Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486334 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28140 on: April 18, 2011, 10:31:42 am »

I flatly disagree with you on that.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28141 on: April 18, 2011, 10:34:33 am »

@'reasonable man':
You have other, better suited people for it. Spritiual Leaders if you wish.
Everything I can do, they can do better.

@Vector:
Well you shouldn't be. If 'being in a funk', means 'going through emotional turmoil', then you should be happy for me.
Anyway nothing will change, really. As long as you're willing to continue writing lettes, we'll stay in touch.
It's not like I ever had a strong presence aound here. You however have one and you're doing good things with it (I should know, there's rarely one of your posts I miss). You're needed around here.

I'm just sad that I planned to post a livestream thread today.
Hey, with all that theatre-enthusiasm going around, I thought it might be a good idea to stream Sweeney Todd...

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #28142 on: April 18, 2011, 10:38:51 am »

I'm just sad that I planned to post a livestream thread today.
Hey, with all that theatre-enthusiasm going around, I thought it might be a good idea to stream Sweeney Todd...
Do it. I won't watch it, I really rarely watch movies twice, but damn, Livestreams are awesome. Even if your only a few people, I mean, me and a friend have watched my brother livestream for hours and even though it's not the level of awesome Solifuges commentaries emit, it's helluva lot of fun.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28143 on: April 18, 2011, 10:56:20 am »

God my throat hurts. I am thinking about skipping classes today, but that would mean I have missed this class two weeks running. Fuck I don't know what to do.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28144 on: April 18, 2011, 11:01:09 am »

What the hell did I miss in here?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28145 on: April 18, 2011, 11:02:04 am »

What the hell did I miss in here?
A massive argument.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28146 on: April 18, 2011, 12:27:45 pm »

Friend got caught attempting suicide via pills, is recovering after discharge from the hospital. He said he felt left out and passed up, like he was on the fringe of his social group. Every single one of us admired the fuck out of him and he was the heart and soul of our pack. I just feel really weird right now. Everything just seems like it is, and is permanently so. I was in a kind of daze earlier and was surprised to see that one could move objects from their place of rest. I'm not sure when this will hit me and I just start breaking shit. Everybody is alright and we can deal with our problems but I feel very detached and angry.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28147 on: April 18, 2011, 01:13:15 pm »

Friend got caught attempting suicide via pills, is recovering after discharge from the hospital. He said he felt left out and passed up, like he was on the fringe of his social group. Every single one of us admired the fuck out of him and he was the heart and soul of our pack. I just feel really weird right now. Everything just seems like it is, and is permanently so. I was in a kind of daze earlier and was surprised to see that one could move objects from their place of rest. I'm not sure when this will hit me and I just start breaking shit. Everybody is alright and we can deal with our problems but I feel very detached and angry.

I am really, really sorry to hear that.  I hope things improve for you soon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28148 on: April 18, 2011, 01:49:37 pm »

Last night I read a book that discussed monsters (one of my main interests) and moved from ancient times all the way to the present.

Somehow, in the process of reading the book it became really apparent to me just how much of our culture and thinking is directed by ideas that are hundreds or thousands of years old. And for some reason this strikes me as singularly awful. Like I just realized something horrible and shameful about mankind in general. And the worst part is that I have no idea why it bothers me like that, and I can't come up with a logical explanation that feels right.

Hrrrrm... :-\

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28149 on: April 18, 2011, 01:56:02 pm »

It's really weird how common that thought is, of not being part of a social group despite having many people who look up to and admire you. It's even pretty common in families and parents, where kids don't know how much their parents care about them and how parents don't know how much their children care about them. It's impossible to know when this is going down, and it's not terribly possible to constantly flood everyone constantly with how much you admire them.

It's a weird situation and I feel for you on it man. Here's hoping your buddy realizes how much their friends live them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28150 on: April 18, 2011, 01:58:44 pm »

It seems that as soon as i decide to do something important everything conspires against me in order to prevent me from doing the decided thing, this goes on for a while before i eventually get pissed of to the point where i say fuck it and give up on the whole deal, this is happening right now, and i don't want it to happen, but god dammit i really can't stand the shit of everyday life right now, i just need a big long break from everything and everyone.Easter holidays are coming up but that won't really change much, i will only eat more tasty stuff than usually :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28151 on: April 18, 2011, 02:21:14 pm »

I can't fucking sleep.

I tried for 2 hours and 30 minutes but I'm just not tired.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #28152 on: April 18, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »

I'm going to be out for a bit and won't be able to read and sort this out.  Locking it for some hours.  Sockpuppet banned.  There are lots of other reports and the entire thing to look at in general.  If anybody else knows they are going to get toasted, please be patient and wait for it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #28153 on: April 19, 2011, 02:38:42 am »

GamerKnight was banned for being a troll.

Captain Mayday, Makrond and Retro have been banned for supporting Dasleah's multiple ban dodges and generally flouting moderation.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28154 on: April 19, 2011, 02:42:17 am »

It makes me sad that the Toad had to intervene D:
Pages: 1 ... 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 ... 8167