Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493219 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29175 on: May 01, 2011, 10:09:30 pm »

*adjusts hand for Vector's height compared to his*
You're still tall though as a adult.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29176 on: May 01, 2011, 10:10:58 pm »

I'm 5'3" tops.

I've also been mistaken for a professor (by both students and random adults met elsewhere) recently and regularly get ma'amed or expected to have conversations about The Good Old Days When We Grew Up Without Cell Phones.

Hmm.  Female.  Unusual.  Indeterminate age.

Ladies and gentlemen, behold Vector's secret!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29177 on: May 01, 2011, 10:44:44 pm »

I feel really bad for the first guy to be on the receiving end of my dice karma comeuppance.  I am going to kill everyone on his team, and I am going to love it.

And I'm not going to say sorry or say I feel bad, because nothing hurts worse when you're getting splattered than having the guy doing it say sorry as he uses goes out of his way to knock one of your four remaining guys off the pitch.

I also never want to see another orc ever again in the rest of my life.  I am sick of playing against orcs.

I also wish my rage centers worked like normal people.  I can't get angry over big things.  People have done some terrible things to me and I just shrugged and said "It's cool man."  Things that don't matter, though, make me spit blood.  I shouldn't care about htis game.  I should know that losses aren't the end of the world, and to keep going but fuck do I get angry about insignificant stuff.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:49:01 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29178 on: May 01, 2011, 10:52:36 pm »

Well I bought No More Heroes today... and uh.

I don't like it o_O

Maybe it's because the resolution on my TV is so awful or I'm too worried about my mother randomly coming downstairs just in time for the pixelated blood splatters, but I'm just not enjoying myself o_O

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29179 on: May 01, 2011, 10:58:57 pm »

Well I bought No More Heroes today... and uh.

I don't like it o_O

Maybe it's because the resolution on my TV is so awful or I'm too worried about my mother randomly coming downstairs just in time for the pixelated blood splatters, but I'm just not enjoying myself o_O
What? As a game for the wii, its fucking badass, something is wrong with you bro.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29180 on: May 01, 2011, 11:06:32 pm »

I'm 5'3" tops.

I've also been mistaken for a professor (by both students and random adults met elsewhere) recently and regularly get ma'amed or expected to have conversations about The Good Old Days When We Grew Up Without Cell Phones.

Hmm.  Female.  Unusual.  Indeterminate age.

Ladies and gentlemen, behold Vector's secret!

Sorry, man. There's no giant eagles in that link, nor intense amounts of hair and mathematics paraphernalia.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29181 on: May 01, 2011, 11:11:47 pm »

*adjusts hand for Vector's height compared to his*
You're still tall though as a adult.

... I am?  I was only two inches shorter, maybe, when I started middle school...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29182 on: May 01, 2011, 11:16:03 pm »

You're two inches taller than me, Vector, and I'm a shark-punchin' munchkin...er...extremely competent martial artist. Yeah.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29183 on: May 01, 2011, 11:22:46 pm »

You are, however, 13 inches shorter than me, but I am a cloud-scraping giant, by the standards of anybody who hasn't been repeatedly told that they would excel at basketball no matter how much of a lie that is goddamn it. fog is clouds right
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29184 on: May 01, 2011, 11:32:15 pm »

I'm bigoted to most Americans.

This deeply saddens me as I try to be bigoted to none.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29185 on: May 01, 2011, 11:32:40 pm »

You're two inches taller than me, Vector, and I'm a shark-punchin' munchkin...er...extremely competent martial artist. Yeah.

Yeah, but I'm a little bit shorter than the adult female average >_>  ALSO I HAVE A BIGGER HEAD THAN EITHER OF MY PARENTS.  How did this happen?  I have no idea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29186 on: May 01, 2011, 11:38:31 pm »

Obviously, it's to accommodate your voracious appetite for braaaainz knowledge.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #29187 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:14 am »

I got mistaken for a 12-year-old again.
umm, where?
On the street.  I was walking with my mom, she found some free stuff on the curb and when the previous owner talked about its details she asked me if I attended [local middle school].  When I didn't immediately say yes, she went for [local high schools].
You can get cheap tickets at movie theaters, I hope you know. I get this effect sometimes still, though not as often. I look roughly the same as I have for four years or so, just taller. Not wider, though. I shave every morning, but apparently after I do that I look like an 8th-grader to a lot of people. Fortunately I'm planning on bearding it up someday, so that might stop. (Unless the 8th graders don't stop with the steroids.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29188 on: May 02, 2011, 12:13:50 am »

You can get cheap tickets at movie theaters, I hope you know. I get this effect sometimes still, though not as often. I look roughly the same as I have for four years or so, just taller. Not wider, though. I shave every morning, but apparently after I do that I look like an 8th-grader to a lot of people. Fortunately I'm planning on bearding it up someday, so that might stop. (Unless the 8th graders don't stop with the steroids.)

Hmm... I've gained quite a bit of weight (used to be so thin that people thought I was literally starving to death, so about 40 pounds, especially because I'm not in tip-top shape--I expect to lose about 5 or so when I'm doing better) and my facial structure has really changed, but apparently not enough that I can't be mistaken for someone much younger than I am.  I can tell the difference, but I suspect random people on the street wouldn't be able to if I pitched my voice up (I'm basically a tenor.  Let's be honest, here) and performed appropriate de-aging body language/word usage.

Yeah... I definitely get treated like a little girl sometimes.  It's kind of bizarre.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29189 on: May 02, 2011, 01:07:09 am »

Due to circumstances i had no internet access for the entire weekend.

I AM FUCKING ANXIOUS!!!

Also, because my iPod is broken, my only source of "entertainment" was german TV. D:

Good news is they broadcasted the Princess Bride. The bad news is that I missed the best scene.
Again.

I need a new effing screen!
Pages: 1 ... 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 ... 8167