Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1966 1967 [1968] 1969 1970 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493881 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29505 on: May 07, 2011, 02:37:13 pm »

Hit him?

I'm not getting hauled in for assault on top of this.

Also, as previously asserted, he knows aikido and without a swordlike object I'd get my ass handed to me.
i still think Taekwondo is better than aikido.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29506 on: May 07, 2011, 02:39:28 pm »

Yeah. Well, actually its arseholes who are stronger than you.. That and if they are more popular..

Bingo.

He's a skinny white man with a pretty face and a hell of a lot of money.  As his brother told me, he's very desirable on the social hierarchy.  He's not a jock; he's a programmer.

... I can't believe he had the balls to act reproaching when he told me he'd been looking for a damaged girl, as though it were my fault for not magically being fixed and proceeding to fall in love forevarz.  Ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29507 on: May 07, 2011, 02:41:42 pm »

Wait so he expected you to be a broken desperate girl ready to jump on the first guy to hold out his hand? You sure you don't want me to punch him?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29508 on: May 07, 2011, 02:42:26 pm »

Oh god. People like that are the worst people. Ew ew eew eeew.

I'm really sorry Vector. Ugh. This is why I hate the social hierarchy. Its severly unfair to the people below you.. And they dont deserve that.
:-\

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29509 on: May 07, 2011, 02:44:54 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29510 on: May 07, 2011, 02:46:26 pm »

Raging about it is only going to hurt you, Vector. Regardless of the wrongs I do not doubt he commited, you won't ever have peace over this unless you can let go of your anger about it.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29511 on: May 07, 2011, 02:49:11 pm »

Yes you know, let it slide, and then let him continue doing things like that.

Seriously, find a way to bring him down.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29512 on: May 07, 2011, 02:49:31 pm »

Seriously guys? Because the social ladder is a one-dimensional object you can climb only one way?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29513 on: May 07, 2011, 02:50:14 pm »

... I can't believe he had the balls to act reproaching when he told me he'd been looking for a damaged girl, as though it were my fault for not magically being fixed and proceeding to fall in love forevarz.  Ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh.
...Was this the guy trying to apologise?  I don't think he can when he hasn't even begun to understand what he did.  I guess you could try to explain at some point in the future (using a non face to face medium, obviously).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29514 on: May 07, 2011, 02:51:47 pm »

This is why I hate society.
If I were to ever actually start believing this again I would have to kill myself.  I can't see myself being alive any longer with these horribly negative thoughts in my head.  It's already bad as is for my head right now, don't need to make it worse.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29515 on: May 07, 2011, 02:53:31 pm »

Yes you know, let it slide, and then let him continue doing things like that.

Seriously, find a way to bring him down.
I'm not telling anyone to let anything slide, I'm saying that the persistant anger of a person will destroy them and them alone if not reconciled. And I know this from experience. People bullied me for years and years, but the truth of the matter was that regardless of the wrongs they commited against me my rage about it wasn't ever going to help, and would in fact cause the opposite effect. If you don't find peace in life, other people won't even have the chance to destory you because you will have already destroyed yourself.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29516 on: May 07, 2011, 02:56:24 pm »

Hit him?

I'm not getting hauled in for assault on top of this.

Also, as previously asserted, he knows aikido and without a swordlike object I'd get my ass handed to me.

I have several sharp, pointy swordlike objects (okay...they're *swords*) I could mail to you....

Wow. Just wow. Well, I guess that's the male equivalent of the woman who is looking for a "wild male" she can "tame". It's objectification in a very warped sort of way. I guess I'd be like, "Who the hell made you Francis of Assisi, that you think you can 'heal' anybody? Physician, heal thy motherfuckin' self."

EDIT: MSH is right. Been there, done that. In a bad way. Spent pretty much ages 5-17 consumed with hate and revenge, and it did bad things to me. The only thing that finally snapped me out of it was when I finally had someone to care about and didn't want them to get caught in the crossfire of one of the berserk rages I used to go into. Suddenly it was, "Oh shit...I actually need to get a grip."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:02:31 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29517 on: May 07, 2011, 03:12:45 pm »

Yeah. Disregard my advice. Bad advice only hurts people. It doesnt help.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29518 on: May 07, 2011, 03:16:48 pm »

No worries. Everyone has to come to that point in their own way, in their own time. If I had tried to just "let it be" as a little kid...I probably would have wound up with deeper repressed issues. A little rage can be a good thing, a little vicarious plotting that never actually materializes can be cathartic. The trick is to keep it from becoming an obsession and/or having real-world consequences.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29519 on: May 07, 2011, 03:19:52 pm »

Best advice I can offer:  Listen to some angry music while focusing intensely on something productive.  Not a long-term solution, but a good way to work out those energies, so you can eventually think straight again.

As for me:  feeling way too reflective when I need to be productive... going to turn out badly for me at this rate.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1966 1967 [1968] 1969 1970 ... 8167