Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1920 1921 [1922] 1923 1924 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443155 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28815 on: April 25, 2011, 10:42:13 pm »

Vector, dear, take a deep breath, and realize that you'll be the same as you were before. If anyone gives you crap about it, just say, "Yeah, I was that way when you were my friend/lab partner/whatever, too, and you seemed to have no problem with it then."

Either that, or tell people that you have amazing mutant powers and will eye laser them if they talk back.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28816 on: April 25, 2011, 10:43:46 pm »

Vector, dear, take a deep breath, and realize that you'll be the same as you were before. If anyone gives you crap about it, just say, "Yeah, I was that way when you were my friend/lab partner/whatever, too, and you seemed to have no problem with it then."

Either that, or tell people that you have amazing mutant powers and will eye laser them if they talk back.

But if I am wrong, I will be lying D:

It is not about people giving me crap.  I can dish out SO much more crap than they might think to give me.  SO MUCH CRAP.  But I do not want to lie to anyone, because that would be horrible.  auuuuuugh

*deeeeeep breath*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28817 on: April 25, 2011, 10:48:23 pm »

Am I the only self-styled (albeit retired) manwhore in these forums?

You have seen the people who frequent this place, right?  To a man, not a chance in Hell.

I dunno, bro, Barbar has his babyface. With that innocent boyish look, he could be a real ladykiller. I would also mention Pandar, Kael (although he's not a likely candiate. Har har,) and Lord Dullard.
The stories I could tell... from before monk times.

I'm diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Hi! <3

I was seriously thinking about starting a Bay12 thread for those with such and such, and then I realised we all have them - even if not diagnosed. ;)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28818 on: April 25, 2011, 10:49:14 pm »

Okay, thanks for clarifying. Look at it this way instead: You're giving them, within a reasonable certainty, the best data you have available. That's not a lie. That's the closest thing to the truth that there really is. All of science is founded on that one premise: evidence. So, go with the evidence you have, and if the evidence changes later, you alter the way you look at it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28819 on: April 25, 2011, 10:51:30 pm »

Herro Kael <3

@Zero: Yes, I am giving them the best data available, but it still might be incorrect.  That would be Very Bad.  One inconsistency in the chain breaks the universe aaaaahhhh

This is part of why I wound up being diagnosed with this in the first place.  I don't really know what's come over me.  Anyway, I am just going to do my best.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28820 on: April 25, 2011, 10:52:45 pm »

Kael!

How's the monking business?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28821 on: April 25, 2011, 10:53:17 pm »

Am I the only self-styled (albeit retired) manwhore in these forums?

You have seen the people who frequent this place, right?  To a man, not a chance in Hell.

I dunno, bro, Barbar has his babyface. With that innocent boyish look, he could be a real ladykiller. I would also mention Pandar, Kael (although he's not a likely candiate. Har har,) and Lord Dullard.
The stories I could tell... from before monk times.

I'm shocked. Mostly that you didn't jump on the candidate joke I set up. Not the manwhore thing. You're a pretty good lookin' fellow.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28822 on: April 25, 2011, 10:54:42 pm »

Hum. I think my cat may be sick. If so I most likely gave it to him.

He is very cuddly, and he is wiping his runny nose on my arm.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28823 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:55 pm »

Vector, kick ass on your presentation, we all know you can! Anyway, to put this thing back on rails, I am sad that I am compelled to sleep. G'night, all.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #28824 on: April 25, 2011, 10:57:47 pm »

My connection just isn't good enough for Mabi anymore.

Wah....
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28825 on: April 25, 2011, 10:58:48 pm »

My connection just isn't good enough for Mabi anymore.

Wah....

Replace Mabi with every single online game I want to play, and you sum up my gaming life.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28826 on: April 25, 2011, 10:59:04 pm »

@Vector: Got to be true to yourself before you can be true to anyone else. You got this. :) Just remember to breathe.

@Acanthus117: I came back from Japan. I'm personally well. Few more weeks - been busy, busy monk.

@MaximumZero: Bro-love right back atcha.

@Criptfeind: D:

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28827 on: April 25, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »

That's good to hear, man.

Sometimes, I wonder if I should become a man of the fold, but then I realize I don't have the willpower or the faith to do so.

That made me sad.

Honestly, I'm so fucking jealous of all those religious guys, the kind who are kind and understanding and have unwavering faith. Mine's shoddy as fuck, so you could probably classify me as one of those chaps who run around like a headless chicken questioning everything because he's scared of oblivion but isn't sure if God/s exist. When it comes to religion, anyways.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28828 on: April 25, 2011, 11:09:38 pm »

I'm not religious in the slightest. I am glad that my "religion" is not just a philosophy for speculation, but a practice, a means of living to reduce my and other people's suffering in the world.

I actually am a terrific blaspheming baby-eating atheist. I will probably volunteer at Planned Parenthood this summer given what I heard while serving as a monk.

Develop your own discipline: willpower, faith/or lack thereof, and good will follow wherever you go. :)

PS: Love is the most important part of "religion". Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:12:44 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28829 on: April 25, 2011, 11:11:13 pm »

Also study philosophers.
You're bound to find someone you agree with and can base your beliefs off of.
Pages: 1 ... 1920 1921 [1922] 1923 1924 ... 8167