Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446808 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27420 on: April 13, 2011, 01:08:13 am »

Yeah, I think you're right.  Seems like I've outgrown a lot of my high school friends recently... not that that's a bad thing =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #27421 on: April 13, 2011, 01:08:44 am »

I think I'm losing/have lost one of my friends.  I don't really think I'm depressed or too sad about it, but I'm starting to realize that I really don't care to know what they're up to anymore, and everything they do bothers me.  Hmm... and part of the problem is that I don't like being with them, because we fulfill the same social role in a group, sort of.  I don't know how frequently other people have similar experiences with all that, haha.
Holy fuck. This describes almost perfectly the situation I'm finding myself in right now. Except throw in an out-of-state move on my friend's part and some kind of love triangle bullshit that I'm still not exactly clear on.

I'm starting to feel like he and I were friends because I never felt confident enough to allow myself to be myself. But now I do, and I'm not satisfied with being a "poor man's replacement for A-" (even though my initial is also A...)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:11:25 am by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27422 on: April 13, 2011, 01:13:13 am »

Yeah, I think you're right.  Seems like I've outgrown a lot of my high school friends recently... not that that's a bad thing =)
Just remember to not dissolve the relationship instantly, that can have disastrous effects that i found out regrettably when i told my high school friends to just fuck off and leave me alone right before we graduated. Let it simmer down. You should be able to find someone new too eventually too.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27423 on: April 13, 2011, 01:29:45 am »

Just remember to not dissolve the relationship instantly, that can have disastrous effects that i found out regrettably when i told my high school friends to just fuck off and leave me alone right before we graduated. Let it simmer down. You should be able to find someone new too eventually too.

Nah, it's been a very slow and rocky separation, where I occasionally perk up and go "Huh, it seems that we're separating."  But I realized just now that we really haven't spoken for the past two years or so, except for when I was really depressed and basically needed emergency help from any quarter.  We haven't spent time together, either.

I think that if she was in real trouble, I'd definitely help her, and she'd help me--so we're friends in that sense.  Just not in the getting along well and talking to each other frequently sense.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27424 on: April 13, 2011, 01:34:26 am »

Nah, it's been a very slow and rocky separation, where I occasionally perk up and go "Huh, it seems that we're separating."  But I realized just now that we really haven't spoken for the past two years or so, except for when I was really depressed and basically needed emergency help from any quarter.  We haven't spent time together, either.

I think that if she was in real trouble, I'd definitely help her, and she'd help me--so we're friends in that sense.  Just not in the getting along well and talking to each other frequently sense.
Its still normal then, it doesn't look like its destructive to either of you.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27425 on: April 13, 2011, 02:04:52 am »

Ein is inadvertently killing me...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27426 on: April 13, 2011, 02:05:57 am »

Sleep deprivation?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27427 on: April 13, 2011, 02:12:17 am »

Worse, causing coughing fits....

Damn you ein, you and your littleshrimp.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27428 on: April 13, 2011, 02:14:08 am »

I can't help it.
He's too awesome.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27429 on: April 13, 2011, 03:44:07 am »

Bleh, good mood --
So much for a day which isn't crap for once
*Hugs*

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27430 on: April 13, 2011, 03:49:54 am »

Bleh, good mood --
You're sad about your good mood?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27431 on: April 13, 2011, 03:50:25 am »

Bleh, good mood --
You're sad about your good mood?
No, its gone.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27432 on: April 13, 2011, 04:40:50 am »

Little brother broke his leg

Feel so bad for the little fucker.

He's only 9 goddamnit
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27433 on: April 13, 2011, 04:55:08 am »

Ugh... I just want today to be over..
bleh wanna go curl up and die somewhere..
*Hugs*

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27434 on: April 13, 2011, 05:02:20 am »

Ugh... I just want today to be over..
bleh wanna go curl up and die somewhere..
This is making me sad.
 :'(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 8167