Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1942 1943 [1944] 1945 1946 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493988 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29145 on: May 01, 2011, 06:40:13 pm »

... My browser just reset and ate my post.  I'll reply in a while.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29146 on: May 01, 2011, 07:09:21 pm »

Someone was talking about the browser game, Alter Ego, which I never heard of before, so I went to check it out.

After an hour or so of playing, I exit when I find myself getting increasingly depressed at the fact that my life doesn't even remotely resemble the normal life the game attempts to portray.

I didn't get tortured to death in a van, atleast.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29147 on: May 01, 2011, 07:11:36 pm »

Well I would guess the game itself is very broad in ambition and they couldn't get every single life choice in dammit.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29148 on: May 01, 2011, 07:14:38 pm »

Alter Ego's kinda fun but EXTREMELY annoying at times.

Especially when it accuses you of being an attention whore when you choose the depressed or suicidal mood.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29149 on: May 01, 2011, 07:20:13 pm »

I'd like to suggest that people respect Vector's repeatedly stated wishes, and get off the subjects all were asked multiple times to get off of. If nothing else, consider it courtesy.

To rerail, I'm realizing that a lot of my friendships are leaving me feeling burned out and emotionally tired. I enjoy some of the things we do together, and I have no problem playing along with the faux hostility to a point, but something about dealing with it in bulk, and at length just sucks the energy right out of me. I get frustrated by the immaturity sometimes, the veneer of intolerance that they pass for humor (clearly it's funny to insult other races/religions, because they actually don't believe what they say), and trying to have a serious discussion only to get a pointedly inane and stupid response (because pretending to be stupid, and repeatedly interrupting me with non-sequitur insults is also funny, because again it isn't serious).

I like my friends, and I don't want to come across as though I don't, but frankly I'm getting tired of the way we relate. I don't know how to address it without sounding like I have a tremendous stick crammed up my arse either. Bleh.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29150 on: May 01, 2011, 07:27:24 pm »

If you need a vent or someone to talk more reasonable with I know you put me on steam recently. I know the feeling, it's infuriating.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29151 on: May 01, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »

Someone was talking about the browser game, Alter Ego, which I never heard of before, so I went to check it out.

After an hour or so of playing, I exit when I find myself getting increasingly depressed at the fact that my life doesn't even remotely resemble the normal life the game attempts to portray.

I didn't get tortured to death in a van, atleast.

Alter Ego is a browser game now? That explains why I didn't remember a lot of the outcomes people were talking about.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29152 on: May 01, 2011, 07:45:20 pm »

If you need a vent or someone to talk more reasonable with I know you put me on steam recently. I know the feeling, it's infuriating.
I need Vector on Steam too.  :[

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29153 on: May 01, 2011, 07:50:45 pm »

I was actually talking to Solifuge. I'm not sure if I'm exactly the kind of person that Vector would enjoy talking to.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29154 on: May 01, 2011, 08:05:41 pm »

Both of them on Steam would be neato.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29155 on: May 01, 2011, 08:48:23 pm »

I'm not sure if it's legit to post this at this point but seriously guys there's a difference between "I don't want people to tell me I'm wrong about who I am based on naught but their understanding of their own lives" and "I don't want to talk about it at all", and I'm getting the feeling the former is what would be ideal and the latter is seeming like it might turn out to be the necessary evil to accomplish the first since people apparently won't stop trying to "correct" her self-image out of a misguided desire to be helpful, or at least won't stop giving the impression that that's the case. Also I'm starting to feel like kind of a jackass for posting like this, and I'm not sure why. Presumptuousness on my part, maybe? I think I'll probably give it a rest for a while, considering that the best I can really hope to be is redundant to what Vector's posting.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29156 on: May 01, 2011, 08:48:41 pm »

I heard a man's jaw breaking and I can not get the sound out of my head ._.

So... horrible :s

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29157 on: May 01, 2011, 08:49:28 pm »

I heard a man's jaw breaking and I can not get the sound out of my head ._.

So... horrible :s
I hope it's not too painful for you to recall, but where and why did you hear it?

Was it a fight on TV where someone got kicked in the head?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29158 on: May 01, 2011, 08:59:39 pm »

It was on tv, yes. It was a guy that grabbed another guy by the back of the head, and with his other hand, forced his jaw backwards into his skull very slowly and you could hear it breaking under the pressure at several different points.

Ninjaedit: Also the blood dribbling/bubbling out of his mouth didn't help.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29159 on: May 01, 2011, 09:01:42 pm »

I assure you, the sound of someone's jaw breaking is really nothing to flinch at IRL. Generally speaking, it's not even something you really hear.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1942 1943 [1944] 1945 1946 ... 8167