Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1851 1852 [1853] 1854 1855 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462810 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27780 on: April 16, 2011, 01:50:00 pm »

The abortion debate info thread made by Vector is about to collapse into flames. Flamewars to be exact.

No it's not.  I exited.  Problem solved.

I'm sorry about what happened there.  It seems to have gotten pretty nasty.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27781 on: April 16, 2011, 01:52:51 pm »

What the hell?

I've been helping my father in the garden today, he's been all nice, we talked a little.
And the next moment he storms into my room raging about, how my little brother is in here and if I plan to make him addicted to the PC, like I am, since I've been gaming all day (according to him).

1.) What, am I supposed to lock myself in all the time? Not possible, since the room where the PC is located is supposed to be for both of us.
Can't forbid him from coming here, since he won't listen to me anyway.
And they fail to enforce his designated hours themselves, letting him overstay EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

2.) Yes, obviously the PC is resposible for everything bad that happened in my live.
It's not that I could be a coping mechanism, or one of the few ways I socialize and can talk to other people, no that makes no sense.

3.) If a bit more than two hours is all day, than sure.

And the saddest thing? I can't even properly argue in polish. I can't properly explain. I can't defend my position.
It's great to prey on those, who can't even fight back.
That's why he keeps having this idiot-image of me.

Afterwards I got another portion of verbal abuse on the internet.
Great, just great.

I was hoping to look into streaming tonight, but it looks now, like I have to procrastinate that...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27782 on: April 16, 2011, 02:01:16 pm »

The abortion debate info thread made by Vector is about to collapse into flames. Flamewars to be exact.

No it's not.  I exited.  Problem solved.

I'm sorry about what happened there.  It seems to have gotten pretty nasty.

I just got the impression I was talking to myself.  I couldn't disagree with a certain point of reasoning without that point getting expanded, twisted, and villainized into portraying me as completely opposite of who I am.  So yeah, it was going to be a flamewar if I stuck around.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #27783 on: April 16, 2011, 02:03:41 pm »

Yeah, that's kinda how I felt too. I don't like being personally attacked and it got pretty nasty there at the end. It wasn't you that was gonna turn it into a flamewar though, it was after you'd already left. Thankfully, I think cooler heads have prevailed.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27784 on: April 16, 2011, 02:04:25 pm »

snip

That's pretty shit. I don't really know what to say, man.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27785 on: April 16, 2011, 02:10:08 pm »

I don't really know what went on, because I don't feel like putting myself through that emotional wringer.  But for the part where I was around, I felt like it was a situation so complicated that I needed to learn more about everything to even consider discussing it.  That's why I basically stepped out, myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27786 on: April 16, 2011, 02:41:21 pm »

What the hell?

I've been helping my father in the garden today, he's been all nice, we talked a little.
And the next moment he storms into my room raging about, how my little brother is in here and if I plan to make him addicted to the PC, like I am, since I've been gaming all day (according to him).

1.) What, am I supposed to lock myself in all the time? Not possible, since the room where the PC is located is supposed to be for both of us.
Can't forbid him from coming here, since he won't listen to me anyway.
And they fail to enforce his designated hours themselves, letting him overstay EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

2.) Yes, obviously the PC is resposible for everything bad that happened in my live.
It's not that I could be a coping mechanism, or one of the few ways I socialize and can talk to other people, no that makes no sense.

3.) If a bit more than two hours is all day, than sure.

And the saddest thing? I can't even properly argue in polish. I can't properly explain. I can't defend my position.
It's great to prey on those, who can't even fight back.
That's why he keeps having this idiot-image of me.

Afterwards I got another portion of verbal abuse on the internet.
Great, just great.

I was hoping to look into streaming tonight, but it looks now, like I have to procrastinate that...
Fucking parents. As I've said before, to Duke I believe, I really can't understand why it's so fucking easy for people to be arseholes to their kids. What kind of twisted sense of entitlement is that? And the worst part is, you (read I) can never completely shut them out, since the whole "seeking their approval" bullshit has been conditioned into your head since birth.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27787 on: April 16, 2011, 02:42:04 pm »

Hehe, seems to be a running theme
*Hugs*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27788 on: April 16, 2011, 02:49:53 pm »

Eh, it's less 'their approval', but 'anyones approval'.
The last time I had any from them, was in elementary school and even there I've been told to deal with the problems I had by myself.
Well, I did fail in doing that and so my troubles continued in my next school. And seeing how my grades were gradually getting worse, any approval was withdrawn and they basically tried to drive out this 'bad behaviour' (getting mediocre marks, due to being constantly mobbed) through negative reinforcement.

Making it 'my fault', made it easy for them, to deal with it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27789 on: April 16, 2011, 03:12:47 pm »

Damn parents. It angers me beyond words. So much to raeg about and no ability to express it. It makes me sad. Though mostly angry.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27790 on: April 16, 2011, 03:14:44 pm »

Tornado just tore through town. Me and mine are okay. I know there's a few other forumites in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area as well, hope everyone is okay.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27791 on: April 16, 2011, 03:18:15 pm »

Damn you livestream!
It saved the testvideo, without telling me where it went.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #27792 on: April 16, 2011, 03:19:25 pm »

Should be on your stream page. Unless you mean the copy on your HDD, in which just look through C:\ and My Documents.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27793 on: April 16, 2011, 03:21:39 pm »

The pets thread reminded me of one of my old cats that went missing. I never saw it again :(

Now I'm sad.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27794 on: April 16, 2011, 03:24:54 pm »

Got a few pages farther in Homestuck.

ERIDAN YOU RAVING DOUCHEBAG.  Fucker.

Ugh.

Pages: 1 ... 1851 1852 [1853] 1854 1855 ... 8167