Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449938 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28605 on: April 23, 2011, 06:54:10 am »

His post is "valid" regardless of whether or not your 7 is genuine. I think that's what he meant.
Love, scriver~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28606 on: April 23, 2011, 06:57:58 am »

Regardless of what?

Regardless of how genuine it is, how did you get such a message? I know a few people running cracked windows 7 who enjoy it's full features.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28607 on: April 23, 2011, 07:00:06 am »

Outdated crack, maybe.
Especially with something that updates on a semi-regular basis, like Vindose.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28608 on: April 23, 2011, 07:10:47 am »

Will my PC not work if I leave the not genuine thing?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 07:19:09 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28610 on: April 23, 2011, 07:39:43 am »

I know what happened.

It's that update with the fucked up validation checker. It managed to install itself.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28611 on: April 23, 2011, 08:16:32 am »

Doesn't sound right, never seen any Microsoft updates sucking that up. Try a repair install and tell me what happens.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28612 on: April 23, 2011, 08:19:52 am »

Doesn't sound right, never seen any Microsoft updates sucking that up. Try a repair install and tell me what happens.
I don't have my disk. I'm afraid I cannot.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28613 on: April 23, 2011, 09:04:10 am »

Well, my internet connection seems to have broken down. The modem's on, and it's connected, bit none of the computers seem to be able to connect to it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28614 on: April 23, 2011, 09:05:35 am »

Now it's my turn to ask that question: How're you posting then? :P

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28615 on: April 23, 2011, 09:53:56 am »

Now it's my turn to ask that question: How're you posting then? :P

THEN WHO WAS MODEM?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28616 on: April 23, 2011, 10:41:39 am »

My stomach has been acting up the whole day, i'm hungry but if i take a bite of something i feel like i will throw up, i haven't eaten much today because of that, and the house is full of tasty stuff that was made or bought because of easter, oh yeah there is also a gig tonight i plan to go to, i have a feeling i will have trouble standing
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28617 on: April 23, 2011, 11:09:05 am »

Massively bad nightmares.  I don't even know why.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28618 on: April 23, 2011, 12:44:14 pm »

Damn my bleeding heart.
I won't say what made sad, because it's so ridiculous I'm ashamed to admit it. Just want to mention it made me sad.
Love, scriver~

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28619 on: April 23, 2011, 12:57:52 pm »

Mainly, I'm making this sad post to state my dissatisfaction with myself and possibly the world.
Take a chance.  Talk to someone.  I can't make any recommendations as to whom or how to go about it, but find someone to have deep, personal conversations with.  You'll learn a lot about yourself and the more people you do this with, the more faith you will have in people.  I can't say that I've ever felt the way you describe, but I definitely know what it's like to be dissatisfied with people.  When you look at the big picture, it's really really depressing.  It's easy to fall into a void.  The thing that has always kept me going is a find an outlet for those thoughts.  I find ways to regularly connect with new people in personal settings where I lay out my thoughts to the limits of my comfort.  If you can get a person speaking honestly in a serious conversation without social pressures to influence their thoughts, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that is truly a bad person without positive qualities... and I hope you'll feel better... it works for me, anyway.  I think I've been getting depressed lately partially because I haven't done this in a while.
It's not that I'm dissatisfied with people, people are who they are.  I'm dissatisfied with the thought that my "real life" will continue on being completely mundane in this world.  Completely mundane.  I'm following the life book quite literally and on the outside my progress is really stellar from where I started off, which I might share one time when I'm in a bad mood.  I feel pretty content right now because I just woke up recently, but who cares?  We're going to have an Easter party at my Grandma's today for some reason (Easter's tomorrow), but who cares?  Almost everybody I know who's coming I don't even like.  I'll probably converse with the people I do like in the basement and maybe I'll laugh at something.  I do seem to laugh when I'm in a more public setting with people I'm comfortable with.  Although I feel like I'm just putting dressing on the salad if you know what I mean.
Am I suppose to be emotionally shunted?  I had Spring Vacation this week, woo-hoo!  No I don't feel anything at all, maybe I should be a front-line soldier.  I could make my life more exciting, but nothing sounds enjoyable or feasible for my position.  I enjoy cooking at home by myself and watching/reading manga/shows/VNs on the computer, and people might tell me to "find something new", but to be honest I wouldn't want to do anything else.  Doing stuff on the computer is probably the only thing keeping me alive.  If this was the 80's or 90's I would have read all the books.  I should have saw my love of fiction sooner and I'm sad I didn't really get into it until I was around 15.  But at least now I can dull the pain of dullness with mild enjoyment and possibly even enjoyment (that means actually smiling).
Going to school actually kinda helps me forget.  When I get a week off like this I get a lot of time to think and thinking is bad for me, except when I'm solving a murder case.  Funny enough at school people seem to think I'm doing a lot better than when I started, which is nice to hear.  I definitely laugh a lot more in school, mostly because since I'm in such a public setting I can enjoy myself more.  I stopped hating people around 15 years old too.  There's no reason to hate somebody or people who do a certain thing.  They seem to be enjoying themselves anyway.  Last day I was in school I was on a field trip and it was pretty enjoyable.  People think I'm really funny, but most of my jokes are really out of hatred of my life.
When I said talking to my brother was an option, I didn't mean anything personal.  Although I guess talking about my interests is enjoyable, since he'll do the same back to me ha ha ha.  I should stop trying to look smart.  I'm not smart.  Smart people know how to be happy.  I hate using words that question somebodies intentions or intellect.  It makes me feel like a jerk for some reason.  I guess I should stop talking now because my topic is getting kinda fuzzy as I go along, so farewell for now.
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 8167