Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447785 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27435 on: April 13, 2011, 05:41:16 am »

Just finished watching a movie called '5 Centimeters Per Second'... Well that was heart breaking! Why would they do that?!?!?! Sad now.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27436 on: April 13, 2011, 05:55:33 am »

Cheer up, guys.

I'm sad too, but cheer up dammit!
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27437 on: April 13, 2011, 06:03:05 am »

Sorry, not possible. Currently stuck in 'Think about the past, and what you would have done better' mode.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27438 on: April 13, 2011, 06:09:25 am »

This deontology shit is utter BS. I dont know why we are having an exam about this.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27439 on: April 13, 2011, 06:10:50 am »

Because it's utter BS? I think you're required to have at least 3 utter BS subjects by law or something.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27440 on: April 13, 2011, 06:12:52 am »

Minimum two, but you are required to show evidence that you have studied bullshit prior to the course, otherwise it is three.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27441 on: April 13, 2011, 06:14:23 am »

Just finished watching a movie called '5 Centimeters Per Second'... Well that was heart breaking! Why would they do that?!?!?! Sad now.
Why would who do what?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27442 on: April 13, 2011, 06:15:53 am »

This semester is composed exclusively of utter BS subjects.But this one is the worst of them all, with a vengeance. "Interpersonal conflicts must be mediated with justice, and templance moderated by fortitude". What the hell is that supposed to mean?

There are worse examples: take, for instance, this bit: "There are four principles justifying Professional Secret: respect to the dignity of the person, social confidence, and loyalty to the person" which makes me wonder whether the writer did not know how to count beyond three, or got bored while writing it instead.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27443 on: April 13, 2011, 06:18:40 am »

Why would who do what?
WHY WOULD THEY BREAK MY HEART LIKE THAT? I'm going to be in a sulky mood for weeks now.

This semester is composed exclusively of utter BS subjects.But this one is the worst of them all, with a vengeance. "Interpersonal conflicts must be mediated with justice, and templance moderated by fortitude". What the hell is that supposed to mean?

There are worse examples: take, for instance, this bit: "There are four principles justifying Professional Secret: respect to the dignity of the person, social confidence, and loyalty to the person" which makes me wonder whether the writer did not know how to count beyond three, or got bored while writing it instead.
Lucky you! The more BS you know, the better you do in life. Just look at politics.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27444 on: April 13, 2011, 06:19:58 am »

Shit man, I feel sorry for you.

What's your major in?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27445 on: April 13, 2011, 06:20:25 am »

There's a joke in central and eastern Europe, something along the lines of:
"The four Evangelists were three: Luke and Matthew, but not me."

So don't take it so hard. Most books on social studies are written by semi-literate morons.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27446 on: April 13, 2011, 07:42:54 am »

Had to take some medication today. Hate medication.
Not feeling very well right now. Sort of want to throw up. Not going to sleep well, because I was sleeping so well to start with... Well tonight is not doing anything to help me get over my phobias.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27447 on: April 13, 2011, 08:56:23 am »

Well, my grandpa died last night. That makes me sad.

Was sick, got worse, then just died. Never really knew him well though, he wasnt a "Take me to the park" grandpa, but more like a "hey, here's a quarter I found" grandpa.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27448 on: April 13, 2011, 09:02:10 am »

It means you're supposed to get a Paladin to solve all your arguments with other people, and you need to roll Fortitude saves to avoid drinking alcohol.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27449 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:31 am »

Well, my grandpa died last night. That makes me sad.

Was sick, got worse, then just died. Never really knew him well though, he wasnt a "Take me to the park" grandpa, but more like a "hey, here's a quarter I found" grandpa.
My condolences. I've lost three out four grandparents, and it's hard to loose them even if you aren't very close to them. In my experience, at least.

edit:gods, the spelling...
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 ... 8167