Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488304 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28215 on: April 19, 2011, 04:15:10 am »

Of course, this accusation makes it easier to live in denail, to discard the arguments without even giving them a thought.

I'm still not following; I'm a bit tired; lack of sleep. What accusation, and what arguments?
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28216 on: April 19, 2011, 04:21:09 am »

*sigh*
I wish it hadn't been deleted it.
There's no way I can recreate it, without sounding dumb. I'm not eloquent, or structured enough for this.
It would be disrespectful to the people that got banned over it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28217 on: April 19, 2011, 04:28:41 am »

Again, I saved backups of the entire argument. Firstly this was to create a metathread for discussion of the state of the forum, and reasonably address the issues people seem to be getting upset about in one organized place. Secondly, in the event that the dung hit the windmill, and something like this happened.

I wanted to wait for Tarn's response to the goings on to decide whether the metathread would be warranted. At this point, I'm thinking so.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28218 on: April 19, 2011, 04:35:30 am »

Also, I've been told that the posts haven't been deleted.
However I'm too tired to check myself...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28219 on: April 19, 2011, 04:37:45 am »

They haven't been deleted afaik.

two pages back.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28220 on: April 19, 2011, 04:38:40 am »

Actually, the argument starts at page 1845. Well, at least I think that's where it is.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28221 on: April 19, 2011, 04:39:10 am »

I pity the fool who still uses the 15 ppp format.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28222 on: April 19, 2011, 04:45:38 am »

I believe it kinda went happy thread - rage thread - sad thread.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #28223 on: April 19, 2011, 04:46:47 am »

I believe rage was first. There was a discussion there, Janet didn't like it, locked the happy thread, there was much arguing, it wandered into the sad thread, Toady got involved.

EDIT: To be more on topic.

It's not really something that makes me sad, but I don't really know where else to put it. I look at people in high school and think "Wonder if they're older than me", then go "No, they can't be. I'm 18". I hear people say "I'm 18" and think "Couple of years until I'm 18. No wait, I'm 18 now. I'm turning 19 this summer". I still think of myself as 15 or 16. I still see myself as a kid, when no, I'm an adult.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:50:54 am by Simmura McCrea »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28224 on: April 19, 2011, 04:48:37 am »

I believe rage was first. There was a discussion there, Janet didn't like it, locked the happy thread, there was much arguing, it wandered into the sad thread, Toady got involved.
Yyyeah, I think it was this.

Also, Aqizzar has said what I wanted to say in a way I never could.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28225 on: April 19, 2011, 04:50:53 am »

Again, I saved backups of the entire argument. Firstly this was to create a metathread for discussion of the state of the forum, and reasonably address the issues people seem to be getting upset about in one organized place. Secondly, in the event that the dung hit the windmill, and something like this happened.

I wanted to wait for Tarn's response to the goings on to decide whether the metathread would be warranted. At this point, I'm thinking so.

Alright, I missed all the drama. But skimming through, I think the thread you are proposing already exists. Sure, it's locked, but I sort of doubt anybody has anything new and meaningful to add the the discussion that already took place.

As far as I'm concerned, this is Toady's house. He is not a tyrant, play by his rules or don't the door hit your ass on the way out. I'm kind of surprised to see Retro banned, but not TOTALLY SHOCKED enough to think Toady didn't have his reasons.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28226 on: April 19, 2011, 04:52:20 am »

We had thread-lockings before. *shrug*
Everything then started to slowly go to hell, in the order I posted.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28227 on: April 19, 2011, 04:56:01 am »

It's not really something that makes me sad, but I don't really know where else to put it. I look at people in high school and think "Wonder if they're older than me", then go "No, they can't be. I'm 18". I hear people say "I'm 18" and think "Couple of years until I'm 18. No wait, I'm 18 now. I'm turning 19 this summer". I still think of myself as 15 or 16. I still see myself as a kid, when no, I'm an adult.

I seem to have the opposite problem, probably stemming from early memory development.
There are just so many things that I know about that none of my peers do and so I feel years older than I am, even though they're the same age.
It's also led to people thinking I'm older online and, in some cases, real life as well.

Also, Aqizzar has said what I wanted to say in a way I never could.

I don't usually say much of anything on these crazy topics because he always seems to do this.

Meanwhile, this position paper I'm writing.
I have no idea how to write it.
Probably the first essay ever that I've not been able to bullshit my way through by following standard essay protocol.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28228 on: April 19, 2011, 05:16:26 am »

I come on and Captain Mayday, Makrond, and Retro have been banned.

OHHHH THIS IS SAD DAY
Shoes...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28229 on: April 19, 2011, 06:07:27 am »

I have a strong tie to this community, as I've been a regular part of it for some time, and have gotten to know many of its members. I also have something of a personal tie to it, having put months of work into developing a utility for Dwarf Fortress alongside many others, which got Tarn's flagship project a spotlight in PC Gamer magazine... and did so for little other than a desire to share the joy I've gotten out of the man's creations. I'd not doubt that this has had a positive impact on the growth and development of this community, and to some degree even Tarn's personal income.

That said, I'm going to be taking a few steps back from the community for the time being. I'm feeling pretty frustrated with some of the things that have been going on, and though I'd like to address some issues raised by several members in a reasonable and fair way, what appears to me like nothing more than reasonable discussion was enough to get several people (who I find myself partially agreeing with) banned. At the same time, insults and repeated trolling directed -toward- the aforementioned former forum members, and direct infractions of established rules have resulted in no moderation at all. No doubt I don't see the whole picture in regard to the banning, but it appears rather petty and unjust to me (as much as one can be unjust and petty on their own freely provided public forum).

Rather than cause any more strife by reopening obviously unwelcome discussions, I'll be withdrawing from the community for the time being. For those it concerns, I'll be around for any games or projects that I'm currently involved with, and will certainly be maintaining contact with folks (you know who you are). My email is in my profile if you need to get in touch with me.

Thanks to everyone, and I'll see you around.
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 8167