Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1891 1892 [1893] 1894 1895 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455008 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28380 on: April 19, 2011, 07:10:35 pm »

Well Acanthus made a Touhou thread in other games too. So I guess that one is free to use. Though honestly I think it should be a GD thread because of the focus on other works too. Like the music and comics and things.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I think it'd also cut down on a large amount (?) of the shitposting in the Happy thread.  I like Touhou, too, but I feel like there's been a lot of off-topic discussion in that vein over there, so maybe its own thread in GD would help.

Not starting it, though, because it seems like the sort of thing I'd lurk.  I'll leave that to someone else.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28381 on: April 19, 2011, 07:12:44 pm »

It would seem my graphics card may be on its way out.  :'(
Spoiler: For Example (click to show/hide)
Both of my previous dead graphics cards screwed up everything on the screen, so there may be hope. Does it do that with every graphical program?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28382 on: April 19, 2011, 07:13:06 pm »

I would be immensely pleased if we could contain all the loltouhou's in a dedicated touhou thread.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28383 on: April 19, 2011, 07:20:57 pm »

I would be immensely pleased if we could contain all the loltouhou's in a dedicated touhou thread.
Is it still a lol if its ontopic?
Dedicated topics are still good, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28384 on: April 19, 2011, 07:23:22 pm »

God this irc stuff is so I don't know. I can't handle it.

I think I'm gonna stay on here too, in addition to the other forum. I mean they're cool guys but the IRC scene is not my scene.

Most of you guys are cool too, whatever they say.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #28385 on: April 19, 2011, 07:24:24 pm »

Honestly even a Touhou topic should have no Tohoulolol. I'd like to think we can discuss it in a way that doesn't make us look like a bunch of weirdos.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #28386 on: April 19, 2011, 08:24:59 pm »

It would seem my graphics card may be on its way out.  :'(
Spoiler: For Example (click to show/hide)
Both of my previous dead graphics cards screwed up everything on the screen, so there may be hope. Does it do that with every graphical program?
It's mostly the sporadic nature of it. As if someone attached a DF cat pressure-plate random number generator setup to decide whether it will bug out at any given moment. Scrolling down a web page, for example, parts of it may corrupt like that while others are fine, the whole thing might corrupt, the act of scrolling itself will typically clear the previous artifacts or generate new ones. Sometimes it just randomly cuts all output to the screen (as in no input detected by the monitor), graphics driver will crash and (usually) recover quite frequently, in the process affecting the entire screen. I did a clean install of graphics drivers this afternoon to no avail, so it's a hardware problem somewhere.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28387 on: April 19, 2011, 08:25:18 pm »

Honestly even a Touhou topic should have no Tohoulolol. I'd like to think we can discuss it in a way that doesn't make us look like a bunch of weirdos.

But we are a bunch of weirdos! D:

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28388 on: April 19, 2011, 08:26:44 pm »

Huh, when did you remember acquiring the graphics cards Always?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #28389 on: April 19, 2011, 08:32:09 pm »

September of 08 or 09. nvidia 9800gtx+ is the model of it; got it when the nvidia's 280's were top of the line and 9800's were second (at least as far as nvidia cards).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28390 on: April 19, 2011, 08:33:48 pm »

Also, its a dozen pretty-looking scrolling shooters filled with nothing but girls, but for a single exception. Even trying to describe it starts sounding weird quickly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:41:05 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28391 on: April 19, 2011, 08:34:26 pm »

September of 08 or 09. nvidia 9800gtx+ is the model of it; got it when the nvidia's 280's were top of the line and 9800's were second (at least as far as nvidia cards).
Theres some old tech i haven't seen for a while. Yea sounds like you finally killed it, can get some cheap ones now for 50 bucks online.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28392 on: April 19, 2011, 08:34:58 pm »

I think I had something similar that died while playing Minecraft.

If you can't manage a fix and you get a new one try baking it in an oven. It apparently sometimes works.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28393 on: April 19, 2011, 08:35:41 pm »

Take a can of compressed air to its heat sink.  >.>
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28394 on: April 19, 2011, 08:39:48 pm »

Also, its a dozen+ pretty-looking scrolling shooters filled with nothing but girls, but for a single exception. Even trying to describe it starts sounding weird quickly.

It actually is a dozen now.
The first game is Danmaku Arkanoid.
Which means no flying, which means no scrolling.
Pages: 1 ... 1891 1892 [1893] 1894 1895 ... 8167