Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1980 1981 [1982] 1983 1984 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496314 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29715 on: May 10, 2011, 12:19:33 am »

Preemptive edit: My point about what I had meant got ninja'd by Vector.

And the fact that they voted yes does not "put a negative light on them" from everybody. It just does from many points of view, including mine. I am not saying that I agree with that whole article, but I do think that the law should have been different. I am also mildly sad that they keep making laws that are "package deals," like that they packaged no-public-paying-for-abortions along with redefinition of rape. Yes, it's the oldest damn marketing ploy in the book, but I would hope that the government would be better than that.

And I would still like to see a neutral article on the issue. I just can't be bothered to dig one up, especially with ALL THESE NINJAS FOR THE LOVE OF CARP
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29716 on: May 10, 2011, 12:28:28 am »

Clinton being sexy?

I think I just threw up a bit.

What's the problem?

That she's middle-aged, or that she's got a short haircut?

I'm just going to leave those questions there and let you think about it in the context of all the other stuff I've been ramming down everyone's throats, because I don't have the energy to do anything more today.

In my case, it's more about what I know of her as a person.

then again, I can't find any politicians sexy, for that very reason.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29717 on: May 10, 2011, 12:33:55 am »

In my case, it's more about what I know of her as a person.

then again, I can't find any politicians sexy, for that very reason.

Good man.  I approve.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29718 on: May 10, 2011, 12:44:42 am »

My comment was based more on her as a person than any external attribute(Perhaps being slightly old? just a side detail to the main focus of not being the kind of person I would want to be around), just so we get the original and passing intent of the joke out of the way. It also highlights how silly the whole situation is and the terminology used to define why this was justified.

I'm okay with the ideal of not having images of women printed for some beliefs, but they just went about it the wrong way. Censor her with a burka drawn on, don't use the image, but shopping her out suggests that either she shouldn't be there or she held no importance. So long as there is some admittance to her being in her position seems like enough for me.
 It's kind of an odd place between respecting another persons culture and human rights violations, and where things split between a culture having some sex-specific ideals and maintaining equality at the cost of some harmless customs(Not this custom specifically, but in general).
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29719 on: May 10, 2011, 01:11:28 am »

*nevermind*
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:15:05 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #29720 on: May 10, 2011, 01:14:00 am »

based on a neutral article

Neutral?

While I am not saying which side is right, that article is clearly not "neutral"

Guess what - neither is reality.

Unless it turns out God really is right wing, I'm pretty sure reality doesn't have a political bias.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29721 on: May 10, 2011, 03:33:08 am »

Censor her with a burka drawn on, don't use the image, but shopping her out suggests that either she shouldn't be there or she held no importance.
But that's the whole point, man. The whole "all wimens are prons" thing is just excuses.
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29722 on: May 10, 2011, 04:55:23 am »

I know this may seem very small and not really sad, but I miss the days when you could just buy a game and install it without having to use the internet.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29723 on: May 10, 2011, 05:02:41 am »

I know this may seem very small and not really sad, but I miss the days when you could just buy a game and install it without having to use the internet.
Seconded, I've passed over games because of that.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29724 on: May 10, 2011, 07:20:26 am »

based on a neutral article

Neutral?

While I am not saying which side is right, that article is clearly not "neutral"

Guess what - neither is reality.

Unless it turns out God really is right wing, I'm pretty sure reality doesn't have a political bias.

The photo at the top of the article was unnecessarily included for the purpose of inducing an emotional response from readers, or are you too weak willed and trusting to notice that?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:45:44 am by Angel Of Death »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29726 on: May 10, 2011, 08:38:31 am »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29727 on: May 10, 2011, 08:39:57 am »

Well, I know I'm a prick.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29728 on: May 10, 2011, 08:40:58 am »

Well, I know I'm a prick.
You're not.

Or at least you don't act like one.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29729 on: May 10, 2011, 08:45:38 am »

I wrote an obnoxious Cracked topic embodying the very things they complain about, so I am pretty sure I qualify. Especially since I'm not 100% sure how much of it was satire and how much genuine.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 1980 1981 [1982] 1983 1984 ... 8168