Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1963 1964 [1965] 1966 1967 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9492472 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29460 on: May 06, 2011, 08:07:10 pm »

Oh believe me, I'm terrible at navigating myself.  I need a targeting reticule to find the right street when hunting for addresses, and have been known to take the wrong highway to get across town.  But instead, I just look at Google Maps before I go anywhere I'm not familiar with and really really hope the address marker is actually where Google says it is (I'd say about 3/4 of the time).
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29461 on: May 06, 2011, 08:09:48 pm »

Google maps hasn't failed me yet. I used to use MapQuest, though. I'm surprised that I never wound up in Mexico.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29462 on: May 06, 2011, 08:22:20 pm »

I wouldn't use it, but my orienteering score is in the negatives. Anybody read 8-Bit Theater? Yeah, I'm almost as bad as BB.

I constantly get lost on the way to class.  Like... constantly.  I'll sometimes go into a midterm 10 minutes late, saying "Sorry, I got lost."  I'll walk out of an elevator, look right, look left, and then say "Wow, I don't know which way to go because this hallway is symmetrical."

On the other hand, the fact that I see things this way is enormously helpful in my mathematical career, so I dun give a darn.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29463 on: May 06, 2011, 08:34:07 pm »

When I was a kid, I continually got lost in my own house. Even though I'd lived there for a few years.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29464 on: May 06, 2011, 08:36:38 pm »

Step one. Decide you want to play something to just relax and explore in. Step two, remember Noctis is perfect for that. Step three, realise it's too small for your resolution to play in a window, and that it wont go into full screen mode so you can't even see if the steam overlay would of worked.

I am a sad.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29465 on: May 06, 2011, 08:45:30 pm »

Step 4: Play DF instead?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29466 on: May 06, 2011, 08:47:54 pm »

Because DF is the answer to everything on this fucking board. Riiighht.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29467 on: May 06, 2011, 08:48:19 pm »

Hey, Janet, Noctis is... a flight simulator?  Is it a sandboxy sort of thing, or is plot involved?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #29468 on: May 06, 2011, 08:48:43 pm »

Blagh, I feel mad at myself for even typing this out. Damned personal self esteem drop spirals.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29469 on: May 06, 2011, 08:50:21 pm »

There's no plot to Noctis.  You just fly around and land on planets and stuff, sandbox style.  It can be pretty relaxing sometimes, although the earthlike planets look like someone vomited technicolor all over your monitor.

And yeah, the window is ridiculously tiny.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29470 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:14 pm »

Sorry for the sarcasm fail. I know you aren't a dorf player, but I couldn't resist.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29471 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:19 pm »

Step one. Decide you want to play something to just relax and explore in. Step two, remember Noctis is perfect for that. Step three, realise it's too small for your resolution to play in a window, and that it wont go into full screen mode so you can't even see if the steam overlay would of worked.

I am a sad.
Play Noctis IV CE.  It has a double resolution mode if that's large enough.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29472 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:41 pm »

I am a sad.
Oolite - runs perfectly on my netbook, but then you get to worry about being shot :D But mods determine how much you get shot.

Blagh, I feel mad at myself for even typing this out. Damned personal self esteem drop spirals.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life consists of suffering. Don't let it get you down - there's much work to be done either way.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29473 on: May 06, 2011, 08:52:10 pm »

Hey, Janet, Noctis is... a flight simulator?  Is it a sandboxy sort of thing, or is plot involved?

It's kinda just look around and see and find nice things. Kinda what I felt like. There's really not much else like it, besides finding weird freaks of nature like the "Landtree" I found on my Minecraft world I genned with the seed "Jynx"

Sorry for the sarcasm fail. I know you aren't a dorf player, but I couldn't resist.

I know it was scarcasm and I was really just attacking the "Lol df" mentality I hate.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29474 on: May 06, 2011, 08:52:43 pm »

Ugh... The usual everything made me sad today..
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 1963 1964 [1965] 1966 1967 ... 8167