Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477043 times)

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27960 on: April 18, 2011, 08:19:55 am »

Are you sarcasming?
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27961 on: April 18, 2011, 08:20:26 am »

I wonder, Brotipodes. Should I call you Brotipodes? What ever you wish will do for me. Sorry, off topic.

Is  it possible to not like you regardless of how you feel about some other users? I mean just personally I'm not a huge fan of Janet, I think she is some what bipolar. Yet I do my best to show some respect, regardless of personal feelings. Could it be that I'm not a huge fan of you because you choose how you act around people based on your feelings towards them, rather then choosing diplomacy? Could I possibly not like both you and Janet, or am I harbouring a secret like for one party?

Brotipodes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27962 on: April 18, 2011, 08:22:34 am »

Max White, at some point you're going to have to pull your head out of your arse and make a point that someone else can follow.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27963 on: April 18, 2011, 08:23:09 am »

I wonder, Brotipodes. Should I call you Brotipodes? What ever you wish will do for me. Sorry, off topic.

Is  it possible to not like you regardless of how you feel about some other users? I mean just personally I'm not a huge fan of Janet, I think she is some what bipolar. Yet I do my best to show some respect, regardless of personal feelings. Could it be that I'm not a huge fan of you because you choose how you act around people based on your feelings towards them, rather then choosing diplomacy? Could I possibly not like both you and Janet, or am I harbouring a secret like for one party?

Holy shit. What the fuck is he saying?
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #27964 on: April 18, 2011, 08:23:50 am »

Max, can you something more sensical.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27965 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:39 am »

Basically, if your neighborhood starts going downhill, you have the option of moving away like a coward, or staying and trying to improve it to it's former glory.

Because everyone always agrees on what 'downhill' is.
Bro, who ever you are I just gotta say one thing. Yes. You are correct in many of you arguments in your speach. I find the fort mew mew or what ever it's called annoying. But I just keep on living and don't care. There are more important things to worry about. So just remember. Always look on the bright side of life.

There are certainly more important things in life and rest assured that I won't be losing any sleep over this, but this attitude is another problem. There's an overwhelming trend to respond to any negativity on these forums with one of those fake-fifties-housewives smiles and just nod and pretend we're all one big happy family. We're not! Half of us hate the other half! It's ok to have issues with people and complain about them. Dissent is not a dirty word, and nor should any possible hint of it be automatic grounds for ignorance and hostility.

Yes, and because I take issue with the orphanage around the corner being painted a certain colour, I try to convince people to tear it down. Your wishes for the community are not necessarily (and, judging by recent events, at all) representative of those of the majority of the community. Furthermore, there are shades of tolerance between 'take part in' and 'hate'. Half of us do not hate the other half. If we did, no amplitude of relaxed states would keep these forums from going up like a dwarf in a volcano. Those of us who take part in the LoLD do so; those of us who do not- excluding certain members of present company- simply ignore it. Same goes for whatever other threads you happen to find objectionable. Finally, no, dissent is not a dirty word. Personal attacks, however, are. You can protest, and oh hey, look, Retro, Nagash and Mayday do, on occasion, and they haven't been banned, because they weren't making attacks as part of the protest- same as in real life. If you rickroll the Church of Scientology, you're fine. If you throw a brick at L. Ron Hubbard, you go to prison, or cop a fine, or whatever it is the cool kids are doing nowadays.

You guys realise that there is a general perception that the DF community is worse than the Minecraft community right?

Just thought I'd throw some perspective in here.

Citation so very needed.
You'll have to understand that motions of 'we are not all that terrible' coming from the very people who are so ingrained in the culture of this forum that makes it so terrible are hardly to be taken as a reasonable insight into this. You can't accurately comment and judge these things because I guarantee you even now you're honestly not grasping what I'm saying beyond 'he doesn't like Janet or MeoM'. I don't know if there's honestly a way to fix that. And from experience I know Toady will simply ban and delete these posts anyway, which is half of the frustration in genuinely and constructively trying to make a difference here. I've made these points far more politely and eloquently a dozen times before, but in the interests of maintaining a happy outer facing, they're all gone now.

You'll have to understand that motions of 'oh my god they suck so much' coming from the very people who are so obsessed with themselves that they believe that what they don't like is objectively terrible are hardly to be taken as a reasonable insight into this.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27966 on: April 18, 2011, 08:26:37 am »

So I'll assume Brotipodes is fine.
All your arguments seem to live on the foundation that

I guarantee you even now you're honestly not grasping what I'm saying beyond 'he doesn't like Janet or MeoM

See, your saying that the only reason that any body wouldn't like you, is because we like Janet or MoM, and because you don't like them, we should hate you and not hold any of your arguments in any regard. But isn't it possible for somebody to not like you because they do not like you, regardless of anybody else?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27967 on: April 18, 2011, 08:27:07 am »

Holy shit. What the fuck is he saying?
I think what he is saying is that Desleah's point of view on whom is a 'problem to this community' is very much an opinion. And that such can be stretched to him as well.
 I kinda support that if it is the case. Dasleah is kicking up alot of dust and making the forums a slight shitstorm right now.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #27968 on: April 18, 2011, 08:28:12 am »

Ding, there goes or daily does of completely missing the point.

And yes max, you can hate someone because of there personality.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27969 on: April 18, 2011, 08:28:45 am »

You guys realise that there is a general perception that the DF community is worse than the Minecraft community right?

You are ether a very lazy or a very stupid troll.

Ah, who are we kidding, it is most likely both.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27970 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:15 am »

Well, this was certainly somthing I didn't expect to wake up to.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27971 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:23 am »

You can't accurately comment and judge these things because I guarantee you even now you're honestly not grasping what I'm saying beyond 'he doesn't like Janet or MeoM'.
Oh my god everyone. He knows better than us, he said so even! It must be a fact!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27972 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:37 am »

Ding, there goes or daily does of completely missing the point.

And yes max, you can hate someone because of there personality.

Oh good! So the entire 'You only hate me because I don't like Janet!' argument is no longer valid. So what else is there?
Well, this was certainly somthing I didn't expect to wake up to.

Good morning.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #27973 on: April 18, 2011, 08:30:45 am »

He was saying don't hate me just because I don't like Janet.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27974 on: April 18, 2011, 08:31:28 am »

He was saying don't hate me just because I don't like Janet.

But I don't. I dislike him for other reasons. To reiterate, what else is there?
Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 8167