Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1925 1926 [1927] 1928 1929 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437951 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28890 on: April 27, 2011, 02:11:52 pm »

If he actually makes it to the primaries, then the voting system is completely broken and useless.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28891 on: April 27, 2011, 02:21:19 pm »

Also

:-[

Man, that's rough. Funny, but rough. Especially having been unemployed just a couple of years ago.

If he actually makes it to the primaries, then the voting system is completely broken and useless.

Umm...what? If he makes the primaries, then it means nobody's voted yet. I think you mean "if he makes it to the general election". In which case, I would just suggest that it means that the Republican Party is broken and useless. Actually, I've been saying that for years now....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 02:25:43 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28892 on: April 27, 2011, 02:36:13 pm »

I did some reflection the other day, and I have to say that while High school were the worst years of my life, I think I can forgive nearly everyone involved. All my classmates, who teased me and secluded me, whom I beat my head against a wall and bent over backwards trying to please to become a part of the normal group, were, in retrospect, not at all as worthy of blame as my younger self had attributed to them. They were just kids my age, who had the benefit of not having an extremely violent upbringing, and enjoyed life acting as such.

I can forgive the scores of incompetent counselors, all assigned to 'help' me, but would only succeed in making me feel more alienated and alone than I originally came in. I was a stone to these people, I would refrain from telling them even the most remote detail of my life, for fear they were in the school's pocket and would enact retribution on me. I can't blame them for attempting their job, even if it's a miserable attempt.

I can forgive my teachers, who would perform their duties at above perfunctory levels, and I learned from them things I would forget only a few years later. They were always genial and friendly, even if it was of no use to me and my more troubling problems.

The only person I can't forgive is my HS Principal, who, even in retrospect, was an irredeemable asshole. Whenever I had a problem, Mr. Principal was guaranteed to stick his nose in and exacerbate my pithy of emotions. I had quite a lot of mental and emotional problems, and the truly incorrigible prick, not taking even the slightest clue, would only threaten and punish me whenever a problem would arise from my instability. I can’t recall the number of times I had been called into his office, only to be browbeaten and lectured, to have my psyche falsely analyzed and pathologically construed. The very person who’s job it was the oversee the students, purposefully blunted my every attempt to seek help, and ostracize me whenever I would snap. Then pat himself on the back for his good job.

I think I can safely say that my life back then could have been improved, had he not been the despicable human being that he was, and offer me help instead of condemnation.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28893 on: April 27, 2011, 02:38:41 pm »

The above post reminded me of my primary school years.

There wasn't a day I was not bullied. The school didn't give a shit about what happened and the bullies got off scot free.

The bullying was only physical about 4 times. The kids quickly learned never to fuck around with me physically.

[EDIT] I feel sorry for JoshuaFH.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:21:21 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28894 on: April 27, 2011, 02:51:16 pm »

I've been feeling really insignificant this week so far, really doesn't help going to sleep.  I also keep doing all these boring things that are just completely uninteresting during school.  It's actually getting so bad I am purposely getting in trouble so I don't die of lacking stimuli.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28895 on: April 27, 2011, 03:18:59 pm »

Fuck, the touchscreen of my iPod definitely broke just now.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28896 on: April 27, 2011, 03:22:49 pm »

I'm thinking about buying an electric guitar but I don't know how much the average one costs and I don't know if there's any difference in sound between brands. Also, I don't know how much amplifiers cost.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28897 on: April 27, 2011, 03:52:26 pm »

Umm...what? If he makes the primaries, then it means nobody's voted yet. I think you mean "if he makes it to the general election". In which case, I would just suggest that it means that the Republican Party is broken and useless. Actually, I've been saying that for years now....
Yes, I'd meant the general election. I get that and the primaries mixed up a lot.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #28898 on: April 27, 2011, 03:59:18 pm »

I whent to some therapy today and now I finally realized. Lots of my "crushes" aren't real... I'm just so afraid to lose friends I'm desperate to make them want to hang around with me.

My god I just feel so terrible now. I feel better knowing that I can stop this now but... Damage is already done...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28899 on: April 27, 2011, 04:19:13 pm »

I know that feeling, or at least something like it.. I don't know if it will help, but perhaps think about all the times in the future where such damage will not be done? Thinking in that way sometimes help me feel better whenever I go into one of those "it's too late, changing myself is too hard, things will never get better and I will always be miserable and alone" moods. Trying to focus on what can be and what you can do instead of what has been done.
Love, scriver~

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28900 on: April 27, 2011, 04:21:41 pm »

I'm thinking about buying an electric guitar but I don't know how much the average one costs and I don't know if there's any difference in sound between brands. Also, I don't know how much amplifiers cost.
Unless you're already quite good, buy the very cheapest of each. It is easy to wreck one or the other.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28901 on: April 27, 2011, 06:26:12 pm »

That is not a good look on her if you tell her "I love you" :(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28902 on: April 27, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »

Maybe a bit soon?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28903 on: April 27, 2011, 06:38:50 pm »

Maybe a bit soon?
Probably, seem fine though as she wanted to be near me all the time.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28904 on: April 27, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »

Feeling sick as hell. No fun, and it happened so quick too.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1925 1926 [1927] 1928 1929 ... 8167