, 05:51:26 am »

I have no idea why, but for some reason I feel very shaky right now. Having trouble typing from it. Hope this isn't a flu or something.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30064 on: May 15, 2011, 05:51:34 am »

Nope. It buuuuurns!
Hehe. You're lucky you don't live in Australia.

Blistering heat all year long. Maybe a short break in winter and autumn.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #30065 on: May 15, 2011, 06:24:37 am »

My niece was dedicated to God today;
You know, the way you worded this bit makes it sound like something wholly different...

and this other bit: "The service involved a lot of talk about 'giving her back to God'"

Hmm. I didn't get any of that out of it; I was irritated enough with the bog-standard, non-violent stuff.

Nope. It buuuuurns!
Hehe. You're lucky you don't live in Australia.

Blistering heat all year long. Maybe a short break in winter and autumn.

Man, have you even been conscious for the past week. Shit's been freezing, it's great.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30066 on: May 15, 2011, 06:26:48 am »

It is rather nice here. 'Because it's cold' is the best reason to dress up. Although getting sick is no fun.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30067 on: May 15, 2011, 12:01:58 pm »

Schizo bro has some new voices to play with.  He hears imaginary people outside who whisper about him and our house being smelly.  So now he sits in the hallway and sprays lysol into the air.  And this is him ON his meds, which at this point, just keep him from being a violent lunatic.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30068 on: May 15, 2011, 12:06:00 pm »

Schizo bro has some new voices to play with.  He hears imaginary people outside who whisper about him and our house being smelly.  So now he sits in the hallway and sprays lysol into the air.  And this is him ON his meds, which at this point, just keep him from being a violent lunatic.
This makes me sad.

It reminds me of my uncle, when he's on meds, he's still insane. Just not violently.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #30069 on: May 15, 2011, 12:34:29 pm »

The track meet yesterday made me sad. It was expected there would be 15-18 mile per hour winds and thunderstorms, but instead we got 85 degree (fahrenheit) weather. And 40 mile per hour winds with 50 mile per hour gusts. I was ranked 9th in the 2 mile (3200m) before the meet, with the top 6 going on to Regionals. I had a possibility of getting there, with how close the 6th through 9th ranked runners were. The only problem: I am 5'10" and only 120 pounds. The windward side of the track was like trying to run through a brick wall. I ended up in 7th, missing Regionals by 10 seconds because the guy in 6th wasn't as tired. (He had a much easier time with the wind.) In addition, the school didn't know if we were having a District or Regional meet, so they stated the lettering policy as 'top 8 in the state qualifying meet' instead of 'top 8 at districts'. I thus only got the 2 points for getting 7th and ended the season one point short of lettering.

Not a good day. At least the yard sale going on to raise money for the Knowledge Bowl team's trip to Nationals raised almost $600.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30070 on: May 15, 2011, 12:43:43 pm »

Can you, like... tell him they're lying? I'm not sure of the whole schizophrenia mindset, but I know my aunt has it from smoking meth (needless to say nobody talks to her anymore) but not how much interaction you have with them and the voices/hallucinations/being batshit crazy (she doesn't hear voices, she's just paranoid and won't take her meds.)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30071 on: May 15, 2011, 04:24:36 pm »

A friend of mine did something very stupid (again) which could have landed him in big trouble, for little gain. I'm beggining to rate his intelligence low indeed
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30072 on: May 15, 2011, 07:33:04 pm »

I've complained about this before, I'm sure, but I will continue to do so. The internet here is sloooooow. Basically you can use it for one thing ever besides loading pages on a forum level of largeness, and, alas, my mom is a fan of Netflix. Accursed University internet has gotten me used to awesomesauce speed.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30073 on: May 15, 2011, 07:35:16 pm »

Java is really broken, so I was looking for my live USB of Unbuntu to nuke all of my windows shit becuase I am completely fed up with this OS (I love the company and support them, but fuuuuuuck, Vista is hard to use. Not as bad as what everybody else has said, but really annoying in the long run.), but I can't find my USB. D:

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30074 on: May 15, 2011, 07:36:39 pm »

What's the problem you're having with it?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 ... 8167