Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1948 1949 [1950] 1951 1952 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490465 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29235 on: May 03, 2011, 09:25:37 am »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29236 on: May 03, 2011, 09:54:48 am »

Man, when you live in the Bible Belt....shit like this just doesn't even faze me anymore.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29237 on: May 03, 2011, 10:47:17 am »

I think I'll stay up here for now.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29238 on: May 03, 2011, 10:52:05 am »

So fucked up. All these poor people. I wonder how they're gonna feel on 22th. I hope there won't be too many suicides over it.
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29239 on: May 03, 2011, 10:57:20 am »

I know how I will feel that day -_-

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29240 on: May 03, 2011, 11:03:07 am »

Interesting... what's their reasoning behind the Rapture occurring on May 21st?
In may 21 this year I have my graduation ceremony. Maybe they regard it a miracle that I actually managed to get there.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29241 on: May 03, 2011, 11:37:12 am »

I think I'll stay up here for now.
Naw, come on down amd get you some Jesus! We got every got kind of Jesus you could want! Big Jesus, Baby Jesus, White Jesus, Black Jesus, Kinda-Swarthy-Might-Be-An-Arab-Jesus, Kickass Jesus, Shepherd Jesus, Zombie Jesus.....we even having Patriotic Jesus healing the Liberty Bell.

And thanks to the influx of Hispanic migrants, we have all the Virgin Mary you could ask for too.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29242 on: May 03, 2011, 11:41:05 am »

6'3"

I've smaked my head on more door frames than you've had hot dinners!

The word "smaked" sounds like some combination of "smack" or "smash" and "Bake".

The mental image is pleasing.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29243 on: May 03, 2011, 12:11:41 pm »

*The many Jesii*

Don't forget Aryan Jesus, Jihad Jesus, and Drunk & Bitter Jesus.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #29244 on: May 03, 2011, 12:13:46 pm »

Commando Jesus with kung fu grip and weapon accessory pack.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29245 on: May 03, 2011, 12:14:27 pm »

So fucked up. All these poor people. I wonder how they're gonna feel on 22th. I hope there won't be too many suicides over it.
There won't be, jeez. This isn't the first time it's happened, everyone just moves on a little more cynical and life carries on. There have been hundreds, there will be hundreds more.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29246 on: May 03, 2011, 12:14:52 pm »

You *can* offer to watch their pets, though.
Yeah, because I'm sure that after the rapture people are going to care about the pet they said they watch more then the collapse of society and the disasters occurring.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29247 on: May 03, 2011, 01:09:11 pm »

You *can* offer to watch their pets, though.
Yeah, because I'm sure that after the rapture people are going to care about the pet they said they watch more then the collapse of society and the disasters occurring.

Personally, I'm not seeing why society will collapse. Everything is made in China and supported in India. Neither are going to be all that heavily impacted. And frankly, most people who *think* they're going to be Raptured are guilty of pride, ergo they ain't going nowhere.

My problem with the whole concept of the post-Rapture petsitting thing is twofold:
1. "Hi, you're a heathen who's going to burn in Hell while I'm rejoicing in Heaven. But you seem like a trustworthy nice fellow who likes animals. Would you mind watching my Foofums when I'm gone?"
2. I have issues with an omnipotent, loving God who apparently has a big sign outside the Pearly Gates saying "NO DOGS ALLOWED". What, are they gonna poop on the clouds? Drool all over the angelic choir? What's the rationale here?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29248 on: May 03, 2011, 01:19:29 pm »

2. I have issues with an omnipotent, loving God who apparently has a big sign outside the Pearly Gates saying "NO DOGS ALLOWED". What, are they gonna poop on the clouds? Drool all over the angelic choir? What's the rationale here?

Dogs don't have souls, because if they did, they'd all have to go to hell for violating that commandment about adultery (what with all the leg-humping).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29249 on: May 03, 2011, 01:26:41 pm »

Again, the problem is you have an omnipotent God. He can't give them souls? He can't make a Heaven where the soulless can exist? He can't create illusory simulacrums of one's beloved pets that, while perhaps not truly the same thing, would at least fulfill one's paradisical needs? How about "Doggie Heaven", which is like an adjunct realm for dogs that the Blessed can visit?

It's the basic inability of theology to answer simple, practical questions like this that drove me from the Church in the first place.
To put it another way, the concept of Heaven doesn't stand up well against the sort of intellects that would try to farm mermaids for their valuable bones and colonize Hell itself.  :P

Pages: 1 ... 1948 1949 [1950] 1951 1952 ... 8167