Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1855 1856 [1857] 1858 1859 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465549 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27840 on: April 17, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »

MY HEADSET HAS BROKEDED Or well, just the microphone but that sucks when I'm used to being on skype a lot with brother :<

I am thinking of buying a new one, and going for Steelseries since they have a nice reputation and I'm buying a mouse now too, might aswell when it keeps double clicking.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27841 on: April 17, 2011, 05:59:46 pm »

Fucking Amnesia, why u no download fast ;-;

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27842 on: April 17, 2011, 06:11:54 pm »

MY HEADSET HAS BROKEDED Or well, just the microphone but that sucks when I'm used to being on skype a lot with brother :<

I am thinking of buying a new one, and going for Steelseries since they have a nice reputation and I'm buying a mouse now too, might aswell when it keeps double clicking.

I went through the same thing with my mouse; I tried to repair the button, but the solenoid was worn out, and the cord cat-chewed. Also, my cat managed to eat through my microphone, so that means no more silly Commentated Livestreams until I can justify the expense of a new computer mic... which might be a while given that I have to be extremely frugal with finances right now. :/

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27843 on: April 17, 2011, 06:13:34 pm »

I like getting reviews and comments, but I get really tired of responding to them.

This is why I need to write real fiction, rather than fanfiction, so that the raving masses can send me letters I can use to stuff mattresses or something and they can get form letters (or better yet, nothing) back.

... I am such an asshole :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #27844 on: April 17, 2011, 06:21:29 pm »

Hehehe. Nah, it's really awkward to respond to praise. I mean, at the very least there's only so many ways you can say thank you, right? Plus there's that feeling of obligation, which never helps.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #27845 on: April 17, 2011, 06:22:16 pm »

Also, my cat managed to eat through my microphone, so that means no more silly Commentated Livestreams until I can justify the expense of a new computer mic... which might be a while given that I have to be extremely frugal with finances right now. :/
WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo We must put up a donate button for the sake of the livestream!

I like getting reviews and comments, but I get really tired of responding to them.

This is why I need to write real fiction, rather than fanfiction, so that the raving masses can send me letters I can use to stuff mattresses or something and they can get form letters (or better yet, nothing) back.

... I am such an asshole :3

Just have to reach the amount of comments/review that everyone will understand you only answer the ones you feel like, just remember to assure everyone that you do read 'em.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27846 on: April 17, 2011, 07:02:10 pm »

Urgh...
Despite the fact that I never really knew her, I really miss my daughter... Which turns me onto more thoughts... who are social services to decide who can be a fit parent or not? Why was I allowed to stay with mine for those twelve hellish years.. were they fit? Sick bastards who treated their daughter as nothing but a fucking whore, to be sold to every passing stranger who could line their pockets?

And even then, I was moved in with a pair of emotionally abusive bastards, who once again were only concerned with the money that the government paid out to raise me... and then, when I needed them most, fucking kicked me out..

And Yumi was an "unfit" parent as well. She never even got to see her child, and her parents, who were deemed fit to look after their grandchild in place of Yumi, they didn't even visit her when she was in her coma, how were they fit parents by any stretch of the imagination?
How the hell can she be called unfit when in two short years she's managed to near completely reverse the effects of 14 years of abuse?

Bleh.. TL;DR life, in general, made me sad today.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27847 on: April 17, 2011, 07:09:58 pm »

Because it's difficult for government entities to make exceptions to rules. Teenage mothers in general don't have the resources to raise a child, and adults are good at hiding their abuse.

And as much as I agree that your parents were bad you have to acknowledge that you can barely feed yourselves. It's important for children to be raised in a household that provides emotional stability but before that they gotta eat. I'm with you on it being a sucky situation, but I can see why Child Protection would do something about it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27848 on: April 17, 2011, 07:32:42 pm »

MerchantOfMenace's who shitty life thing. Really kind of a downer to hear about. At least I have one good parent (guess which one it is, someone).

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27849 on: April 17, 2011, 07:36:24 pm »

Jumped over to the Creative Project subforum, took a look around, and realized just how absolutely crappy everything I draw is.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27850 on: April 17, 2011, 07:39:10 pm »

I agree with Blackmagechill here, I've gotten nightmare from reading about what happened to you.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27851 on: April 17, 2011, 08:01:51 pm »

Urgh...
Despite the fact that I never really knew her, I really miss my daughter... Which turns me onto more thoughts... who are social services to decide who can be a fit parent or not? Why was I allowed to stay with mine for those twelve hellish years.. were they fit? Sick bastards who treated their daughter as nothing but a fucking whore, to be sold to every passing stranger who could line their pockets?

And even then, I was moved in with a pair of emotionally abusive bastards, who once again were only concerned with the money that the government paid out to raise me... and then, when I needed them most, fucking kicked me out..

And Yumi was an "unfit" parent as well. She never even got to see her child, and her parents, who were deemed fit to look after their grandchild in place of Yumi, they didn't even visit her when she was in her coma, how were they fit parents by any stretch of the imagination?
How the hell can she be called unfit when in two short years she's managed to near completely reverse the effects of 14 years of abuse?

Bleh.. TL;DR life, in general, made me sad today.

...Holy fuck.

This made me sad today.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27852 on: April 17, 2011, 08:44:53 pm »

As Zrk so eloquently put it, holy fuck.

My sympathies, Merchant.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #27853 on: April 17, 2011, 10:09:21 pm »

I can't buy Minecraft. I don't have a bank account and my mom's doesn't have any money... or something.
Anyway, we're unable to use it. She bought me a $25 dollar gift card, but I found out it can't be used to purchase things out of country, including online. :(

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27854 on: April 17, 2011, 10:49:23 pm »

In trimming my beard, I made an error. The only way to correct it in a way that made me not look hilariously bad required me to excise it completely. My chin is cold now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 1855 1856 [1857] 1858 1859 ... 8167