Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1821 1822 [1823] 1824 1825 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441820 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27330 on: April 12, 2011, 03:20:45 am »

I'm sad that I can't read musical notes.

What I mean is, I don't know the difference from an F# and an A. Except that one's higher than the other.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27331 on: April 12, 2011, 03:25:43 am »

For a treble stave, (i.e. the one with the swirly thing at the beginning) remember F A C E and E G B D F; FACE is the gaps between lines in ascending order, EGBDF is on the lines. If there's a # or a b at the beginning of the piece, every note on that line or space is sharp or flat (one semitone higher or lower) respectively, and if a note has a #b or ,=' after it, then just that note is sharp, flat or natural (i.e. neither sharp nor flat). B and E have no sharp; if you have to 'sharp' them, use C or F instead, Likewise, C and F have no flats, if you must flat them, use B and E.

*panting*
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27332 on: April 12, 2011, 03:27:52 am »

I'm sad because all that went way over my head.

It went so high up that I think you can build an orbital defense platform on it.

Or launch space ships, idfk
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27333 on: April 12, 2011, 03:29:48 am »

And remember, F A C E:
Forgo Any Crazy Evangelists

E G B D F
Egads! Gertrud Bombed Danish Forces!

That's how we were taught to remember them anyway.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27334 on: April 12, 2011, 03:30:55 am »

I prefer the latin notes.

And german ones are ridiculous. CDEFGHAC? Where'd the  B go? Oh right, that's H flat or something.

E: or, ya know, just "Face"

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27335 on: April 12, 2011, 03:39:21 am »

For a treble stave, (i.e. the one with the swirly thing at the beginning) remember F A C E and E G B D F; FACE is the gaps between lines in ascending order, EGBDF is on the lines. If there's a # or a b at the beginning of the piece, every note on that line or space is sharp or flat (one semitone higher or lower) respectively, and if a note has a #b or ,=' after it, then just that note is sharp, flat or natural (i.e. neither sharp nor flat). B and E have no sharp; if you have to 'sharp' them, use C or F instead, Likewise, C and F have no flats, if you must flat them, use B and E.

*panting*
Dude, I kinda need that dumbed down.

I'm not the smartest idiot you'll meet.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27336 on: April 12, 2011, 03:44:37 am »

Ach, I'm dumbing as hard as I can D:

Yeah, I'm the guy who always gets asked to use smaller words.

It's like they're discriminating against my use of language! Those... those... LINGUISTS.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #27337 on: April 12, 2011, 03:51:17 am »

*panting*
None of this means anything to me. It's like, I know you're speaking English, but it's just BLAHBLAHBLAHSTUFF. And screw you, spellchecker, BLAHBLAHSTUFF is a word.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27338 on: April 12, 2011, 03:52:27 am »

*panting*
None of this means anything to me. It's like, I know you're speaking English, but it's just BLAHBLAHBLAHSTUFF. And screw you, spellchecker, BLAHBLAHSTUFF is a word.
Same here...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27339 on: April 12, 2011, 04:04:06 am »

Hmm, lemme try that. There are seven main notes per octave, labelled from A to G. Those that have the same name, despite having a different pitch, also sound the same, just, you know, higher pitched. s you could just concentrate on the main scale. On the note sheets the lowest line represents the E note, and every line and the spaces in between is another note. So from bottom to top that's EFGABCDEF

There's also halfnotes which are basically between those notes. So for instance C sharp (C#), half a note higher than C, is between C and D. D flat (Db) is half a note below D, and thus the same.
Some half notes don't exist because their main notes only difer by ahalf a note anyway. For instance there is no E sharp as that is identical to F.

Basically it goes like this: C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab, A, A#/Bb, B, C.

Three whole notes, a half note, two whole notes, and another half note. Then it goes back full circle.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:06:16 am by Darvi »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27340 on: April 12, 2011, 04:05:32 am »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27341 on: April 12, 2011, 04:07:18 am »

Yeah that works too.

Spoiler: Or this: (click to show/hide)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27342 on: April 12, 2011, 04:12:09 am »

And I always hated the Do Re Mi whatever.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #27343 on: April 12, 2011, 04:15:18 am »

Reason I will never take up an instrument number... Well, I don't know anymore.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27344 on: April 12, 2011, 04:19:29 am »

And I always hated the Do Re Mi whatever.
Yeah, but thanks to the Germans the letters confuse me.
Pages: 1 ... 1821 1822 [1823] 1824 1825 ... 8167