Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1990 1991 [1992] 1993 1994 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498674 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29865 on: May 12, 2011, 09:22:17 pm »

I just realized something horrible. With the money spent thus far on the horribad spiderman broadway musical, SETI could have been funded for the next 3 decades.  :o
a horribad cursed Spiderman musical.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29866 on: May 12, 2011, 09:33:17 pm »

We need to stop this line of discussion.  Armok is pretty much guaranteed to drop in and tell us what's what.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29867 on: May 12, 2011, 09:35:22 pm »

More like "what's" "what".

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29868 on: May 12, 2011, 10:01:41 pm »

Bleh

Feeling discontent, and I can't figure out why. Eating/drinking didn't help, maybe its the humidity. I hate summer. Too hot, too humid, too many people out, my skin burns up, my birthday occurs at summer time, everyone else loves summer, everyone whines about me being in my room... I hate summer. Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

I feel a lil better now. As part of my efforts to brute force myself out of my constant depression I'm going to force myself to go walk in the part tomorrow. Even if it burns and people bother me. Probably going to regret posting this rant later.... Oh well, going to sleep.
My personality profile.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29869 on: May 12, 2011, 10:08:07 pm »

I hate summer. Too hot, too humid, too many people out, my skin burns up, my birthday occurs at summer time, everyone else loves summer, everyone whines about me being in my room...

You know, I've devoted a lot of thought to this matter, and I think the optimum solution would involve a beach chair, a card table, and about thirty feet of extension cord, that way you could set up your laptop outside and people wouldn't get on your case about sequestering yourself in your room all the time. Granted, this is not a perfect solution, as it still leaves the problems of the heat and the glare. I would simply suggest the addition of a beach umbrella and maybe a heavy-duty electric fan , but then people would complain that the setup looks too crazy.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29870 on: May 12, 2011, 10:12:44 pm »

think how much good we could do with all the money we donate to the toad

Whaaaaat? That's already counted as doing good, man. Donations are helping out a cat and its extremely awesome dudepal who gives us free games. What's not good about that?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29871 on: May 12, 2011, 10:14:52 pm »

Not to mention we'd probably have better bang for our buck burning allt he money and hoping aliens see it from space.

I think the goverment should make every 1$ bill into million dollar bills so everyone would be rich.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29872 on: May 12, 2011, 10:15:05 pm »

I also hate summer.  I started writing up a big thing describing how much and why I hate summer, but I decided it would probably risk being too inflammatory.  So I'll just repeat... I really hate summer... and leave it at that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29873 on: May 12, 2011, 10:55:11 pm »

I hate the transition into summer. I love spring, because it is really cool and moist where I live. Fall is wonderfully dry and cool. Winter is delightfully frigid and bone dry. Summer, in the swing of things, is warm and dry. But the transition from spring to summer will often entail ninety degree days with unholy amounts of humidity. I love every temperature really, but for the love of all that is good I can not stand the slightest bit of humidity.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29874 on: May 12, 2011, 11:01:20 pm »

I hate the spring, the fall can sorta suck as well.

High summer and winter are the best. Lucky for me I get a six month winter here.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29875 on: May 12, 2011, 11:05:25 pm »

Dammit Criptfeind. Down here I get like HALF a month of winter at most usually. :<

That made me sad. Guys, your tomatos, to Criptfeind. Because he gave me a sad.

:P
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29876 on: May 12, 2011, 11:07:18 pm »

Janet, you can have my winter. I freaking hate it with a passion.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29877 on: May 12, 2011, 11:11:28 pm »

Most years in Indiana are 3-4 months of mild winter with a couple weeks of real winter mixed in at random.  We'll have awesome snow on the ground maybe 8 days total out of the entire year, and rarely more than 3 days at a time.  Then instead of spring/fall, the weather will kind of waffle back and forth between winter and summer for a month (like seriously 50 F swings in temperature from one day to the next are not uncommon).  The rest of it is fucking unbearable summer trying to destroy me.

This year has actually been pretty good, though.

Edit:  The temperature swings are the worst.  I went out for a long run one early fall starting at around 5 am.  It was low 50's.  I made it back around 9 am.  It was mid-90's.  I honestly thought I was going to pass out and die trying to make it back to my house.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:16:38 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29878 on: May 12, 2011, 11:12:50 pm »

You know what? I will take all your guys winter. First two people to sign up for this get my fall or spring.

We'll have awesome snow on the ground maybe 8 days total out of the entire year

What.

We had like 8 feet of snow for four months here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29879 on: May 12, 2011, 11:13:31 pm »

You know what? I will take all your guys winter. First two people to sign up for this get my fall or spring.

We'll have awesome snow on the ground maybe 8 days total out of the entire year

What.

We had like 8 feet of snow for four months here.

I'll take your fall. I like fall.

Pages: 1 ... 1990 1991 [1992] 1993 1994 ... 8168